SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duluth Trading may have lost me as a customer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth Trading may have lost me as a customer Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
All of these companies are in lock step.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Does Duluth make the Sigforum Unitard?

No, those are bespoke outfits hand-woven by alpine maidens in the mountain villages outside of Neuhausen, Switzerland.

How do we get on the list for one of these?

Posts: 442 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The ordering process is outlined on page 17 of the membership waiver.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I stopped being a Duluth customer a couple years ago due to their progressively poor quality and change in warranty. This 'woke' survey is just another indicator of a company in decline and while it alone, usually, would not be enough to make me stop doing business with them it's the other indicators that typically precedes the woke nonsense. Things like change in warranty, decline in customer service and decline in product quality. All of which have happened at Duluth Trading.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good points all around. I'm mellowing my positions. Last year, LL Bean sent me a catalogue for their Pride collection in June. I've learned since some of the major financial institions are pushing this crap, and many companies have little choice. Check out the Corporate Equity Index and the Human Rights Campaign. They're two main sponsors of "wokeness."

As far as the nails go, my neighbors on one side are lesbians married to each other. In 2021, they had a child (not interested in the mechanics of that.) They kept that kid in the house for 15 months because of covid fear. Last week they broke up, and I haven't seen the kid since. I guess one of them took custody. I worry for the children of the world, but can't do much about it.

There's a 19 year old boy who works in a drive in next to the shop where I work. Each of his work days, he comes in about 1:30p when he gets off the city bus and comes in the talk to me before work at 2pm. He's from a fatherless marriage, mother had issues so he lives with his grandfather. He started spouting his gay activist crap last week and I politely pointed out that political discussions were not allowed in the store. After some chit-cht, he asked me what I thought about his lifestyle. I politely pointed out the risks of being gay in today's society. He'll ignore me, of course, but at 19 he's "immortal."

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The ordering process is outlined on page 17 of the membership waiver.

There is a minimum post requirement as I recall. It is all in the waiver. Or you can use the search function. Send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I realize that some people have the opinion that “if we give an inch, they’ll take a mile”.

But I couldn’t give a shit less about this. IF I wanted to participate in their survey and they have a box that I would check, I don’t care what other boxes they include. I suppose if I truly identified as an attack helicopter then I could be upset that they didn’t include my box.

There is a difference between actively promoting something, and tolerating it or being inclusive of peoples choices, however ridiculous I might find their choice.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I realize that some people have the opinion that “if we give an inch, they’ll take a mile”.

But I couldn’t give a shit less about this. IF I wanted to participate in their survey and they have a box that I would check, I don’t care what other boxes they include. I suppose if I truly identified as an attack helicopter then I could be upset that they didn’t include my box.

There is a difference between actively promoting something, and tolerating it or being inclusive of peoples choices, however ridiculous I might find their choice.
I get your point but most of the members here used to say “What harm is it” or “how about don’t be a twat to them” or “It doesn’t affect us at all”. It’s proven to be a slippery slope and they’re putting on more oil.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If it were only about stupid surveys or dumbass, pandering woke companies. If only. We should not be tolerating this insane shit anywhere. It should be put down and stomped out the moment we see it.

This is from an official government website. I took it while enrolling my son into Global Entry. It is part of the online application. National security and all that, right?

We have become a stupid, un-serious nation, and I for one have frankly lost my sense of humor about the whole thing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post