SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    do you sit in a fast food window line that has 15 or twenty cars in it for lunch?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do you sit in a fast food window line that has 15 or twenty cars in it for lunch? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm one of those idiots that brings his food and drink with him. Nope I don't wait in line for lunch or dinner.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Nope....more than 4 or 5 in a dual speaker set up and I am gone.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had one guy on the night tour who had pizzas delivered to his marked unit at 2am

I called Dominos one night at a homicide scene(I was running the clipboard at the yellow tape and knew I’d be there until shift change) anyway, dude said “man I’m not delivering there in the middle of the night...” I told him it was the safest it would ever be and look for car 83...I’ve got cash.

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11299 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
No. I'll either walk inside or go someplace else.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
There is nothing worth eating from a fast food restaurant that is worth that kind of wait.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I don't do drive-thru's because I don't do fast food. I can usually find a deli or mom and pop style place and have a sandwich and spend equal or less $ than fast food costs

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Like has been mentioned several times already, only at Chick-Fil-A.

But now that I've discovered their app, I don't even wait in their line. I just order on the way when I'm stopped at a light, and pull up for curbside delivery a couple minutes later.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I favor Mom and Pop type places over the large fast food franchises whenever possible.

Plus, some health issues a couple of years back caused me to pretty much give up fast food anyway.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Helllllllll no. Maybe five cars.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Chic-fil-a, 50 cars wrapped around the building, five minutes tops

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Chic-fil-a, 50 cars wrapped around the building, five minutes tops

That's 6 seconds per car. I like to see video proof of this.

Q

Posts: 26440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd believe 25 seconds per car, in a tiny town minute

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Your math has no place mixed in with my exaggerations Cool

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
No way no how.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
The local JCW burger place is slower than molasses - even if i get right to the speaker, its still a 5-10 minute wait. But the foods fresh. I rarely go there, though. Definitely not if there is any kind of line.

Even the local CFA seems like it has slowed down considerably and i just try to avoid drive thru altogether if i can.

Mostly i try to eat at home or bring lunch though. I’d rather eat the same homemade sammich daily than spend $50 a week on fast food.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WE have a small hamburger shop here, with 3 locations in the city near me.
The west location is busy as long as it is open. The drive thru is always lined up, but goes pretty fast. We do wait in them.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I don't usually do drive thru but I did stop in at Sonics the other day. There were only four cars in line. Well, the lady in the van ahead of me took over five minutes just to place her order. Ugh!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post