SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Birthday John Moses Browning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday John Moses Browning Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I will celebrate his birthday today, January 23, 1855 by taking my 1911 pistols to the range and lighting off some .45 acp candles.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We share the same Birthday. Same day different year

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Happy Birthday John Moses Browning
I forgot to send him a card. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30637 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
The Browning museum in Ogden Utah is worth seeing if you're in the area. One large room with display cases and a WWII area, plus a workshop full of his tools. And one or two enthusiastic volunteers. Takes about an hour.

While there see the railroad museum in the same building, and drive the 7 minutes to the free but very excellent Hill AFB aviation museum.

Posts: 9435 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Also on this day...

Frat-house frolics became a national obsession when Wham-O Manufacturing Co. of California began producing the Pluto Platter — soon renamed the Frisbee — on this day in history, Jan. 23, 1957. “The Frisbee started off as nothing more than a container that carried pies,” reported University of Southern California online engineering publication Illumin Magazine, which analyzed the physics and history of the toy. “However, through the ingenuity of some college students, the inventiveness of Fred Morrison, and the marketing savvy of the Wham-O Manufacturing Company, it eventually became an immensely popular and internationally recognized toy.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24047 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Let's see: I don't have a 1911; here's what I do have:

1. BHP, he gets partial credit for that.
2. Baby Browning, but it's a safe queen.
3. 1894 Winchester, but Bruce Gray still has it
4. Winchester Model 62 .22 pump "gallery gun"; Winchester bought the rights from JMB for that one.
5. I inherited a civilian BAR .308 rifle. I understand that was designed by Bruce Browning.
6. Colt Woodsman Series 2. Another JMB design.

So even without a 1911, I have 5 JMB designed firearms.

Happy Birthday John Moses! Thank you for all you did!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I have my Colt 1911 on my hip today, in honor.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
1911 is a tool that gives me comfort.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1550 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Mr. Browning. The world thanks you and I specifically thank you for the Auto 5.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10480 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
It should be a National Holiday.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10193 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That genius had a lot of patents. Winchester used to buy all they could just to keep them out of competitors hands.
Happy birthday to one of the greatest firearms designers ever!

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post