SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I predict he'll get at least 350 Electoral votes in 2020.

flashguy

And at least 54% of the popular vote, as long as voting is monitored properly.

Which blue states do you see flipping? Kentucky?

Kentucky isn’t a blue state. Trump carried it handily in the last election, and he will again in the next.

Not sure why you got a different impression.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
This looks good to me.

sjtill, I like how you think... paint DC red!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

Kentucky isn’t a blue state. Trump carried it handily in the last election, and he will again in the next.

I'm not sure either. You're right, Trump almost doubled up on Clinton in Ky. Something is in my head from recently. Anyway, my question still stands.

Year V

Posts: 2633 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Kentucky just voted in a Democrat for governor. Bevin rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. The rest of the constitutional officers are Republican. Republicans have "super" majorities in the state house and senate. President Trump will have no problem winning Kentucky again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SOKYSig,

Posts: 39 | Location: SOKY | Registered: March 09, 2019Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SOKYSig:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

I'm not sure either. You're right, Trump almost doubled up on Clinton in Ky. Something is in my head from recently. Anyway, my question still stands.

Kentucky just voted in a Democrat for governor. Bevin rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. The rest of the constitutional officers are Republican. Republicans have "super" majorities in the state house and senate. President Trump will have no problem winning Kentucky again.

^^^^^^^
What he said. I’ve lived in Kentucky my entire life (Social Security aged), and Kentucky will be the first State to report for Trump on the Election at 7:01pm, after the polls close at 7:00pm (6:00pm Central Time).

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please stop with the thousand nested quotes. Please be conscious of the amount of real estate you guys are taking up on the page. It's not necessary to have a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote over and over and over on the page. Please, just say what you have to say without quoting anything. I think we can figure out what you're responding to, since it's on the page over and over and over again.

Quoting a half dozen posts is absolutley unnecessary, when all you're doing is typing out one single sentence as a response. Just say what you have to say, with no quoting, please. This is a 332 page thread. Think about someone trying to read through this thing. Have mercy, huh?

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mr Bellum for the Christmas present.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://comicbook.com/movies/2...-alone-2-cut-canada/

CBC suffering from severe TDS. They cut Trump’s cameo from Home Alone 2 this year. Oh they’ve assured people that it was nothing political. I believe them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^^saying that editing out Trump due to time constraints is complete bullshit.....we all know why they cut his scene.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Time constraints? Is that really the excuse they came up with? Really? Damn, that's such an obvious lie. They would have been better off saying nothing at all.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DOW Jones Avg

Jan 2017: 19,864

Dec 2019: 28,570

Donald Trump tweet:

STOCK MARKET CLOSES AT ALL-TIME HIGH! What a great time for the Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats to Impeach your favorite President, especially since he has not done anything wrong!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://trib.al/4dyrN9b

Breitbart link. McCain delivered five more Steele reports to Comey after the FBI cut Steele loose.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
https://trib.al/4dyrN9b

Breitbart link. McCain delivered five more Steele reports to Comey after the FBI cut Steele loose.

"Prior to his death, McCain admitted to personally handing the dossier to Comey but he refused repeated requests for comment about whether he had a role in providing the dossier to BuzzFeed, including numerous inquiries sent to his office by this reporter.
In his book published last year, McCain maintained he had an “obligation” to pass the dossier charges against Trump to Comey and he would even do it again. “Anyone who doesn’t like it can go to hell come join me ,” McCain exclaimed."

Fixed it for ya, Senator.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
https://vm.tiktok.com/CeKD7M/[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
”Anyone who doesn’t like it can go to hell come join me ,” McCain exclaimed."

RichardC, You should “unstrike” the “go to Hell” and add the word “and” in front of “come join me”.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump goes after Pelosi in early morning tweets complaining about impeachment
BY MORGAN CHALFANT - 12/26/19 08:51 AM EST

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/homenews/a...impeachment-in-early

"
President Trump assailed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in a series of tweets early Thursday, saying she should “clean up” her “filthy” and “dirty” district and suggesting she should face a primary challenger in 2020.

Trump, who repeated his earlier characterizations of Pelosi as “crazy,” continued his theme of lashing out at Democrats roughly a week after the House voted largely along party lines to pass articles of impeachment accusing him of abusing his office and obstructing Congress.

Trump has taken particular issue with Pelosi over her decision to delay sending the two articles of impeachment to the Senate until the rules for the impeachment trial in the upper chamber are made clear. Pelosi has expressed concerns that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will not hold a fair trial.

