SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
When Kasich goes on TV and says Trump is what the founders warned us against, does anyone know what he is talking about?

I am serious. Anyone have a specific clue from the US Constitution or a founder debate or warning from the founders?

Or, is Never-Trump just pontificating from its wishful thinking again?

Even Kasich doesn't know what he is talking about.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The Rageaholic: The Impeachment Impeaches Itself - A Rant.........really NSFW, small children, and woke snowflakes:

He has some good ones on Beto.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Comey has been awful quiet as of late at least I haven't noticed any of his tweets or him being on any news programs spouting his garbage lately. He was everywhere running his mouth every single day not that long ago.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Now that's an impeachment I can get behind.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
"Romney, who was elected to the Senate last year, faced the highest disapproval rating of Utah's congressional delegation, according to a poll taken in July."

Article

Unfortunately, as the article states, there is no current method to recall a Senator in Utah.

Perhaps one can be passed by the state...

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Maybe they could use the right and good clause of the state constitution. Or, as Romney seems to want for the president, just make up fresh rules as they strive toward his ouster.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe they could use the right and good clause of the state constitution. Or, as Romney seems to want for the president, just make up fresh rules as they strive toward his ouster.

Federal elective office governed by US Constitution; various State Constitutions are not applicable and can not be used for removal.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you want to be informed about this Ukraine mess, better than 95% of the American public?

Take 40 minutes and watch this. This is today's episode of Life, Liberty & Levin, with Mark Levin talking with Peter Schweizer. Forty minutes and no commercials. If you don't want to invest this scant amount of time, at least watch between 24:30 and 25:50 and listen to what Peter Schweizer says. He distills down to its essence the reason why Donald Trump is so hated in Washington, but, really, do yourself a favor and watch the entire episode:

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, very worthwhile. I just finished watching it on FNC. Moreover, I just forwarded Para's video link to my entire family and implored them to watch it. Most of them are on the right side and support Trump, but outside of my father, none of them stay at all informed on this stuff. I hope they watch it.

The President was watching.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:

Federal elective office governed by US Constitution; various State Constitutions are not applicable and can not be used for removal.

I was talking about Romney in Utah and the posts immediately preceding mine. Big Grin

It was a play on the time when a brain dead Democrat averred that there was a "good and right" clause in the federal constitution. No such clause. Nonetheless, the nitwit asserted the clause anyway as justification for his actions.

Likewise, there's no such clause in the Utah state constitution.

I believe if Romney is gonna act like a Democrat, he should suffer what they dish.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Trump is correct- Romney is a pompous ass who didn't know how to win against Obama. I'm quite certain that Mitt Romney hates Donald Trump as much as is possible. Don't forget, President Trump humiliated Romney by dangling a cabinet position in his face, and it's crystal clear to me that Donald Trump was simply twisting the steel in this phony bastard and never actually considered Romney for his cabinet. And I am certain that Romney now knows this and because of this, Romney will seize upon each and every opportunity to oppose and criticize Donald Trump.

Well, guess what, Mitt? Donald Trump is President of the United States and you are not and you will never be POTUS. You had your shot, but you're a weak sister. You've only yourself to blame for your failure to fight hard enough to win. If you had taken the Trump approach in your 2012 campaign, you might have stood a chance, but oh, not you, you stuffed shirt. You're too "dignified" to take off the gloves- that is, unless it's with a sitting POTUS of your own party. Disgusting, phony sack of shit.

I hope President Trump personally invites you to his inauguration in January of 2021, little girl.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
It’s too bad that Mormons tend to be so hive minded, otherwise Mittens would only be a memory.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is good. Barr is involved because of the seriousness of this.

quote:
Prager: the left is not used to being investigated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXg93vRQIY

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just posting the video for you, braillediver...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Do you want to be informed about this Ukraine mess, better than 95% of the American public?

Take 40 minutes and watch this. This is today's episode of Life, Liberty & Levin, with Mark Levin talking with Peter Schweizer. Forty minutes and no commercials. If you don't want to invest this scant amount of time, at least watch between 24:30 and 25:50 and listen to what Peter Schweizer says. He distills down to its essence the reason why Donald Trump is so hated in Washington, but, really, do yourself a favor and watch the entire episode:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rv4QTdzrlUw" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I remember when Bill Clinton sold out the country by giving the Chinese the technology to launch satellites into space,which could also be used to launch nuclear weapons into the United States. His justification was that it would help U.S. Communications companies get satellites into space cheaper.Then the millions starting pouring into the DNC from the Chinese.I always thought it was a treasonous act and the bastard should have been hanged.

The Republicans did nothing about it,NOTHING. After watching this video it is pretty clear that the Congress has been corrupt for many years. Donald Trump is not playing their game and he has been under constant attack since winning the election.

This Government is so corrupt.How can it be fixed?

No wonder our founders wanted a Federal Government with very limited powers. We have strayed far from what we were set up to be.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rv4QTdzrlUw" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
This video has been removed by the user? Is their another link to watch this?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice CNN has been running a pseudo documentary about president Nixon entitled "Tricky Dick" back to back tonight. I'm sure this is nothing but a coincidence. Roll Eyes Yeah, these people are a 'real' news agency.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Substantive Due Process And The Broken Process

The whole “impeachment” effort seems unconstitutional me. There is a US Supreme Court doctrine termed “Substantive Due Process” that seems applicable at this time.

Without going into the weeds, the doctrine has been used to say that government processes, though followed in a procedural sense, are unconstitutional if they’re deemed unfair nonetheless.

One legal source, Cornell.edu, states the doctrine, as born of the “Due process” clause, as follows:

The clause also promises that before depriving a citizen of life, liberty or property, government must follow fair procedures. Thus, it is not always enough for the government just to act in accordance with whatever law there may happen to be. Citizens may also be entitled to have the government observe or offer fair procedures, whether or not those procedures have been provided for in the law on the basis of which it is acting. Action denying the process that is “due” would be unconstitutional.LINK

So we hear of this “investigation” that appears to be a partisan secretly pre-planned effort to deprive us of our president. And, in this “investigation” Kevin McCarthy tells us that Republicans are frozen out and that the president is not afforded the right to defend himself. And, we’re led to believe that the Constitution is supposed to suffer this as what the founders intended as fair? I don’t think so.

Furthermore, an impeachment investigation has as its purpose to inform the House members on all sides of the facts on which they are expected to vote. If the full facts are not allowed to be adduced, how could informed voting possibly happen? It can’t.

If the current process is so stilted that it can’t produce the full facts through its Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler and Cummings procedures, how can House members be expected to do their duty under the US Constitution? They can’t.

With the founders vesting so much power as a House responsibility, it’s hard to conceive of the current procedure as what they intended.

In the aftermath of the Salem Witch trials, people lost faith in the clergy. Many historians attribute that to the rank and file feeling that the clergy started a fire that they were feckless to stop.

For the strictest of constitutional constructionists among us, like Justice Thomas, the essence of substantive due process receives a jaundice eye. But, if there ever was a time to consider its use to stop the madness, it is now.

It’s time for statesman in the Congress, the executive branch and the Judiciary to step up.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
This is the Fox News link to Levin’s show, which first aired 9/29. This is the full episode with Peter Schweitzer. However, you may have to sign in to a cable service to watch it.

Link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post