SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fun fact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Fun fact Login/Join 
Member
Picture of jehzsa
posted
Originally, the acronym for DEI was IED. But it was considered too explosive.

And DIE was already taken...


***************************
Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
 
Posts: 14262 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 18838 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 32047 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…
 
Posts: 671 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…

On my way home in the evenings during the winter when it is dark, there's a big red sign for CPAP machines, but at first glance, it always looks like the sign is for CRAP Machines.


.
 
Posts: 10280 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…


Ha! There could also be another joke embedded in there. Is your friend also Asian?



________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 18838 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Maxim was our long time customer. It was acquired by Analog Device in '21. During the early transitional period, I would use "Max/Anal" on the sales order. My salesguy was not amused. Big Grin
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fun fact

© SIGforum 2026