SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Key House panel faces pivotal week on Trump
BY MIKE LILLIS AND SCOTT WONG - 06/03/19 06:00 AM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/homenews/h...ivotal-week-on-trump

Jerry Nadler and his lynch mob are getting frustrated by delays ... Big Grin

"“Obviously people are frustrated that we haven’t moved faster. And, frankly, I'm frustrated because we have been held up by the unprecedented action by the White House to deny our witnesses,” Nadler said Friday in a radio interview on WNYC. “And we can only go so far, until we win in court, to get those witnesses.”

Democrats’ court battles with the Trump administration, Nadler added, should wrap up “hopefully in September, October.”

Yet many Democrats don’t want to wait that long. More than 40 lawmakers are already endorsing the immediate launch of an impeachment inquiry — a campaign Pelosi has sought to defuse — and even those supporting party leaders in their investigative approach are reaching the end of their ropes." .....

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Our President has a new look. I like it! Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Looks better than the fluffed up look.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Dershowitz: Supreme Court could overrule an unconstitutional impeachment
BY ALAN DERSHOWITZ, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 05/31/19 04:08 PM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/opinion/wh...tutional-impeachment

===========================================

....... " Two former, well-respected justices of the Supreme Court first suggested that the judiciary may indeed have a role in reining in Congress were it to exceed its constitutional authority. Justice Byron White, a John F. Kennedy appointee, put it this way: “Finally, as applied to the special case of the President, the majority argument merely points out that, were the Senate to convict the President without any kind of trial, a Constitutional crisis might well result. It hardly follows that the Court ought to refrain from upholding the Constitution in all impeachment cases. Nor does it follow that, in cases of presidential impeachment, the Justices ought to abandon their constitutional responsibility because the Senate has precipitated a crisis.”

Justice David Souter, a George H. W. Bush appointee, echoed his predecessor: “If the Senate were to act in a manner seriously threatening the integrity of its results … judicial interference might well be appropriate.” .........

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe he has finally turned the ship into the wind and is preparing to attack Smile

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

Maybe he has finally turned the ship into the wind and is preparing to attack Smile

Most importantly to me, he went up front and allowed the pastor to pray with him and for him. I have watched this man change inside over the past 3-4 years and it is thrilling to see.

https://www.christianpost.com/...-church-service.html

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Why do these shitheads ALWAYS have to find something to nitpick this guy on? On his trip to the UK he looks very Presidential and Melania looks so elegant and beautiful and all they want to talk about is his awkward handshake with Queen Elizabeth. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, not surprising in the least, Mexico has deicided that it should probably start some talks on immigration in Washington

apparently they like the trade and the lower barriers much more than they like picking up the trash the hordes of migrants leave behind

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Groan. Time to start emailing and writing again. Not that I have had a long break.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, good. Public hand-wringing and predictions of the worst.

Perfect. Let's have some more of that stuff. Don't be shy. Extra doom, please.

A note on the 2020 Presidential Election

Ignore Bob and emulate Bill.

And in case you hadn't noticed, silencers are restricted.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just concern, as I currently have 8 cans in form 4 limbo.

Cans are a nfa item as most of us should know. Changing that would require Congress and the president's approval. A vibrant email campaign may help.

Look, I am far from a single issue guy. My life will not go to hell over this. President Trump vs any dem twat is the only way i plan on voting. I don't care if they drag Kennedy out of the grave and have him run with Reagan on a platform of handing free machineguns out. I do think a loud voice covering the topics i have concerns or skin in the game is a solid way to be a constituent.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you be sure to keep track of all the things President Trump says he doesn't like.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 6/3/19

Description

INTERVIEW – JOE DIGENOVA – legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

Mark Warner says Barr has “little credibility” to review origins of Russia probe. Virginia Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat in the Senate Intelligence Committee, questioned Attorney General’s William Barr credibility to oversee a Justice Department probe into the origins of the Russia investigation, accusing him of acting like President Trump’s “personal advocate.” “Mr. Barr has very little credibility with me and I think the vast majority of, candidly, not just Democrats, but many Americans because he time and again is not acting as our attorney general, but as a personal advocate for Donald Trump,” Warner said on “Face the Nation” Sunday.
William Barr Blasts Media For Ignoring Surveillance Against Trump Campaign. (Daily Caller) — Attorney General William Barr accused the media in a new interview of being uninterested in finding out about the origins of the Trump-Russia probe, and of shirking their duty as watchdogs for the public. “Normally the media would be interested in letting the sunshine in and finding out what the truth is,” Barr said in an interview with CBS News. “And usually the media doesn’t care that much about protecting intelligence sources and methods. But I do and I will.” Barr was discussing his plans for declassification of documents related to the surveillance activities against the Trump campaign during the Russia investigation.
Schiff: Mueller Still Needs To Testify

