SIGforum
Fun fact

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3770000225

September 01, 2026, 08:01 AM
jehzsa
Fun fact
Originally, the acronym for DEI was IED. But it was considered too explosive.

And DIE was already taken...


***************************
Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
September 01, 2026, 08:23 AM
flesheatingvirus



________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 01, 2026, 08:40 AM
egregore

September 01, 2026, 06:06 PM
MelissaDallas
My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…
September 01, 2026, 06:19 PM
TigerDore
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…

On my way home in the evenings during the winter when it is dark, there's a big red sign for CPAP machines, but at first glance, it always looks like the sign is for CRAP Machines.


.
September 02, 2026, 08:47 AM
flesheatingvirus
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…


Ha! There could also be another joke embedded in there. Is your friend also Asian?




________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 02, 2026, 09:49 AM
Rawny
Maxim was our long time customer. It was acquired by Analog Device in '21. During the early transitional period, I would use "Max/Anal" on the sales order. My salesguy was not amused. Big Grin