SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big dog owners...puppy food recommendations?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big dog owners...puppy food recommendations? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I first heard about the dialated cardio myopathy from a friend in our local GSP club, not my vet.
It was not presented as gospel, just as an fyi. I asked my vet about it, and he said it's too soon to tell as they dont fully understand the connection between the foods & the disease. Our vet is also a friend. He'd never pushed any brand on us. Neither did our prior vet. Or the one before that. In fact, in 40 plus years of owning dogs I've never had a vet try to sell me on any brand of food.

We feed our GSP's Purina Pro Plan Sport. A friend who is also a dog trainer and hunting guide feeds his dog Purina Pro Plan, as to many in the club. They seem to do very well on it.

I don't really have a dog in this hint (pun intended) feed your pups what you want.

A member asked a question, I shared what I could trying to be helpful.

I think most of us want to do right by our pets, and that's a good thing.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Found a feed place right across the river from where I work. Price for a 33# bag of Fromm's is almost half what Amazon wants. Think I'll start there.

Thanks all!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Great food, Allen.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post