SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DeSantis strips the Hyatt Regency Miami's liquor license after hosting 'lewd' drag show with children present
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis strips the Hyatt Regency Miami's liquor license after hosting 'lewd' drag show with children present Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Yeah, man. Beautiful. That ain't no Motel 6 out on Route Nowhere. This is going to affect their business. Cool

DeSantis strips luxurious Florida hotel's liquor license after hosting 'lewd' drag show with children present

The DeSantis administration stripped a major Miami hotel of its liquor license after hosting a Christmas-themed drag queen show in December with children present despite warnings.

The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation warned the Hyatt Regency Miami against hosting a "sexually explicit show with children present," but the hotel did anyway, according to a statement from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' office.

"Therefore, the Department is revoking the venue’s license for the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages," the statement adds. "Sexually explicit content is not appropriate to display to children and doing so violates Florida law. Governor DeSantis stands up for the innocence of children in the classroom and throughout Florida."

During the event, performers showed their prosthetic breasts and genitals, rubbed their prosthetic female breasts on the faces and mouths of audience members, intentionally exposed their rears, were "simulating masturbation" and had "graphic depictions of childbirth and/or abortion," according to a complaint that the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation filed.

"A Drag Queen Christmas" took place in late December and was initially promoted by the hotel with Christmas-themed materials that did not warn of sexually explicit content and included the words "all ages welcome," according the complaint.

After the venue was warned against having children at the event, promotional materials were updated to include a disclaimer that the show was "recommended for audiences 18+," but the admission policies still allowed for children to attend if accompanied by an adult, the complaint states.
Independent journalist Tayler Hansen attended a "family friendly" drag queen show in Austin, Texas, on Dec. 15, 2022.

"As a result, minors attended and were knowingly admitted," the complaint states. "During the Show and in the presence of persons less than 16 years of age, performers appeared on stage wearing sexually suggestive clothing and prosthetic female genitalia."

The department added that on the screens behind the performers, videos were displayed of "exposed female breasts with less than a fully opaque covering, portrayals of simulated masturbation, and other sexually explicit content."

"[P]erverted versions of popular children’s Christmas songs" were also played at the event, including an adaption of "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth," the complaint states. The song contained a "portrayal of oral fellatio" and the lyric "I’ll sit on his lap, he can put his milk and cookies all between my gap."

During the remixed song "Screwdolph the Red-Nippled Reindeer," attendees heard the lyrics "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen Vomit and Stupid and Dildo and D***s-in…" and "Then one soggy Christmas Eve Santa came to say ‘Screwdolph with your nipples so bright won’t you guide my sleigh tonight," according to the Florida department.

The complaint accused the hotel of violating Florida statute.

"Exposing genitals in a lewd or lascivious manner and simulated sexual activity are inconsistent with the prevailing standards in the adult community as a whole with respect to what is suitable material for children under the age of 16," the complaint states, adding that the hotel violated the statue by allowing the performance.

According to the promotional materials for the event included in the complaint, "A Drag Queen Christmas" had been hosted for the last seven years.

The show, which went on a national tour, also came to an Orlando venue on Dec. 28, when protesters both in support and against gathered outside.

The Hyatt Regency Miami did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Simply fantastic.

Hyatt, you were warned. Did you really think DeSantis was bluffing, you sick creeps? Well, time to reap your rewards.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Warms my heart to hear this!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
finally, some clap back
thank you, governor.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please keep on kicking butt!!! We need some folks to stop these weirdos from doing that shit in front of children. It is a good start......keep it up!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Question since I don't know Florida law very well: If showing sexually explicit entertainment to minors is against the law, is the Hyatt also being prosecuted under that law? I'm just trying to figure out if this was done because they couldn't get at them another way, or if it is on top of actually prosecuting them for a crime.

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Y'know, I really don't give a rosie red rat's patootie what consenting adults do in the privacy of their lodgings, or in the presence of other consenting adults in adults-only venues. But, this? This is outright abhorrent. IMO it amounts to child abuse.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been pouring hard today as another storm hits the Left coast...this news just put a smile on my face.

A dance performance, for children, performed by males dressed as women, where the routines & costumes are likey to be construed as lewd, obscene and sexually-charged. I'm no prude, and there's a place for such acts...however not in front of children, in a hotel ballroom.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Good for him and his administration.

Keep on Kicking Ass, Brother!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Actions have consequences.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
It's been pouring hard today as another storm hits the Left coast...this news just put a smile on my face.

We have large trees down, too. Gloomy as all get out. Then, to read about a governor who governs as one should - just great news! Smile

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Love this guy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Good start. Now they need to go after every parent who brought a child to that and remove those children from that home.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the event, performers showed their prosthetic breasts and genitals, rubbed their prosthetic female breasts on the faces and mouths of audience members, intentionally exposed their rears, were "simulating masturbation" and had "graphic depictions of childbirth and/or abortion," according to a complaint that the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation filed.

What the hell kind of drag show was this? I've been to drag shows, and I've never seen that shit. Some good musical performances, some not so good, but never this crap.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
Question since I don't know Florida law very well: If showing sexually explicit entertainment to minors is against the law, is the Hyatt also being prosecuted under that law? I'm just trying to figure out if this was done because they couldn't get at them another way, or if it is on top of actually prosecuting them for a crime.
That's the real question here, no prosecutions? Just pulling a liquor license?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may seem to be not a severe enough punishment but I suspect not only will it affect dining in their restaurant and likely have cancellations of large group meetings and convention venues. Hit them in the pocket book in a way that is guaranteed. Any other charges can be leveled but this is instant gotcha by the short hairs that will have an immediate effect. There is also the possibility that the other charges could somehow be weaseled out of by some judge that leans a bit to the left. I know unlikely in Florida but the slim possibility does exist.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, large cancellations. You know how those dentists are.

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Next question is this a corporate or a franchised operation? If corporate the stockholders might have a thing or two to say at the annual meeting.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

"[P]erverted versions of popular children’s Christmas songs" were also played at the event, including an adaption of "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth," the complaint states. The song contained a "portrayal of oral fellatio" and the lyric "I’ll sit on his lap, he can put his milk and cookies all between my gap."

During the remixed song "Screwdolph the Red-Nippled Reindeer," attendees heard the lyrics "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen Vomit and Stupid and Dildo and D***s-in…" and "Then one soggy Christmas Eve Santa came to say ‘Screwdolph with your nipples so bright won’t you guide my sleigh tonight," according to the Florida department.

In front of children.

What a bunch of sick fucks. "Mentally retarded" these people aren't. Depraved, sick, fucks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I was recently just down at a three day convention in Tampa for the company I work for. You better believe not having the ability to serve alcohol during the evening at the outside dinners and social hours would've been a big deal, especially to a bunch of sailors.

And I can only imagine the amount of money the company spent on this conference. Upper six figures at least.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post