SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Enough Already....This Farce has go on Way too Long! While I would LOVE to see a real 'trial' in the Senate so that the facts (and truth's) of this coup attempt would be aired for all to witness, the Left will never accept it, nor change their view. And while those in the center (the 'Independents' that, for whatever reason don't know what side their on), may be swayed and/or enlightened, it won't accomplish anything.

As such, I believe the best course of action would be a 'Motion to Dismiss' followed by a Senate vote to confirm the result just so everyone knows who stands where....And then on to important things like ensuring ALL of those voting against the measure (and our Glorious President Donald J Trump!) are voted out of office, hopefully NEVER to return to ANY elected position of power, anywhere!

ETA - May the prosecution of the REAL Criminals involved in this coup (by the adults at DOJ) begin Post Haste! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the problem is that even if this one goes away, they'll just start up again with something new in January

unless positive action is taken to deal with the coup leaders so that NO ONE EVER WANTS TO DO IT AGAIN, this is now the new norm that we will have to deal with

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Republican led senate should treat the impeachment with the most contempt and disrespect possible. Treat it as it deserves.

Do not give it the slightest characteristic of being reasonable. Let it go down in history as a DEM disgrace and a radical attempt to over turn the 2016 election. Show it for what it is:

Alexandria Cortez: "This is about preventing a potentially disastrous event from occurring next year"

Absolutely minimize any more DEM air time criticizing the President. (recognizing they will not stop)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
President Trump himself, whose political instincts are near genius, wants such a trial.
Man, do me a favor and stop telling me about Donald Trump's "political instincts". Here's an undeniable truth for you- Donald Trump wants to scrap, each and every time the opportunity arises, politics or no. He's always been like this. Politics have nothing to do with it. Donald Trump is confrontational and never avoids a fight. So, naturally- and especially in these circumstances- he wants a fight. Do you honestly think for one second that he would want otherwise? So, it's a given. End of story.

But, that does not mean that that is what would be best for this nation.
quote:
You might disagree, and think it's best to just end this travesty, but the argument to bring it to a trial in the Senate and call Nadler, Schiff, and the Bidens as witnesses, is a good argument, deserving of respectful consideration rather than insult and mockery.
Joe Biden has already flatly stated that he is not going to testify. How are you going to compel a former VP and the current leading Dem candidate for the Presidency to testify? Come on.

Stop trying to convince me that any of this is a good idea or that it would even go how you have envision it, because you can't, and it wouldn't. Enough. Just allow me the privilege of having my own Goddamned opinion, please.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"Stop trying to convince me that any of this is a good idea or that it would even go how you have envision it, because you can't, and it wouldn't. Enough. Just allow me the privilege of having my own Goddamned opinion, please."

I'm not trying to convince you of anything at all. I am talking, objectively, about the best course of action at this point. As I've done so, you have told me that I'm "wearing a tin foil hat," that I am "dreaming," and implied that what I and others have said is absolutely ridiculous. That is what I am responding to.

You might disagree-- and I don't care whether you agree with me or not-- but it is in my view and the view of others, including the president himself, the necessary course of action if this crap is not to happen over and over and over-- as the Democrats have assured us it will. Those who want this to just end are naive if they don't realise that unless the Democrats pay a steep price, this will go on and on.

That is my own goddamn opinion, if I can be allowed the privilege.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Any harm that is being brought to this country because of this farce was brought on by the Democrats.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough. Stop it right now. I do not run this place so that I can bandy words with someone whose feelings are hurt. This is pointless. Just drop it.
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
That is my own goddamn opinion, if I can be allowed the privilege.
That's EXACTLY what it is- a privilege. Or, do you think I owe it to you to take shit from you in my own house? Huh? What do I owe you? Stop it.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's EXACTLY what it is- a privilege. Or, do you think I owe it to you to take shit from you in my own house? Huh? What do I owe you?

Absolutely nothing.

Of course you can ban me.

But neither do I have to silently take insult and mockery in what should be a rational exchange of ideas.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moderated Status, seven days. You're going to stop this yammering whether you like it or not. This is not a classroom and you are NOT in charge here.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The leftists are just going to double down with each defeat. If this impeachment fails they have another tee'd up and another after that. After all, "by any means" is their new slogan.
I'm not politically savvy enough o know if the Senate putting on a big show and exonerating Trump will make any dent in their plans but I'm pretty sure the voters in 2020 and 2022 will have a say.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Donald Trump said Friday that his administration had agreed to cancel a new round of tariffs on Chinese goods as part of 'phase one' of a broad trade deal, but insisted that earlier import taxes will remain in force.

