SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Target store pulling back all the stops
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target store pulling back all the stops Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Target is reacting to a cultural change. It is also dedicated to changing the culture. If Leftists and the perverted can change the culture why is resistance to it ridiculous?

I am not against resisting. The point is standing here claiming Target is behind this misses the point. And it makes efforts to resist harder, because it causes people to miss what is really happening and misdirect their efforts.

Target will react to economic pressure. It is the only thing they will react to because making money is the goal. The goal in the Target boardroom is not to change culture.

10 years ago I would have believed that. I have seen too many businesses self immolate for the sake of their cause. Some have actually been willing to go out of business rather than tether to market forces. Target is not the source of this social disorder but it perpetuates it and we do too if we participate.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29789 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Target is reacting to a cultural change. It is also dedicated to changing the culture. If Leftists and the perverted can change the culture why is resistance to it ridiculous?

I am not against resisting. The point is standing here claiming Target is behind this misses the point. And it makes efforts to resist harder, because it causes people to miss what is really happening and misdirect their efforts.

Target will react to economic pressure. It is the only thing they will react to because making money is the goal. The goal in the Target boardroom is not to change culture.

I agree that Target the companies doesn’t care and is only worried about the bottom line… it is the people that make the decisions that care and are ideologically driven… I think we agree on that.

Im just confused as to what you’re suggesting? I am sure I’m the dumb one missing your point so please try again, for my sake… we should resist on all fronts, including hurting the bottom line of Target to whatever extent we may (seems will be much hard than Bud Light), but your posts seem to suggest resisting in ways that don’t include not shopping at Target. I’m missing your point, though, right?

Posts: 6400 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
You miss my point. Target is not leading the culture wars. They are reacting to them, because giant corporate retailers react to this kind of stuff, they don't invent it. Target's real goal is to sell consumer goods, not to turn boys soft.

Many of us fear and dislike these these changes. I am in agreement with that. But that doesn't lead me to mistake Target as the cause and source of these changes. That is a mistake, but it is an easy mistake to make. The culture is changing, and Target is reacting to it. There is an argument that those who like these changes are the noisiest, and so get more attention from the Targets of the world.1 But when we see the sort of reaction that Anheuser Busch got, it warns the corporate giants to not ignore the large, less vocal and more traditional buyers.

And because I do not see it the way you do, doesn't mean I am not smart or deliberately obtuse. It means we don't agree. Don't demonize people who don't agree with you. I know the members here, and especially those who like to talk politics (as opposed to those who just talk guns), have a certain viewpoint. But don't let the clannish mentality on full display in this thread make it too easy to shut your ears and not think questions through. Don't breathe your own fumes.

Ah yes. Your point was vastly superior and soared well beyond the grasp of us fume-huffers.

I'm sure that's exactly what your pastel post meant. Roll Eyes I really wish you had the opportunity to be a fly on the wall in a family crisis center where a child that's been forced to pretend he's a girl is explaining all the ways he'd like to end his own life.

Every single person making light of this shit or acting like Target isn't at fault for their choices to pander to this nasty shit needs to see how horrifying this is up close.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9171 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry. I don’t think that partnering with a satanic designer and carrying a swimsuit in the little girls section that features a pocket for tucking a child’s penis into is the result of Target merely reacting.

They may not be leading a charge but they are absolutely promoting and openly supporting it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15264 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Target isn't reacting. They've long been at the forefront. No big box store was letting biological males in women's restrooms and changing rooms in 2016. No big box store is selling tuckable clothing now. No big box store is selling satanic clothing lines now.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23424 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
You miss my point. Target is not leading the culture wars. They are reacting to them, because giant corporate retailers react to this kind of stuff, they don't invent it. Target's real goal is to sell consumer goods, not to turn boys soft.

Many of us fear and dislike these these changes. I am in agreement with that. But that doesn't lead me to mistake Target as the cause and source of these changes. That is a mistake, but it is an easy mistake to make. The culture is changing, and Target is reacting to it. There is an argument that those who like these changes are the noisiest, and so get more attention from the Targets of the world.1 But when we see the sort of reaction that Anheuser Busch got, it warns the corporate giants to not ignore the large, less vocal and more traditional buyers.

