SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Target store pulling back all the stops
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target store pulling back all the stops Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I don't plan to darken the door of one anytime soon to check so...
I haven’t darkened the door of that piece of fecal matter establishment in over 15 years…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have not shopped in Target for maybe ten years. The last time I was in there was to pick up a couple of grocery items on my way home from a range session. My wallet and all unnecessary pocket items were in my range bag, locked in the car and I just had some cash in my pocket.

I grabbed the grocery stuff that I needed, and then noticed an end cap with some wine on clearance, so I put a bottle in my cart.

Got to the checkout register and the cashier wanted ID to verify my age. At the time I was well past 70 years old, looked every day of it, hobbling with a cane, no way that I could have been mistaken for an under-age alcohol purchaser. I was not going to make the trip out to the parking lot to retrieve ID from the car to satisfy their stupidity, so I left and have not set foot in a Target since then.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30952 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
the cashier wanted ID to verify my age.

I'm all for the Target boycott... but that cashier was probably following a strict policy. She likely could have been fired, even though it was obvious you were over 21.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24288 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
the cashier wanted ID to verify my age.
I'm all for the Target boycott... but that cashier was probably following a strict policy. She likely could have been fired, even though it was obvious you were over 21.
Nope. Target's policy was to verify with ID if the customer did not appear to be at least 40 years old. I was more than 70. Cash registers had provision for cashier over-ride of the ID "requirement." This was a cashier training problem, not a store or company policy problem.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30952 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Target has been at this since at least 2016 when they started the whole trans bathroom kerfuffle. Screw them.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6254 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife has not set foot in a Target since this idiocy began in late May and she’s gone forever. Before this she’d be there at least once a week, often twice.

I wonder how many women out there have turned their back like this? It’s got to be hurting their numbers.

Posts: 34099 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that it was strange that they would not sell me a lighter unless I produced ID. It's been a few years, not sure if they still do that. I asked, "why do I need ID to buy a Bic lighter?"

Clerck: "Company policy".

Me: "Why is that company policy?"

Clerck: "dunno, just is".

Posts: 1933 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walked away from Target after the trans bathroom fiasco years ago. Haven't been back since. Don't miss it.

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 25, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:

I thought that it was strange that they would not sell me a lighter unless I produced ID. It's been a few years, not sure if they still do that. I asked, "why do I need ID to buy a Bic lighter?"

Clerck: "Company policy".

Me: "Why is that company policy?"

Clerck: "dunno, just is".
I should get a fake ID.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים