-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
Posts: 18838 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005
My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…
Originally posted by MelissaDallas: My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…
On my way home in the evenings during the winter when it is dark, there's a big red sign for CPAP machines, but at first glance, it always looks like the sign is for CRAP Machines.
Originally posted by MelissaDallas: My ex had a starter/alternator shop. He liked acronyms and wanted to rename it to something with catchy initials. I suggested “City” Rebuilt Auto Parts. Don’t know why it made him mad…
Ha! There could also be another joke embedded in there. Is your friend also Asian?
________________________________________
-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
Posts: 18838 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005
Maxim was our long time customer. It was acquired by Analog Device in '21. During the early transitional period, I would use "Max/Anal" on the sales order. My salesguy was not amused.
Posts: 3042 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005