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Democrats are over playing their hand ?

https://www.politico.com/story...or-next-week-1352442

The House will vote next week to hold Attorney General William Barr and former White House counsel Don McGahn in contempt of Congress for defying congressional subpoenas, according to multiple Democratic sources.

The resolution would clear the way for the House Judiciary Committee to take Barr and McGahn to court to enforce their subpoenas and are a crucial step for Democrats seeking to accelerate their obstruction of justice investigation against President Donald Trump.

"This Administration’s systematic refusal to provide Congress with answers and cooperate with Congressional subpoenas is the biggest cover-up in American history, and Congress has a responsibility to provide oversight on behalf of the American people,” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said in a statement.

Barr has failed to comply with a subpoena for special counsel Robert Mueller's fully unredacted report and underlying evidence; McGahn balked at a subpoena to testify before the House Judiciary Committee.

The vote, which will take place on June 11, will also include broad authority for congressional committees to take legal action against the Trump administration in future subpoena fights, the Democratic sources say.

The vote, supported by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Hoyer and other top members of House leadership, will authorize the House to hold the two men in civil contempt. Democrats will forgo an effort to hold them in criminal contempt, which Democratic sources described as an empty gesture because Barr in particular would never face charges from his own Justice Department.

We really need to take back the House

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
How can Barr be held in contempt for refusing to break the law?

He needs to start fighting back. PLENTY could be done to put a little fear in the left. Real fear, not all this empty “oh boy they’re gonna get it now!” BS the talking heads keep spewing.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

Most importantly to me, he went up front and allowed the pastor to pray with him and for him. I have watched this man change inside over the past 3-4 years and it is thrilling to see.

https://www.christianpost.com/...-church-service.html

IMG]

I am no fan of McLean Bible, it's more of a business than a church. Lon Solomon's annoying commercials and Fairfax County's Finest directing/blocking traffic for them is also super annoying. Not sure why any church needs to spend that kind of money on advertisements and their buildings.

/thread drift

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
with all the crap going on in Congress, can't Barr start charging some of those politicians with conspiracy?

that might shut them up for awhile where they figure out how their coup failed

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, you be sure to keep track of all the things President Trump says he doesn't like.

I think you and what our mod over at calguns said is spot on...

“It's an offhanded comment by Trump not a move to make policy.

It's also an attempt to use his offhanded statement to generate fear and raise funds based on that fear...

This offhanded comment while boarding a chopper which will (would have) gone nowhere, except...

Now some hyper-reactive gun owners are going to flood social media in a panic spurred on by fundraising ads like this (FPC) about how 'Trump is going to ban suppressors!!'

Some media twit will notice, make a big stink about 'silencers' because if gun owners are against it the media has to support it and then we WILL have to deal with stupid proposed policies on suppressors.

But hey, by then those donations will be in the bank so it's all good right?“

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump visits a local church and asks to be prayed over not only for himself but for also for our other leaders of the USA. God Bless !!!

Prayers for the President

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Judge tosses House Dems' lawsuit over Trump's use of emergency military funds for border wall

Fox News > https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ry-funds-border-wall
==============================================
....... " Trump had declared a national emergency this past February over the humanitarian crisis at the southern border, following Congress' failure to fund his border wall legislatively. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and House Democrats then filed suit in April, charging that Trump was "stealing from appropriated funds” by moving $6.7 billion from other projects toward border wall construction.

Democrats argued that the White House had "flouted the fundamental separation-of-powers principles and usurped for itself legislative power specifically vested by the Constitution in Congress."

But, in his ruling, McFadden, a Trump appointee, suggested Democrats were trying to circumvent the political process.

"This case presents a close question about the appropriate role of the Judiciary in resolving disputes between the other two branches of the Federal Government. To be clear, the court does not imply that Congress may never sue the Executive to protect its powers," McFadden wrote in his opinion. "The Court declines to take sides in this fight between the House and the President." ......