SIGforum
Food from the Largest Gas Station >>>>>>>

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3810062694

November 14, 2022, 10:42 AM
VBVAGUY
Food from the Largest Gas Station >>>>>>>
This food blogger tries out food from different places. He is currently in Texas and visits the Buc-ee's the Largest Gas Station in the USA and possibly the world and tries out their food. Texas you are blessed to have this place !!! Enjoy and God Bless !!! Smile

******* Fast Forward to about the 3 minute mark.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."
November 14, 2022, 10:45 AM
P250UA5
Can't say I've had anything bad at Bucees
Brisket tacos, jerky, good stuff.

The Enemy's gate is down.
November 14, 2022, 10:50 AM
smschulz
Yup, Buc-ees food is very edible.

If you take your date to Buc-ee's for dinner .... you might be a redneck. Smile
November 14, 2022, 10:55 AM
radioman
any sushi ?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
November 14, 2022, 11:02 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
any sushi ?

Can't say I recall any sushi at Bucees.
But, our TX grocery chain HEB has surprisingly good sushi.

November 14, 2022, 11:06 AM
BigSwede
We have two with a third under construction in GA

On a recent trip to NOLA, the wife and daughter had me drive an hour out of the way to visit the one near Mobile Roll Eyes

November 14, 2022, 11:10 AM
parabellum
I've never even seen one.

That's probably a good thing.
November 14, 2022, 11:12 AM
BigSwede
Adairsville up 75 and Fort Valley 75 south

November 14, 2022, 11:16 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

We made the mistake of stopping at the one in AL on I10 on a Friday afternoon. I've seen less traffic during Houston rush hour.
But, it's the only one east of Baytown on I10, so the hype keeps it busy.
The ones around Houston aren't nearly so bad.

November 14, 2022, 11:22 AM
ZSMICHAEL
They are building one several miles from my office. What we need are quality grocery stores. The locals are very excited, as if it were Christmas. Somehow eating at a gas station does not appeal to me. Each to his own.
November 14, 2022, 11:31 AM
Edmond
quote:

There’s one near Macon. I recall you are in Georgia but don’t recall where.

Great stop for stopping. Employees are friendly, lots of pumps and clean restrooms.

November 14, 2022, 11:32 AM
tigereye313
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

We made the mistake of stopping at the one in AL on I10 on a Friday afternoon. I've seen less traffic during Houston rush hour.
But, it's the only one east of Baytown on I10, so the hype keeps it busy.
The ones around Houston aren't nearly so bad.

That one is something else. Took my folks 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot.

November 14, 2022, 11:34 AM
VBVAGUY
All of our local Kroger and Harris Teator's have someone making fresh sushi daily in the stores that are just as good as the ones from restaurants in my opinion. God Bless Smile

quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
any sushi ?

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."
November 14, 2022, 11:43 AM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
They are building one several miles from my office. What we need are quality grocery stores. The locals are very excited, as if it were Christmas. Somehow eating at a gas station does not appeal to me. Each to his own.

Come on Mikey, Try it, you will like it!

BBQ is very good, brisket is great, and it's always fresh due to the volume, their snacks, pastries are good, Jerky selection is amazing, and the shitter is never full...

November 14, 2022, 11:45 AM
corsair
When I visited family in Houston and the surrounding Hill Country, I'd make sure to stop at Buc-ee's. Definately grabbed a bunch garlic beef jerky and bring some home. BBQ sandwiches were fine for fast road food variety. Candy and drink selection was over-the-top. Wish there was a few on hwy-5 out here.
November 14, 2022, 11:49 AM
snwghst
Good stuff

I really like the house brand rootbeer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
November 14, 2022, 11:59 AM
trapper189
There’s one near Calhoun, GA on I75. At $50 a pound for jerky, we passed. I got an $8 brisket sandwich and my youngest son got a $6 chicken sandwich; they were both just ok.

I have no need to stop again.
November 14, 2022, 12:02 PM
hurstolds1
Love their Cheese Melt!
November 14, 2022, 12:04 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
Come on Mikey, Try it, you will like it!

BBQ is very good, brisket is great, and it's always fresh due to the volume, their snacks, pastries are good, Jerky selection is amazing, and the shitter is never ful

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Partly it is the anticipated ambience. Do they have country music blaring? I am not a snob but prefer sit down venues where they take reservations.
November 14, 2022, 12:05 PM
trapper189
^No, but they scream something every time a brisket comes off the smoker.