SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DeSantis strips the Hyatt Regency Miami's liquor license after hosting 'lewd' drag show with children present
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis strips the Hyatt Regency Miami's liquor license after hosting 'lewd' drag show with children present Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Would like a comment from Pritzger,Illinois Governor whose family still has a controlling interest in Hyatt.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Imagine if there were just ten more governors across the country doing business the way DeSantis does what a different country this would be. Then imagine 15, then 20...

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would like a comment from Pritzger,Illinois Governor whose family still has a controlling interest in Hyatt.

Well.... Uh.... That's "Jennifer" Pritzger there on the left. I suspect "she" has no issue what they had going on there.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you Governor DeSantis.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I bet the Governor clinched so hard that at least 2 Gerbils died.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Well.... Uh.... That's "Jennifer" Pritzger there on the left. I suspect "she" has no issue what they had going on there.

I'd bet he will when it starts hitting them in the pocketbook.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Tennessee governor signs first-of-its-kind bill restricting drag shows

quote:
The measure will prohibit drag performances on public property or at locations in the state where they can be viewed by minors.

Here's a "highlight:"

quote:
Several drag performers in the state argue that the legislation broadly paints drag as overtly sexual and unfairly targets the underground art form, which has deep roots in the LGBTQ community.

quote:
“For them to pass further legislation governing this ‘obscene’ art form of drag, it doesn’t serve any purpose other than to stir up the people who already hate us and make it harder for us to just exist out in the world,” said Luke Conner, a Memphis drag queen whose stage name is Anyanka. “It’s not about protecting children anymore. It’s about silencing an entire group of people.”

Fuck you. If you'd left it where it belongs and not kept pushing it, this wouldn't have been necessary.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, in New York:

https://nypost.com/2023/03/14/...story-hour-for-kids/

AG Letitia James to host ‘Drag Story Hour’ for kids in NYC — sparking outrage

By Emily Crane
March 14, 2023 5:35pm Updated

New York Attorney General Letitia James is set to host a “Drag Story Hour” for children in Manhattan this weekend — and the event is sparking outrage over the use of taxpayer money for the already controversial event.

James and a string of fellow elected Democratic city and state leaders plan to attend Sunday’s event in the West Village where “families with children” are invited to watch drag performers read books over a four-hour stretch.

The AG’s March 19 event is co-sponsored by Drag Story Hour NYC — a nonprofit that has been showered in taxpayers funds, which has enabled them to send drag performers into public schools and libraries to interact with children as young as 3.

“My office is proud to host a Drag Story Hour read-a-thon,” James wrote on Instagram as she promoted the event. “We’re inviting families to join us at the @lgbtcenternyc with @dragstoryhour, drag storytellers, community leaders, and elected officials.”

News of the event sparked immediate backlash on Twitter, with some claiming New Yorkers’ tax dollars were “hard at work grooming kids.”

“Why?? Why???? What is the purpose of government funded drag queens for children? To teach tolerance? BS,” Matt Antar, the New York Young Republican Club’s finance chairman, tweeted.

“Drag is a profession, not a “type of person.” A profession where adult men do exaggerated female impersonations often scantily clad with sexual themes… This is not the way.”

Conservative influencer Ashley St. Clair also chimed in, tweeting: “The “family-friendly” event will take place at the ‘Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center.’ Your tax dollars are hard at work grooming kids!”

Steve Cortes, a former spokesman for President Trump’s campaign, added: “This kind of explicit targeting of children is just evil.”

“Grownups want to dress in drag? More power to them. But what is this fascination with wanting people to bring their kids to your drag show?” TV personality Judge Alex Ferrer tweeted.

The Libs of TikTok tweeted: “Our tax dollars are being used by government officials to fund and promote the sexualization of our children.”

Drag queen story hours for kids have been held at public libraries across the city since 2017 but the events have recently drawn backlash and violent protests.

Cops were forced to step in when a dueling protests descended into chaos outside a story hour in Jackson Heights, Queens in December.

Footage from that scene showed some protesters brandishing a Proud Boys flag and shouting “Leave the kids alone!” at the supporters of the event.

Just weeks earlier, protesters holding signs that read “stop grooming kids for sex” were caught on camera shouting expletives outside a drag story hour in Chelsea.

It comes as Republican-led states, such as Arkansas, look to ban such events altogether.

Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders wants to prohibit drag shows from taking place on public property in the state — a move that she says will protect children from being exposed to “sexually explicit drag shows.”

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Why no mention of arrests for the performers?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Fuck you. If you'd left it where it belongs and not kept pushing it, this wouldn't have been necessary.

Exactly. Drag shows have been going on in this country without problem for decades. I don’t care what consenting adults do around other consenting adults.

But nobody has given me even close to a good reason why kids need to be exposed to this. It’s fucking grooming plain and simple.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And when the media undoubtedly says oh Florida, here we go again it was just a Drag show… I pray governor Ron just unloads and repeats the things noted in this article. Like he did the other day at a presser about filthy books available in a elementary school library and the TV networks couldn’t air it because it didn’t meet broadcast decency standards. So ironic.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Seems appropriate to me.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Exactly. Drag shows have been going on in this country without problem for decades. I don’t care what consenting adults do around other consenting adults.

But nobody has given me even close to a good reason why kids need to be exposed to this. It’s fucking grooming plain and simple.

Indeed.
I've seen a handful and been to places where the performers were dressed up men...it was one thing for a guy to get painted up and throw on a pair of heels...ok, whatever, good voice, nice rendition of that song. What these performances are, are pathetic, camped-up, low-rent pole-dancers, who'd get boo'd off any strip-club stage.

Now, these these pitiful excuses for performers, insist that doing their act in front of kids is somehow valuable?!? GTFO!

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
These sick fucks are doing everything they can to normalize the sexualization of children. This is all the proof anyone needs to show that there is true evil in the world. It is a blatant attempt to destroy morality and the sickest part about it is that there are parents willing to expose their little kids to it.

I wonder what their reactions would be to a teacher or counselor rubbing their actual genitalia in children’s faces. They don’t deserve to have children. It’s sexual abuse either way.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I love how he waited until spring break to drop the hammer. This is going to cost them a shit ton of money!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It is really encouraging to see him knocking them down on after another.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Even ignoring the reasons behind this, as a major business operating in FL today, how stupid do you have to be to get a "don't do it" warning from the state and go ahead and do it anyways.

Did someone at the table say "don’t worry, what can they do to us" or "we’re too big, they won’t mess with us" and everyone else just nodded and said "good point"?

I expect the Hyatt chain to double down in some way to try prove something and the state will pull their occupancy license or something.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I was recently just down at a three day convention in Tampa for the company I work for. You better believe not having the ability to serve alcohol during the evening at the outside dinners and social hours would've been a big deal, especially to a bunch of sailors.

And I can only imagine the amount of money the company spent on this conference. Upper six figures at least.

Especially considering the profit margins on alcohol versus selling food.

If I'm a business owner, my concern is making money, not political statements or doing illegal/immoral things to jeopardize me making money.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Seems appropriate to me.
Does it? A guy ordering a Mexican buffet while watching a ballgame?

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
It may seem to be not a severe enough punishment but I suspect not only will it affect dining in their restaurant and likely have cancellations of large group meetings and convention venues. Hit them in the pocket book in a way that is guaranteed. Any other charges can be leveled but this is instant gotcha by the short hairs that will have an immediate effect. There is also the possibility that the other charges could somehow be weaseled out of by some judge that leans a bit to the left. I know unlikely in Florida but the slim possibility does exist.

I think the message sent to other establishments in Florida is a big freakin deal

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post