SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Tom Fitton: Robert Mueller needs to be investigated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxZm9MvGUkg

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Thanks...the real true news is on Lou Dobbs.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I liked this insight on the treatment Hillary got in her investigation vs. the treatment Trump got. From Ace of Spades blog:

"So, Mueller pulled a Comey. You all remember Comey's infamous statement to the press that went like this, "Yeah, Hillary is probably guilty of all kinds of sh* that would land anyone else behind bars in a Federal PMITA prison, but I'm not going to recommend prosecution." And then he invented a whole new legal standard out of thin air: it was because they couldn't prove that she had 'criminal intent' when she did her illegal activities. This lame excuse had legal analysts from coast to coast scratching their heads. Fast forward to Mueller's statement to the press. He said that that Trump wasn't exonerated because they couldn't prove he didn't do things to collude or obstruct justice. Like Comey, Mueller just pulled a whole new legal standard right out of his a$$. If you're Hillary, they have to be able to prove you intended to break the law and you knew you were breaking it before a guilty verdict could ever be considered. And if you're Donald Trump, you're guilty until proven innocent. Again, these are new legal standards, never seen before, and what relates them to each other is that both were invented so the corrupt left can get what it wants. They cloak themselves in a veneer of legitimacy to disguise their grab for power. That's why, when they write books, the usually manage to work in words such as 'truth' or 'higher' or 'duty' or 'loyalty' in the title. As if their lofty intentions are all so noble and pure. But it's all a sham. I'd sooner trust a Scientology affidavit than believe any of these progressive corruptocrats are telling the truth about anything."

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The full transcript of AG Barr interview w CBS

good read

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/w...xclusive-2019-05-31/

snips:

Barr talking about what was done in 2016 to counter Russian election interference:
“Surely the response should have been more than just, you know, dangling a confidential informant in front of a peripheral player in the Trump Campaign.”

“one of the things here is that these efforts in 2016, these counter-intelligence activities that were directed at the Trump Campaign, were not done in the normal course and not through the normal procedures as a far as I can tell.”

"republics have fallen because of Praetorian Guard mentality where government officials get very arrogant, they identify the national interest with their own political preferences and they feel that anyone who has a different opinion, you know, is somehow an enemy of the state. And you know, there is that tendency that they know better and that, you know, they're there to protect as guardians of the people. That can easily translate into essentially supervening the will of the majority and getting your own way as a government official."

JAN CRAWFORD: And you are concerned that that may have happened in 2016?

WILLIAM BARR: Well, I just think it has to be carefully look at because the use of foreign intelligence capabilities and counterintelligence capabilities against an American political campaign to me is unprecedented and it's a serious red line that's been crossed.

JAN CRAWFORD: You- I guess when you said that there were things done that were not the typical run of business, ad hoc, small group, it's not how these counterintelligence operations normally work. I think that maybe Comey and others might say well this was such an extraordinary thing we had to keep it so closely held. So we had to do it differently what's your response to that? Is that legit?

WILLIAM BARR: Well it might be legit under certain circumstances but a lot of that has to do with how good the evidence was at that point. And you know Mueller has spent two and half years and the fact is there is no evidence of a conspiracy. So it was bogus, this whole idea that the Trump was in cahoots with the Russians is bogus

WILLIAM BARR: I'd rather, in many ways, I'd rather be back to my old life but I think that I love the Department of Justice, I love the FBI, I think it's important that we not, in this period of intense partisan feeling, destroy our institutions. I think one of the ironies today is that people are saying that it's President Trump that's shredding our institutions. I really see no evidence of that, it is hard, and I really haven't seen bill of particulars as to how that's being done.

From my perspective the idea of resisting a democratically elected president and basically throwing everything at him and you know, really changing the norms on the grounds that we have to stop this president, that is where the shredding of our norms and our institutions is occurring.

JAN CRAWFORD: And you think that happened even with the investigation into the campaign, potentially?

