SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The upcoming Presidential election. **All Members, Please Read**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The upcoming Presidential election. **All Members, Please Read** Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Today marks nine weeks out from the election. Based upon forum activity in the leadup to the 2016 election, I feel it appropriate to address the posting members of this forum, as this time around, we'll see the kinds of things we had last time, and then some.

I have one superstition in this life. Perhaps it would be more correct to call it a belief: If you want something too badly, chances are, you're not going to get it.

All of us yearn for prosperity and we hope for long life and health for ourselves, our families and our friends. We wish for happiness at all moments, though this is unattainable. It's natural to hope for and to strive for these things, but, is there much we- the Americans who love their country and believe in the Constitution of the United States- want more right now than to see President Trump re-elected? I think not. Consequently, much anxiety is attached to the upcoming election, especially since we know the well-deserved and much earned reputation of leftists and the Democratic party of being cheating, lying, conniving, amoral scum. They will do everything they can to steal this election. Everyone knows it.
So, even though we feel President Trump has earned re-election with his performance these last four years and even though we feel that centrists and even more than a few on the left see what the man has done for us, we worry. No one can be faulted for being quite concerned right now. So very much is at stake that there is no way to fully describe what teeters in the balance at this moment.

Having acknowledged this, I want to tell you something about myself that many longtime members may already know: I cannot tolerate overt expressions of fear coming from grown men. We are not children. We have seen much of this world- its callousness, cruelty and barbarity. Each of us have had the experiences of being wounded, cheated, slighted, wronged, discounted and perhaps even being forgotten altogether. We have witnessed- directly or indirectly- the horror of war. This can be an unforgiving world. And yet, here you are, upright and breathing. Nature has yet to defeat you. Recently, I said to all here that anyone drawing breath right now should give themselves a pat on the back just for getting out of bed in the morning to face it all. None of us asked to be here. Each of you possess untapped reserves of strength. On the pages of this forum, gentlemen, I want each of you to display that strength and courage. This is the kind of behavior which should be displayed in a battle, and no one should mistake it- this is a battle, perhaps one of the most important most of us will fight.

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Bolster your fellow man. Defy the enemy. Stand up and shake your fist in their faces and dare them to come on. Should the unthinkable happen- and it is a possibility- there will be time enough for lamentations, but, until such time, don't give an inch. Do not give these America-hating, liberty-stealing criminals a moment's satisfaction. Do this, and when the time comes, we can rejoice at our victory, savor it, flaunt it to those who seek to destroy this nation, and by your courage and defiance in the leadup to that victory, it shall be all the sweeter.

Do this for me. Do it for yourselves. Do it for your country, its flag, and its Constitution. Here's to victory in the most important election of our lives and here's to the preservation of our Union. May Almighty God bless the United States of America and hold it in His hand.

Posts: 107656 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
You got my vote. Well said.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Now that is what I call an inspirational post! I love it, and I’m right here with you!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 890 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Like Pres Trump said in his speech....going to send them a message they will never forget

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Let this be our finest hour.

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a time for resolve - not fear.

Posts: 542 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Hear, hear! UNITED WE STAND

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
very well written post.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great and inspiring post, Para.

Thank you!

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
We're with you.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5415 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Hear Hear! It starts with us, we must take the challenge and fight with all that we have.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well said. Time to stand up and be counted.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
On a positive note, my wife became a US citizen a few months ago, adding one more vote for Trump. She's extremely proud of the honor.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7074 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree in all respects. I have never become involved in politics before. Never. Until now. I have sent $$$ to POTUS and to local Republican candidates. I have signed petitions to change Michigan law to strip our Governor of her unlimited power to rule by Executive Order and to recall her. I will do more as $$$ allows. I believe this is the most important election of my lifetime.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16103 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FLhiker:
This is a time for resolve - not fear.

Yep.
Thanks, Para.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said Para. I agree wholeheartedly and will definitely do my part.

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Whatever happens, there will be 2024 and 2028 and 2032...we're gonna win some, and we're gonna lose some. In every one of those future elections we're gonna hear, "this is the most important election of our lives." How can every election be the most important one? They'll be saying that shit when we all die.

This is a constant in democratic life; we have elections...and we ain't gonna win 'em all boys. So fear not when we lose an inevitable future election. Obama shit on this country for 8 years and Trump turned most of it around in 3 subsequent ones.

People put too much stock in one election. They'll be fighting this fight after everyone reading this is dead and gone. Show up, vote and keep up the good fight. One battle does not make a war, so let's stop acting like every election determines if the sun rises or not. When we win, we high five. When we lose, we get up and go to work in the morning. Simple, relax friends.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para: I needed that, so, thank you. Three months ago I was not going to vote for DJT but following this forum specifically for the PPX and Kenosha info, I will be voting for him. I'm in CA so my vote does not ever count. I am outnumbered by the democrats. I still vote every election even if I rarely see victory.

Again, thank you for your post above and for this forum. You have raised my spirits.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Amen sir.

Posts: 4034 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
para, well said. Let's be optimistic and fight the enemy! Stand up for what we believe in and refuse to believe the media's twisted message.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10492 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post