SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duluth Trading may have lost me as a customer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth Trading may have lost me as a customer Login/Join 
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
When their catalog comes out with Men's Wear, Women's Wear, and Dunno Wear sections I might consider a boycott. But a survey that is optional to answer, or just leave the offending question unanswered? Nope.

Posts: 6391 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That brings up an interesting point.

Most companies that make clothing make Men's, Women's, and potentially Boy's & Girl's.

Not only is this done for sizing purposes but it's also done as the shape of these clothes are different. A shirt made for a man's body would drape like a tent on many women. A man could never get in a shirt made for a woman.

Men's Shirt

Woman's Shirt

I'll guess if you're a Man->Woman trans you need to buy men's clothing, or womens style clothing made for men. Same for Women->Men trans.

Given how these manufactures operate I cannot believe they'll come up with lines of clothing for the 1,000 different genders the LBGTQABC+-? is pushing.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37912 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
I would rather wearing a "cardboard box" than to stoop to this questioning ...

Roll Eyes

You don't have to "stoop to" anything... The easiest solution is just don't answer this optional question, or better yet, don't participate in this completely optional marketing survey in the first place.

It's not like the Duluth Trading checkout clerk is going to be demanding your gender identity and preferred pronouns before they'll let you buy some clothes.

Some folks here love to crow about how "fragile" and "perpetually offended" leftists are, and then turn around and throw fits and threaten boycots if they so much as see a term on an optional third-party marketing survey that they don't like.

Sheesh.

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
If we boycotted any retailer who did things we don't like, we'd be living in holes and banging rabbits over the head with a rock for food.

No kidding.

Posts: 32404 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Does Duluth make the Sigforum Unitard?

It would solve all of these problems...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Does Duluth make the Sigforum Unitard?

No, those are bespoke outfits hand-woven by alpine maidens in the mountain villages outside of Neuhausen, Switzerland.

Posts: 32404 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You'll end up wearing a cardbord box

And bears will eat you! Plus beavers.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cardboard box hmm? damn corrugayted mafia has its tentacles everywhere

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
If you like their stuff and their service, IMO this is not something worth getting ruffled about. Ignore it and continue as before.

Bull. It most certainly is something to take note of. It is an acquiescence to the woke-hivemind and an acceptance of what is not true. Truth matters. 6guns is correct here. This deserves pushback otherwise it will only spread and grow and grow and grow.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30283 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
They replied to my email with this:

"Good Afternoon Carl,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we will pass this along to our managers.

Please contact Customer Service toll-free at 866-300-9719 or respond to this email with any additional questions or concerns. Customer Service is available 7 days a week from 5:00 am to 1:00 am CST.

We look forward to the opportunity to assist you.

Sincerely,

Michele M."

I do appreciate they took the time to write.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Duluth has lost me as a customer as well, nothing to do with wokeness, their quality has just taken a severe dive. When I moved to Alaska from Arizona in 2018, I bought A LOT of stuff from Duluth Trading's store in Anchorage. Their Alaskan Hardgear line had some great stuff. Most of that I still have and is holding up well.

Since then their quality has gone really downhill. Bought a couple of different flannel shirts that I had purchased the same model earlier. Material is noticeably thinner and features are lacking. The Alaskan Hardgear flannel shirts have gone from 3 pockets to only one open pocket and are not nearly as heavy. One of their Free Swinging flannel shirts after 1 washing looked like I had owned it for years with material puckering at all the seems. Wrote Duluth and sent them pictures as well. The response I received as, "Sorry, we will make out buyers aware." No offer of exchange, refund or future discount.

They still have some quality stuff but it's harder to find. Finding the original Firehose cargo pants with the heavy material is a challenge at times and their new Flex line just doesn't hold up as well. Hate it when companies forget what made them and look solely to the bottom line or trying to appeal outside of their core customers.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11745 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
I would rather wearing a "cardboard box" than to stoop to this questioning ...
Do you think anyone actually believes this? Even if you weren't "taking a stand" over something so common these days, that's a damn silly thing to say and no one believes you.

Just playing along with your statement for a second- if you wore a cardboard box in lieu of clothing, you wouldn't be able to go out in public without being arrested and sent to the psych ward for an evaluation. If you continued to wear a cardboard box in lieu of clothing, the arrests would stack up, you'd be well-known to the courts and your life would become more miserable even than wearing a cardboard box in lieu of clothing, which, legal implications aside, would be damn inconvenient and embarrassing for any sane person. You would be shunned by your friends and you quality of life would drop off of a cliff.

So, really, give us a break, huh?

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Ask them if they can add to their clothing lineup since you no longer needed ballroom blue jeans. Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4806 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oaklane:
I got pissed at Carhartt after being a loyal buyer for 40 plus years, it all pisses me off, I finally decided that I need to pick my battles better. I have some Duluth stuff but not near the amount as Carhartt, my solution was to buy my Carhartt stuff from the local mom and pop places around me vs the box store farm places. At least I’m supporting a local place. I don’t have that option with Duluth so I buy near as much of their stuff. I wait for the kids and their mom to get me Duluth for Xmas

Carhartt was one of the first mainstream brands to appeal to the then burgeoning street culture with their WIP collection (Work In Progress) thirty-years ago. Mainly focused on skateboarders, the line soon developed a following and took-off to include women's. Today WIP is a major segment of their business, and any street fashion retailer worth their salt has WIP in their shop. Twenty years ago Carhart jumped the shark when they started to feature more photography that was not workwear or industry oriented but, more focused on fashion; they tried to balance that out with their then dedicated hunting line. Roll Eyes Today, you can find Carhart just about everywhere, meanwhile long time work wear specialty retailers got pissed as the brand saturated the marketplace but, they still retain Carhartt because there's enough blue-collar guys who just don't know the background of things. Go to Europe or, Asia and Carhartt is a fashion brand like Timberland, Nike and Levi's, every skinny-jean wearing douche-bag has a Carhartt Detroit jacket, pocket tee and beanie.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Take what you need and leave the rest. I'm not going to cut my nose to spite my face. I've got no use for Target but if I needed something and Target was my only convenient source you damn well bet I'll buy from them and I don't look at it as helping Target - I look at is as helping me. Smile

I had something happen today that shook me. Our front yard is somewhat of a gathering place as we normally have 2 very friendly little dogs and there are several walkers that like to play with our dogs.

There's a pleasant enough lady who has been coming by with a toddler girl, sweet child who likes the dogs and the dogs like her. Comes by 2,3 times a week stays 3/4 minutes and moves on.

Today lady came by with a different child, a young boy who she said was six, good looking kid was shy but warmed up to the dogs and I liked him fine. Got a look at his hands and all ten fingernails were polished red. Broke my heart. I'm going to go out of my way to be friendly to the boy but mama is not to be trusted.

Posts: 4671 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Do me a favor and tell them to cease with all the fucking Velcro while you’re at it.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8784 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Maybe someday simply checking Non-Binary on a 4473 will be a sufficient disqualifier.

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Not only is this done for sizing purposes but it's also done as the shape of these clothes are different. A shirt made for a man's body would drape like a tent on many women. A man could never get in a shirt made for a woman.
What are the sizing / shape standards for non-binary shirts?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30524 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I once was counseled to live in the world but not be of the world. Over the many decades since, I've come to understand that meant to live in the culture but conduct myself according to true principles. Through the span of my life thus far I've seen a steady and recently exponential rate of decline in the moral fiber of our society. My principles haven't changed and I govern my life by them. But I'll need to tolerate the existence of cultural rot and all of its demonstations if I am to continue on a refining path through life. I've taught my sons those same principles and some have chosen to live by them while others have rejected them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darth, you said that very well. I do feel as if the woke liberals are winning though. It seems to me they just keeping pushing, and after awhile you feel like you are the crazy one. I don't even know what non binary means on a form like that. I'm guessing it means a person doesn't identify as male or female. Anyways, I like your advice. I always enjoy reading your comments.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post