SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 2/25/19

His segment is grouped together with others today. His segment starts at 06:53

Description

Monday 2/25/19: Joe diGenova, SBA List's Marjorie Dannenfelser, Christian Toto and Salena Zito

Description Monday 2/25/19: Joe diGenova, SBA List's Marjorie Dannenfelser, Christian Toto and Salena Zito [FLASH_VIDEO]

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Michael Cohen testifies in an open session tomorrow before the House Oversight Committee.

DEMs will no doubt try to damage the President as much as possible.

I hope some of the REPs on the committee get Cohen to say something that contradicts other statements he has given. If Cohen lies again, new charges should be brought against him.

Cohen testifies to the Senate Intel Comm today (closed session), and the House Intel Comm Thurdsday (another closed session)

https://www.washingtonexaminer...in-dark-about-russia

It would be a great service if the Cohen appearances helped increase the store of public information on the Trump-Russia furor. But even though Cohen is a key figure in the matter — his name is mentioned 24 times in the so-called Trump dossier — the hearings appear designed to prevent the public from learning anything new about the Russia matter.

First, two of the three hearings will be held in secret; both the Senate and House Intelligence committees plan to question Cohen behind closed doors. Those are the hearings that will delve into Russia. The hearing that is public, before House Oversight, is specifically structured not to touch on the Russia matter.

There is good reason for all the questioning to be public. Cohen is not a government official and has no classified information to share. His 24 mentions in the dossier have been publicly available for two years. His conviction on lying to Congress — specifically, his falsehood about the timing of Trump Tower Moscow discussions — is also public. His own case is over and done with, and he will soon be behind bars.

Furthermore, Cohen has already answered questions from the House Intelligence Committee, and all members, Democrat and Republican, voted to make those answers public. "There's no reason to prevent him from testifying publicly since he previously spoke to us in an unclassified setting, and the Democrats supported our motion in the last Congress to publish our interview transcripts," said Intelligence Committee ranking Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, a former chairman of the committee. (The Cohen transcript has still not been publicly released; GOP lawmakers say the intelligence community is dragging its feet on a routine pre-release review .)

Some might argue that with the investigation of Trump-Russia special counsel Robert Mueller not yet closed — although there are reports that is coming soon — Cohen should not speak publicly about an ongoing investigation. But the fact is, on Feb. 6, Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff announced a new Russia investigation that will, if carried through, recover much of the same ground as Mueller. That means what Cohen has to say about the Russia affair is now the subject of an ongoing House investigation — the Schiff investigation — and the House owes it to the public to conduct the probe in public.

Instead, Schiff will keep Cohen's answers under wraps.

Over at the Oversight Committee, the one that will be open, Chairman Rep. Elijah Cummings has ruled the hearing will not be about Russia

posted Hide Post

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rcuit-judge-n2542296

The Senate confirmed President Trump’s judicial nominee for the notoriously liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday in a straight party-line vote.

Seattle attorney Eric Miller, a former clerk to Associate Justice Clarence Thomas, was confirmed 53-46 to replace Judge Richard Tallman, who was appointed by former President Bill Clinton.

Miller was confirmed without the “blue slip” consent by the judge’s two home-state Democratic senators .

Democratic Sen. Patty Murray and fellow Washington Democrat Sen. Maria Cantwell did not return blue slips for Miller.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

about time REPs started treating obstructionist DEMs w determination to get things done

I think the overall DEM game plan was to massively obstruct President Trump appointments and then to impeach him early in his term. But the phony Russia collusion fabrication fell apart and they couldn't pull off a quick coup.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Michael Cohen testifies in an open session tomorrow before the House Oversight Committee.

My wife, who apparently has a stronger stomach and more patience for this kind of nonsense than I, is watching the circus.

So far, apparently Trump has threatened Cohen and his family and Cohen was pure as the wind-driven snow before Trump corrupted him

How anybody could value the word of somebody who rolled over on somebody whose affairs they were pledged to keep in confidence is beyond me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
“How anybody could value the word of somebody who rolled over on somebody whose affairs they were pledged to keep in confidence is beyond me.”

That’s nothing to the democrats. Those in congress are worse than that and do far worse to us and the country. Absolute scum. Every single one.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
<snip>
Miller was confirmed without the “blue slip” consent by the judge’s two home-state Democratic senators .
<snip>

Very glad to see the blue slip abuse overcome.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Trump hatred continues here, meanwhile President Trump is greeted like a rock star in Hanoi. They appreciate a good thing.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Anybody else watching the live Cohen House oversight committee testimony? Pretty crazy.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
Anybody else watching the live Cohen House oversight committee testimony? Pretty crazy.

I saw his opening statement. Haven't watched the Q&A. To me it seems pretty damaging. At this point, what does Cohen have to gain from making this stuff up? He's already been sentenced. Revenge? I don't see him coming in and completely fabricating stories and evidence for that.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:

I saw his opening statement. Haven't watched the Q&A. To me it seems pretty damaging. At this point, what does Cohen have to gain from making this stuff up? He's already been sentenced. Revenge? I don't see him coming in and completely fabricating stories and evidence for that.

Yes, the end is near.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
More wild allegations that lack evidence of illegality.

Stone talking with Wikileaks and Trump knowing about it, even if true, is not illegal and not a crime.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cohen admitted that his lawyer Lanny Davis has been working with top democrats to prepare for his testimony today.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm not watching and don't care what he says. When they invited a guy recently convicted of and sentenced to prison for lying to Congress to testify before Congress, that's when I decided it wasn't worth watching.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What can he gain? Favorable recommendations / reference for a future parole hearing, assurances his family could be taken care of, stories to try to sell in a book... etc, etc...

Not to mention credibility - he'd going to jail for lying, after all.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^MAGA!^^^^^ Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm not watching and don't care what he says. When they invited a guy recently convicted of and sentenced to prison for lying to Congress to testify before Congress, that's when I decided it wasn't worth watching.

This ^^^^^, in addition to what I already said.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here's the bottom line on the nonsense going on today:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post