In a press conference minutes earlier, however, China's State Council said it expected all U.S. tariffs on Chinese products to be phased out in stages.

Trump tweeted that '[t]he 25% Tariffs will remain as is, with 7 1/2% put on much of the remainder.'

'The Penalty Tariffs set for December 15th will not be charged,' however, 'because of the fact that we made the deal. We will begin negotiations on the Phase Two Deal immediately, rather than waiting until after the 2020 Election.' …”

https://mol.im/a/7789879

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This travesty the demoncrats have started will be over soon and then Barr can continue his quest to drain the swamp a little more.

I promise you there is much hand wringing going on among demoncrats that are in tight races next year. I guarantee you they want this over also.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the problem is that even if this one goes away, they'll just start up again with something new in January

unless positive action is taken to deal with the coup leaders so that NO ONE EVER WANTS TO DO IT AGAIN, this is now the new norm that we will have to deal with

I kind of feel the same.
The Democrat party is already on record that they will impeach him again if Trump is re elected.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Well years even decades of no push back much less a fight against the chicanery the democrats always seem to deal in has what got us to this point.

This may be the time to stop turning our backs and walking away and instead grab them by the throat and push them to the wall. Make them pay a public humiliating political defeat and it may just be a deterrent to whatever they have lined up next.

There are hundreds of pajama boys like the whistle blower Eric Ciarmella out there in the inner workings of the government. Dragging him into the light under oath with the penalty of perjury hanging over him would be a good notice to others who may be so inclined to do something of the same. These people are cowards and only do these things with the guarantee from the coniving Democrats they will be protected and no one even has to know who they are.

Would it develop exactly like this no one knows with certainty but what we've been doing hasn't worked. We need to take a different approach sometime it may as well be now.

We finally have a President who wants to fight. Lets fight with him!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's likely forlorn, but I'm still praying that the vote somehow fails in the House.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Well years even decades of no push back much less a fight against the chicanery the democrats always seem to deal in has what got us to this point.

This may be the time to stop turning our backs and walking away and instead grab them by the throat and push them to the wall. Make them pay a public humiliating political defeat and it may just be a deterrent to whatever they have lined up next.

There are hundreds of pajama boys like the whistle blower Eric Ciarmella out there in the inner workings of the government. Dragging him into the light under oath with the penalty of perjury hanging over him would be a good notice to others who may be so inclined to do something of the same. These people are cowards and only do these things with the guarantee from the coniving Democrats they will be protected and no one even has to know who they are.

We finally have a President who wants to fight. Lets fight with him!

I read a book about 10 years ago called “Sabotage” which is about the enemies of the US that are in the CIA. Same goes for the state department. A lot of liberal academics in there that also hate America.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Hank "Guam might tip over" Johnson is in favor of impeaching Trump because.....He's tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...daI&feature=youtu.be

What in the fresh Hell is going on with his throat there? I'm not banging on his appearance, I'm genuinely bewildered and distracted. It that a wad of toilet paper from a shaving cut, or did he miss an entire patch of gobbler beard there?

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The Dems have painted themselves into a corner. They have to see this charade through.

I agree with you and Para. This isn't helping the country at all and I wish it would just be over so we can move on. But yes, it was my assumption that once they announced articles of impeachment that they would go forward with it. It's so stupid, but we're strapped in and the fuse is lit, so I guess it's just time to hang on and see where we end up when this rocket runs out of fuel.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Hank "Guam might tip over" Johnson is in favor of impeaching Trump because.....He's tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...daI&feature=youtu.be

What in the fresh Hell is going on with his throat there? I'm not banging on his appearance, I'm genuinely bewildered and distracted. It that a wad of toilet paper from a shaving cut, or did he miss an entire patch of gobbler beard there?

Is it a bandage? Probably from repeated jabs with a fork because he’s too dumb to find his mouth.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I just watched it again and noticed the guy sitting next to him give an audbile yawn at 1:10. Big Grin

I also noticed he stumbled over "quid pro quo" and decided to not even attempt to get it right after he bungled it the first time.

Something about Al Green and a bag of hammers.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Is it a bandage? Probably from repeated jabs with a fork because he’s too dumb to find his mouth.

LOL Big Grin

And he's a duly elected representative of the people that we haven't 'peached. Big Grin

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I agree with you and Para. This isn't helping the country at all and I wish it would just be over so we can move on.

Unfortunately, it seems the left is incapable of moving on, save to the next attempt to unseat our democratically elected President.

What sad, sad little people they are Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post