SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Food from the Largest Gas Station >>>>>>>
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Food from the Largest Gas Station >>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
This food blogger tries out food from different places. He is currently in Texas and visits the Buc-ee's the Largest Gas Station in the USA and possibly the world and tries out their food. Texas you are blessed to have this place !!! Enjoy and God Bless !!! Smile

******* Fast Forward to about the 3 minute mark.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Can't say I've had anything bad at Bucees
Brisket tacos, jerky, good stuff.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15143 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yup, Buc-ees food is very edible.

If you take your date to Buc-ee's for dinner .... you might be a redneck. Smile

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
any sushi ?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
any sushi ?

Can't say I recall any sushi at Bucees.
But, our TX grocery chain HEB has surprisingly good sushi.

Posts: 15143 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We have two with a third under construction in GA

On a recent trip to NOLA, the wife and daughter had me drive an hour out of the way to visit the one near Mobile Roll Eyes

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've never even seen one.

That's probably a good thing.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Adairsville up 75 and Fort Valley 75 south

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

We made the mistake of stopping at the one in AL on I10 on a Friday afternoon. I've seen less traffic during Houston rush hour.
But, it's the only one east of Baytown on I10, so the hype keeps it busy.
The ones around Houston aren't nearly so bad.

posted Hide Post
They are building one several miles from my office. What we need are quality grocery stores. The locals are very excited, as if it were Christmas. Somehow eating at a gas station does not appeal to me. Each to his own.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

There’s one near Macon. I recall you are in Georgia but don’t recall where.

Great stop for stopping. Employees are friendly, lots of pumps and clean restrooms.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

We made the mistake of stopping at the one in AL on I10 on a Friday afternoon. I've seen less traffic during Houston rush hour.
But, it's the only one east of Baytown on I10, so the hype keeps it busy.
The ones around Houston aren't nearly so bad.

That one is something else. Took my folks 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot.

Posts: 11350 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of our local Kroger and Harris Teator's have someone making fresh sushi daily in the stores that are just as good as the ones from restaurants in my opinion. God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
any sushi ?

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
They are building one several miles from my office. What we need are quality grocery stores. The locals are very excited, as if it were Christmas. Somehow eating at a gas station does not appeal to me. Each to his own.

Come on Mikey, Try it, you will like it!

BBQ is very good, brisket is great, and it's always fresh due to the volume, their snacks, pastries are good, Jerky selection is amazing, and the shitter is never full...

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I visited family in Houston and the surrounding Hill Country, I'd make sure to stop at Buc-ee's. Definately grabbed a bunch garlic beef jerky and bring some home. BBQ sandwiches were fine for fast road food variety. Candy and drink selection was over-the-top. Wish there was a few on hwy-5 out here.

Posts: 14555 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good stuff

I really like the house brand rootbeer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There’s one near Calhoun, GA on I75. At $50 a pound for jerky, we passed. I got an $8 brisket sandwich and my youngest son got a $6 chicken sandwich; they were both just ok.

I have no need to stop again.

Posts: 10816 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love their Cheese Melt!

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Come on Mikey, Try it, you will like it!

BBQ is very good, brisket is great, and it's always fresh due to the volume, their snacks, pastries are good, Jerky selection is amazing, and the shitter is never ful

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Partly it is the anticipated ambience. Do they have country music blaring? I am not a snob but prefer sit down venues where they take reservations.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^No, but they scream something every time a brisket comes off the smoker.

Posts: 10816 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post