SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just sent a note of thanks and encouragement to our President. I do hope that he does somehow hear about it(them). I come to SF to make sure that my mind is straight on the issues, and that I don't have any weak moments over the multitude of issues being thrown at our President. I don't know how he can handle all of the shit thrown at him, but he does it in SPADES!!! Thank you Mr. President!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
nhtagmember:

Insurrection, you say, then. Then what?

Our system works on the people abiding by certain thoughts like suck it up when your interest does not get its way.

At some point, perhaps, the Laffer Curve may apply to more things than the voluntary tax system.

Just what do you think the people should do if they take it upon themselves?

Then, where does that leave the rule of law?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
justice delayed is justice denied
Dang, that's catchy!

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
several bloggers pointed out the date of the "complaint"

The date is 12 Aug 2019

It is addressed to Adam Schiff and Senator Richard Burr

So it would appear Schiff has had the complaint for a while. I wonder how the complaint was delivered. mail ? or by hand ?

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So tell me again why this spy's name has not been released? Everything I am seeing says that second and thirdhand info does not qualify for "whistleblower" status. So he has no legal protection from being named. On the other hand Trump absolutely has a legal right to face his accuser. Or has the law been suspended again because ORANGE MAN BAD?

If the American people are being forced by the left to endure the attempted removal of a duly elected president we dam sure deserve to know who got the ball rolling. Or is he just going to be allowed to wear an NPC mask at the congressional hearings?

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The date is 12 Aug 2019

So it would appear Schiff has had the complaint for a while. I wonder how the complaint was delivered. mail ? or by hand ?

And it is unfounded IAW that procedure.

https://www.justice.gov/olc/op...telligence-community

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So tell me again why this spy's name has not been released? Everything I am seeing says that second and thirdhand info does not qualify for "whistleblower" status. So he has no legal protection from being named. On the other hand Trump absolutely has a legal right to face his accuser.

I agree totally. This is not a bona fide "whistleblower." But, the person couched the complaint in the whistleblower statute to invoke those procedures and protections.

The DNI was a lamb sent to slaughter because he is politically inexperienced in the deceptive political arts.

The Dems got him to jump to all kinds of legal conclusions that were beyond his knowledge.

For example, he stated that this was a credible, bona fide whistleblower. The DNI doesn't know that.

Indeed, CNN was quick to announe the following in the first lines of its reporting:

"America's top spy broke with Donald Trump and his Republican supporters Thursday, defending a whistleblower and intelligence committee watchdog who exposed contacts with Ukraine that could help lead to the President's impeachment." LINK

This was a set up and the DNI was used and abused to get facts without legitimately establishing those facts.

If you stand in your garage, it doesn't make you a car.

Likewise, if you wrap yourself in whistleblower paperwork, it doesn't make you a whistleblower.

See Bama's post below for better information about the secret amendment of the definition that's just come to light.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

The date is 12 Aug 2019

And it is unfounded IAW that procedure.

Schiff and Burr probably had the guy up to their office that day and wrote it at that time.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:

The date is 12 Aug 2019

Guess what?

The intelligence community secretly eliminated a requirement that whistleblower complaints contain only direct, first-hand knowledge of wrongdoing allegations.

A new version of the complaint form allowing hearsay was secretly revised last month, and the new form was uploaded just a couple of days before the Trump complaint was declassified and released.

https://thefederalist.com/2019...tleblower-knowledge/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The document referenced in sigmonkey's post above is from the Office of Legal Counsel.

That doc very clearly states the complaint is not defined by law as "urgent concern". The Intel IG was arguing otherwise.

The OLC doc said the complaint should have been sent to DoJ for any further consideration. But not to the congressional intelligence committees.

There are some serious violations of procedure and law here to once again attack President Trump.

I don't fear Russian interference, but I am very fearful of CIA and FBI interference in our election process . Sad to say.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like the intelligence community is in on ousting Trump.

It's time for a Patriot to leak the name to the media. Give the left a bit of their medicine.

The Deep state is doing everything in their power to get rid of Trump. Time to start declassifying Spygate documents by the TRUCKLOAD.

And time for Barr to make a move. It's go time AG, what have you got?

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Jeezus Christmas!! What kind of Banana Republic is being created here???? That's just absolutely ASTOUNDING and VERY troublesome that AG Barr (if it's even in his perview) would allow that to happen...[JSMH] Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Bama,

That is a stunning revelation. Good reporting, there.

Is this like adding a tax return requirement just to go after Trump?

Secret revision of the rules but within our current intelligence community?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CTH has raised suspicions about Intel IG Atkinson (that he is anti-Trump).

I was hesitant to buy into that, but the last few posts are mind blowing. The conspiracy to bring down President Trump is still going strong in the intel community.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
And my next question is where is the Senate Judiciary committee? (or anyone in the senate) The house has already sent out a bunch of subpoenas with contempt threats (Mike Pompeo, etc).

Graham talks a good game about "getting to the bottom" of things but I do not see any action.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
How can ANY of these people, attempting to (literally) overthrow President Trump's LEGAL election to office, NOT be charged with SEDITION??? How much plainer must it be for action to be taken?? Very, VERY frustrating... Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So the CIA is actively trying to overthrow the duly elected President of a Country?

What's surprising about this-The Coup never stopped or ended.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
So the CIA is actively trying to overthrow the duly elected President of a Country?

What's surprising about this-The Coup never stopped or ended.

Apparently.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Timeline:

July 25 - call

August 12 - agent/operative sends letter to committee

Unknown date in August the form is changed to allow 2nd hand hearsay in complaints

August 28 - Schiff tweets about Trump withholding aid while trying to get Ukraine to investigate his 'political opponent'.

September 18 - WaPo publishes article about call based on anonymous sources

The question has been raised that the complaint was most likely written by an attorney, it is not the typical complaint and the wording appears to be from an attorney. So a possible scenario is that the operative/agent hears from someone in the WH that they could really use that call against the president, so the agent goes to Schiff and tells him about it. Schiff tells him that he can't use the information unless the agent makes a formal complaint. The agent tells him that you can't make a complaint using hearsay or second hand knowledge. Schiff gets them to change the form to allow hearsay and has his lawyers help the agent file the complaint knowing that the IG will have to forward it to the committee. The WaPo publishes anonymous article on Sep 18th and the ball starts rolling. It was said early on that the intelligence community would be coming after Trump.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post