SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
"Members of Congress, my name is Michael Cohen. I am a liar. I have been disbarred because of my lying. I have been indicted and prosecuted for my lies. I have been found guilty and sentenced to prison for lying. But I am here today to tell you the truth and nothing but the truth, so help me...blah...blah...blah..."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Rep. Rashida Tlaib Accuses Mark Meadows Of Racism For Using Black Woman As "Prop"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...ing-black-woman-prop

It has been more than seven hours since Michael Cohen was sworn in before the House Oversight Committee, and yet the Congressmen and women who have had their questions relegated to the back end of the hearing have still managed to cause a stir. Following questions about Trump's financial improprieties posed by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ayanna Pressley, Michigan Rep. Rashida "Impeach the Motherfucker" Tlaib caused quite a stir when she implied that Freedom Caucus leader Mark Meadows was guilty of racism for "parading" a black Trump administration employee in front of the committee as a "prop".

During a question about Trump's history of racist remarks that was really more of a statement directed at her colleagues in the House, Tlaib alleged that Meadows decision to invite Lynne Patton, head of region II of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, to appear in front of the committee was "racist in itself."

"Just to make a note Mr. Chairman, just because someone has a person of color, a black person, working for them, doesn’t mean they’re not racist. It is insensitive, the fact that someone would actually use a prop a black woman in this chamber in this committee is alone racist in itself."

Meadows was understandably less than pleased with his colleagues' assertion, and tried to interrupt her to ask that Chairman Elijah Cummings strip the remarks from the record and chide Tlaib for violating House etiquette. Instead, he attempted to play the mediator, calmly allowing Tlaib to explain how she didn't intend to offend Meadows (of course, she was simply speaking her truth as a person of color).

Cummings then went on to remind the committee that he and Meadows are actually "Best Friends" despite their sometimes antagonistic demeanor in public, and backed up Meadows assertions that he is not, in fact, a racist.

Posts: 12683 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
[QUOTE]"Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power," Cohen said. And this is why I agreed to appear before you today."

If he actually said that, besides being a liar, he is a delusional melon farmer.

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p.d.:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
[QUOTE]"Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power," Cohen said. And this is why I agreed to appear before you today."

If he actually said that, besides being a liar, he is a delusional melon farmer.

He is delusional. Trump won’t lose in 2020.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I watched a bit of that hearing, it seemed to me like nothing but a political shit show

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Quick: Vote: https://www.wxyz.com/vote

Give it a couple seconds for the poll to come up. It probably won't run for long.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I watched a bit of that hearing, it seemed to me like nothing but a political shit show

This, nothing more nothing less.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just to make a note Mr. Chairman, just because someone has a person of color, a black person, working for them, doesn’t mean they’re not racist. It is insensitive, the fact that someone would actually use a prop a black woman in this chamber in this committee is alone racist in itself."

In my opinion, dismissing the testimony of a person who has known Trump and Cohen for years as that of a “prop” is both dehumanizing and definitely racist.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Everything the left does is a show. There isn't a single one of them who puts the country before their own self interests.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
NSFW

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
We will never know the extent to which the Cohen hearings in Washington may have figured in the collapse of the Vietnam summit. We know this: Kim is a tyrant who, like all tyrants, respects only one thing-- power. He had thought that Trump would attack him if he continued in his aggressive ways. Therefore, the missiles abruptly stopped.

But the spectacle of national politicians swarming in an attack on Trump, as well as reporters yelling insulting questions at Trump as he and Kim stood together-- that may have caused Kim to question Trump's power and resolve. Imagine if a NORK "reporter" had done that to Kim. He or she would disappear immediately and never be seen again. Tortured and killed. That is how Kim understands "power."

Just looking at Kim's body language and facial expressions-- he would not make eye contact with Trump-- he certainly did not resemble the man at the previous summit.

Even if the Democrat politicians and their lackeys had no real effect on the summit, their behavior yesterday was stomach turning. Put it together with their behavior regarding Kavanaugh's confirmation, and we see the depths of deceit and corruption of would-be totalitarians.

If America is still the land of the free, all these commie totalitarians will have their ass handed to them next year.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Suck it up, gents. No one said any of this was going to be easy.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
We will never know the extent to which the Cohen hearings in Washington may have figured in the collapse of the Vietnam summit. We know this: Kim is a tyrant who, like all tyrants, respects only one thing-- power. He had thought that Trump would attack him if he continued in his aggressive ways. Therefore, the missiles abruptly stopped.

But the spectacle of national politicians swarming in an attack on Trump, as well as reporters yelling insulting questions at Trump as he and Kim stood together-- that may have caused Kim to question Trump's power and resolve. Imagine if a NORK "reporter" had done that to Kim. He or she would disappear immediately and never be seen again. Tortured and killed. That is how Kim understands "power."

Just looking at Kim's body language and facial expressions-- he would not make eye contact with Trump-- he certainly did not resemble the man at the previous summit.

Even if the Democrat politicians and their lackeys had no real effect on the summit, their behavior yesterday was stomach turning. Put it together with their behavior regarding Kavanaugh's confirmation, and we see the depths of deceit and corruption of would-be totalitarians.

If America is still the land of the free, all these commie totalitarians will have their ass handed to them next year.

You gotta stop twisting yourself up over some of this stuff.

Xi applied pressure and NK has no way to do anything but follow Chinese orders at this point. Pretty simple.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
So a 10 year confidant flips and calls you a con man, and cheat, and a racist, and the worst accusation and smoking gun is hush money check?

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah the old "Declare Martial Law and Suspend the Election"- Like Bush 1 did and slick willie did and bush 2 did and Obama was gonna declare martial law, suspend the election and be a dictator.

These are the guys that sell the same T-shirt every presidential election.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why are you guys even addressing this crap? You take it seriously? No? Then, why?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Flushing the lines in this thread

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm not discouraged or intimidated by the Democrats. I think they are destructive, and constantly undermine the good of our nation. And that fact, for me, just makes me more determined to do everything I can to see that they are defeated next year-- as they will be.

Treating them as a joke is one very effective avenue of attack on them. But also making it clear how destructive they are, IMO, is another very effective avenue of attack.

Just my opinion. But if that needs "flushing" I won't say anything like that again.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A man convicted of lying to Congress is invited to go back before Congress and lie again, and people are losing their shit over this. Ridiculous. I'm speaking to everyone in this thread, not one particular member.

That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Hee hee. "Squirt bottle?!" That's the best. Thanks for keeping these annual threads rolling, boss! Between these, and a quick glance at the topics in the Lounge a couple times a day, I got rid of all my social media apps from my phone and stopped watching news and am living a better life. Smile

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post