“The Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats said they wanted to RUSH everything through to the Senate because ‘President Trump is a threat to National Security’ (they are vicious, will say anything!), but now they don’t want to go fast anymore, they want to go very slowly. Liars!” Trump, who is on a two-week stay at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., tweeted early Thursday." .....MORE

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out "The Official Video" posted on The Trump Chopper website (Turning Washington Upside Down).

SO. MUCH. WINNING.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
This is chilling testimony from a Leftist PhD on Google's, Facebook's, etc manipulation of elections.

The whole video is good, but go to the 5:30 mark for the main point by Robert Epstein:

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/econ...nder-trump-tax-cuts/

American companies have brought $1 trillion back to the United States since the passage of President Donald Trump’s tax cuts in 2017, according to new U.S. Department of Commerce data.

Bloomberg News reported the repatriation figure since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 took effect last year, though noting that it was short of the $4 trillion that Trump had initially promised:

Bloomberg News notes it was "short" Smile

Investment banks and think tanks have estimated that American corporations held $1.5 trillion to $2.5 trillion in offshore cash at the time the law was enacted. Before the overhaul, companies were incentivized to keep profits overseas because they owed a 35% tax when bringing it back and could defer payment by keeping funds offshore. The law set a one-time 15.5% tax rate on cash and 8% on non-cash or illiquid assets.

As the Tax Foundation has noted, the tax on past overseas profits is payable over eight years, whether or not the funds are repatriated. Going forward, companies will only be taxed on earnings in the U.S.

The repatriation rate is somewhat slower than initially expected, the Wall Street Journal reported last year, because the U.S. tax rate is only one factor in companies’ decision to keep profits abroad

President Barack Obama had long decried the practice of companies shifting profits abroad, though he and his party proposed to add taxes and penalties to “unpatriotic” companies, rather than changing taxes and regulations to create new incentives to invest at home.

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Senate GOP wants speedy Trump acquittal
BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 12/28/19 06:16 AM EST

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/homenews/s...eedy-trump-acquittal

"Senate Republicans are plotting a speedy acquittal of President Trump as they strategize ahead of the impeachment trial.

After weeks of public haggling from within the caucus, GOP senators are largely lining up behind a shorter proceeding with few, if any, witnesses, paving the way for them to hand Trump an early election-year victory.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said his goal is “to have as short a trial as possible.”

ADVERTISEMENT
“I think there's a desire by senators, quite honestly, to get this chapter closed and moved forward,” Graham told reporters.

Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) said that when it comes to a trial “shorter is better,” and that he thought his colleagues were coalescing behind that.

“I think shorter is better for lots of reasons,” Cramer said. “I think people are ready to move on.”

Republicans are also stressing though that they don’t want to simply dismiss the articles against Trump. The House voted earlier this month to impeach Trump on two counts: one charging him with abuse of power in his dealings with Ukraine and the second with obstructing Congress during its investigation of those actions.

“I’m ready to get this thing and get it done,” said Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.). “It’s time for him to have his day in court. … I don’t want to a vote to dismiss. I want a vote to acquit. The president deserves to have due process.”

Graham, who previously advocated dismissing the articles, added that a “motion dismissed will not stand. … I don't want a motion to dismiss. I want a vote on the articles themselves.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who has emerged as a close ally of Trump’s, has floated trying to dismiss the article, including telling The Washington Post in November that he would make the motion “as soon as we possibly can.” A motion to dismiss would need 51 votes, and members of GOP leadership have suggested it would fall short.

Asked after the House impeachment vote if he still wanted to dismiss the articles instead of going through a trial, Paul sidestepped, telling The Hill that the “whole idea of the impeachment inquiry was ill-conceived … so I think the quicker it can be done the better.”
"“Well, if we go down in the witness path, we're going to want the whistleblower. We're going to want Hunter Biden. You can see here that this is the kind of mutual assured destruction episode that will go on for a long time,” McConnell told Fox News Radio.

Republicans believe they could have an advantage because the administration is expected to exert executive privilege to prevent Mulvaney or Bolton from testifying, setting up a lengthy court battle for Senate Democrats.

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) made that point during a recent closed-door caucus lunch, telling his colleagues that while Democrats’ witnesses could be tied up in a months-long court battle the GOP witness wish list would not currently face the same fight, according to a Republican senator who attended the lunch.

Kennedy echoed his warning publicly during a Fox News interview pledging that if Democrats want a “full-blown trial,” by calling witnesses Republicans oppose, GOP senators would follow suite.

“If they want a trial,” he said, “my God, we are going to have a trial.”

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post