WILLIAM BARR: I am concerned about that.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that transcript. The most important parts were not shown on FNC as far as I could tell.
I like where he stands, what concerns him, and what he intends to do about it.
And it’s all very calm and professional. Deadly.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The full transcript of AG Barr interview w CBS

good read

Looking like we might see handcuffs Smile Smile

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I liked this insight on the treatment Hillary got in her investigation vs. the treatment Trump got. From Ace of Spades blog:

"So, Mueller pulled a Comey. You all remember Comey's infamous statement to the press that went like this, "Yeah, Hillary is probably guilty of all kinds of sh* that would land anyone else behind bars in a Federal PMITA prison, but I'm not going to recommend prosecution." And then he invented a whole new legal standard out of thin air: it was because they couldn't prove that she had 'criminal intent' when she did her illegal activities. This lame excuse had legal analysts from coast to coast scratching their heads. ... If you're Hillary, they have to be able to prove you intended to break the law and you knew you were breaking it before a guilty verdict could ever be considered.
The law about mishandling classified information definitely does NOT have any wording that requires "intent" in order to convict. Inadvertent release (just leaving a piece on a desk is enough) is just as bad as intentionally giving it to someone. It doesn't even matter if anyone else saw it--just leaving it exposed is sufficient for conviction. I know, because I served in USAF for 20 years and had to handle classified documents all through my career. There was never any question about proper handling and storage, or the consequences of not doing it right.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6043407451001/#sp=show-clips

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...51001/#sp=show-clips

posted Hide Post
41, very inspiring to have a president with a spine, can’t be bought and is the farthest thing from a politician. It’s been a lifetime!!

God keep you President Trump!! USA # 1!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
North Korea executes 5 officials over failed Kim-Trump summit: South Korean media
What took so long? Jeesh, next thing you know they will be giving them 3 squares, a cot, cable TV, opportunity to earn a college degree, etc.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
This should be carved in stone when the memorial to AG Barr is made:

AG Brr 5/31/2019 CBS Interview:

quote:
"Republics have fallen because of Praetorian Guard mentality where government officials get very arrogant, they identify the national interest with their own political preferences and they feel that anyone who has a different opinion, you know, is somehow an enemy of the state. And you know, there is that tendency that they know better and that, you know, they're there to protect as guardians of the people. That can easily translate into essentially supervening the will of the majority and getting your own way as a government official."

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
saw this in a blog comment about the Mueller report:

"We figured out this guy didn't steal the horse, but he sure is guilty of being pissed that we tried to hang him for it"

That actually fits very well on many of Mueller's Volume 2 "examples" of "obstruction"

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Democrats can't impeach the man for being mean to them

Sure they can.

It is nothing more than a simple majority vote.

Of course, it will go nowhere, but they could most certainly impeach him.

Then, we'll have the first American President re-elected after being impeached.

No Bill Clinton was the first, but he was actually guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors.

And NOTHING happened.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
WILLIAM BARR: Well it might be legit under certain circumstances but a lot of that has to do with how good the evidence was at that point. And you know Mueller has spent two and half years and the fact is there is no evidence of a conspiracy. So it was bogus, this whole idea that the Trump was in cahoots with the Russians is bogus

WILLIAM BARR: I'd rather, in many ways, I'd rather be back to my old life but I think that I love the Department of Justice, I love the FBI, I think it's important that we not, in this period of intense partisan feeling, destroy our institutions. I think one of the ironies today is that people are saying that it's President Trump that's shredding our institutions. I really see no evidence of that, it is hard, and I really haven't seen bill of particulars as to how that's being done.

From my perspective the idea of resisting a democratically elected president and basically throwing everything at him and you know, really changing the norms on the grounds that we have to stop this president, that is where the shredding of our norms and our institutions is occurring.

This man is a patriot. God Bless WILLIAM BARR. We finally have a real AG.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nothing happened to Clinton after he was impeached because he wasn’t convicted by the Senate. Although there are differences, impeachment by the House without subsequent conviction by the Senate is somewhat like being charged and tried for a crime, but being found not guilty by the jury. Nothing happens after being found not guilty or not being convicted by the Senate because there’s nothing else to happen.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I love the fact that the Dems aren’t running against Donald Trump this time. They’re running against President Donald Trump. He’ll always be the most experienced candidate in the room.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump tweet:

I will be announcing my Second Term Presidential Run with First Lady Melania, Vice President Mike Pence, and Second Lady Karen Pence on June 18th in Orlando, Florida, at the 20,000 seat Amway Center. Join us for this Historic Rally! Tickets:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/r...s/jun-orla-flor-2019

Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump tweet:

I will be announcing my Second Term Presidential Run with First Lady Melania, Vice President Mike Pence, and Second Lady Karen Pence on June 18th in Orlando, Florida, at the 20,000 seat Amway Center. Join us for this Historic Rally! Tickets:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/r...s/jun-orla-flor-2019

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

The guy who ran a false persecution of a U.S. president, with no justification, now wants facts.

I hope AG Barr sees this tweet.