And because I do not see it the way you do, doesn't mean I am not smart or deliberately obtuse. It means we don't agree. Don't demonize people who don't agree with you. I know the members here, and especially those who like to talk politics (as opposed to those who just talk guns), have a certain viewpoint. But don't let the clannish mentality on full display in this thread make it too easy to shut your ears and not think questions through. Don't breathe your own fumes.

I didn’t miss your point because you didn’t make one. You purposely took one word out of my post and made a snide comment about it without seeing the bigger picture. I couldn’t give two craps about anyone wearing pastel colors. I wear pastels sometimes. My problem is Target purposefully using them ALONG WITH OTHER DESIGNS to make little boys more feminine. And I never said Target is the one behind this push so I’m not sure where you got that. Regardless, they are pushing these products on consumers….not just selling them but actively pushing them. I don’t care whether or not they’re the ones behind it. They are pushing this agenda and that’s good enough for me. But maybe I’ve huffed too many of my own fumes rendering me incapable of understanding your wisdom.

Posts: 1521 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
As I've said before, jhe888 will argue with Jesus on judgment day. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15503 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
The culture is changing, and Target is reacting to it.

The culture, in regards to transgenders shit, is not "changing". It is being manufactured, a fantasy played out in the media for political gain, and applies to a very small portion of the population. Entities like Target, Bud Light, the Dodgers, etc are not "reacting" to a cultural change, they are trying to change culture itself, and it is not working. The moron who who came up with the Bud Light marketing was not reacting to cultural change, she was trying to change it on her own, and failed miserably.

Reacting to a cultural shift would apply to those who used rap music in their marketing scheme because it became popular and it did shift culture without the help of politicians or others pushing agendas.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16828 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wife just told me she’s done with Target and she was a big Target shopper, at least once if not 2-3 times a week sometimes. All because they want to commit suicide like Bud Light. Roll Eyes

Posts: 34089 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I had a doctor's appointment today. Even he brought up the unwise decision by Target.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been a big fan of Target and probably only went there a couple of times a year . Always to accompany the wife because it doesn't appeal to me for some reason . Now I have a better reason to avoid it .

Posts: 4120 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
All this talk made me look -

Target Stock info

Kinda feels like a good time to short it if anyone has the guts for such a move.

Posts: 7497 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
"Target shares hit amid Pride merchandising controversy"

Target shareholders are feeling the backlash underway at the retailer as controversy swirls over its Pride merchandising plans, as first reported by Fox News Digital.

Shares slipped 2.7% on Wednesday and have dropped more than 9% this month, with 6% of that decline this week alone, as tracked by Dow Jones Market Data Group. That amounts to $4.2 billon in market value.

Over the same time frame, the S&P 500 has dropped just over 1%.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/ma...andising-controversy

Posts: 7431 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
JHE is right that Target is responding to market forces now. It would respond quite differently if there were no or not enough resistance to its initiative to affect the culture.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29789 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure it’s market forces at work here. It’s more all this DEI/ESG bullshit that these companies are chasing for brownie points.

Posts: 34089 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Target will recover , just like Bud Light sales will . People tend to have short memories about things that they personally like .

Posts: 4120 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Target will recover , just like Bud Light sales will . People tend to have short memories about things that they personally like .

I think there's some truth to that but like when I switched soda pop, you adjust to it. Then everything else tastes like crap.

Often times the forum "bumps to top" a thread as a reminder. As more and more companies come out w/ this shit, it's a btt and people are reminded. It doesn't go away that fast, if it does. And in the end, it's not worth it for the brand.

Posts: 7431 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Beastiality is next
Waiting with baited breath for you to clarify and enlighten us with your superior explanation

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1327 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
They were all over the news and Sigforum in 2016 due to their transgender bathroom and changing room policy.
I have been in the local (Johnson City, TN) Target a number of times between 2016 and 2021. I never saw - or don't remember seeing, but I'm sure I'd have noticed - any of that. I doubt it would have flown.
I bought a car seat from that Target in 2016 for my then 6 year old son to use in my then brand new truck purchased at Johnson City Ford. I don’t recall any bathroom issues.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’m not sure it’s market forces at work here. It’s more all this DEI/ESG bullshit that these companies are chasing for brownie points.
I agree.

Posts: 11176 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Something tells me the silent majority is not as silent as some thought.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38054 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post