SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Duluth Trading may have lost me as a customer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duluth Trading may have lost me as a customer Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I just received an email from them. It was a survey that they put out to their regular customers of which I'm one; I buy a fair amount from them.

Their first question was gender:

Male

Female

Non-binary

Prefer not to answer

Non-Binary? That bullshit from Duluth Trading? That strikes a bad nerve with me and I'm tired of this shit. And it's not like they're based in NYC for crying out loud.

Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Get used to it from any mass market merchandiser. If they want to appeal to younger buyers they're actively trying to cultivate, they have to spout this bullshit.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
If you like their stuff and their service, IMO this is not something worth getting ruffled about. Ignore it and continue as before.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a new patient form from a Dr. that had this on it. It's getting impossible to avoid it. In this case, I would agree with Expert308. That being said, bud light can suffer some more.

Posts: 659 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Tell them you are a meat popsicle......

Wonder how many young people are really buying Duluth' underwear because there is a binary vs non binary question....

Heck this binary-non binary stuff will probably go the way of the dodo... You could mess with there data by checking non binary if you really want the product, just screw with the data.

It's just the game being played, well within the rights to not buy there, be sure to send them a message via customer service that you won't be buying anything now that they've joined the woke wagon....

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
If you like their stuff and their service, IMO this is not something worth getting ruffled about. Ignore it and continue as before.

Yep. Ignore it and roll on.

I still love their stuff. About half my wardrobe, and almost all of my sock and underwear drawer, is Duluth Trading.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
You sure that email came from them, or a marketing company?

Not that it matters that much in the context of things, just curious.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
You sure that email came from them, or a marketing company?

Probably. Which is why I'd send an email to Deluth TC letting them know. If they hear from their customers, they may choose to not use the same woke marketing company in the future...which is a small win in this battle.

Doing nothing is how we've ended up in this mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there a discussion about how Duluth Trading got rid of their lifetime warranty and their quality was declining?

Posts: 2365 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'll end up wearing a cardbord box

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
You gonna stop buying guns too? Razz
I bought a gun last week and 4473 has a non-binary option as well.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
It’s everywhere.
Don’t purchase any firearms. Question 14 on the updated 4473 is “Male, Female, Nonbinary?”.
Sorry man
Edit: 1967Goat beat me to it while I was typing

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
It was def a DT email, but opening the survey showed a third party survey. I did reply to the email and sent my thought to Duluth.

I know I should grow thicker skin, but I'm just getting tired of it. I've seen it too on medical questions and they go way further. Crazy times.

As said, I do think we should voice our opinions as these things come up. Will it help? Who knows...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Email them with the complaint that you DO prefer to answer, but you self-identify as an Attack Helicopter (hat tip: Ben Shapiro) and are incensed that they have marginalized your identity by not including that as an option.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I identify as (see my tag line below)

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could give a shit about their touchy-feely bullshit, but their prices have gone stupid lately.
needed some new shorts in a smaller size. $72 for the same ones I have now. Uh, no thanks.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If we boycotted any retailer who did things we don't like, we'd be living in holes and banging rabbits over the head with a rock for food.

You have to draw your own lines, but mine would not exclude Duluth for that reason.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I would rather wearing a "cardboard box" than to stoop to this questioning ...

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
… we'd be living in holes and banging rabbits over the head with a rock for food. …
TBH, that sounds amazing.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got pissed at Carhartt after being a loyal buyer for 40 plus years, it all pisses me off, I finally decided that I need to pick my battles better. I have some Duluth stuff but not near the amount as Carhartt, my solution was to buy my Carhartt stuff from the local mom and pop places around me vs the box store farm places. At least I’m supporting a local place. I don’t have that option with Duluth so I buy near as much of their stuff. I wait for the kids and their mom to get me Duluth for Xmas

Posts: 454 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post