SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honeymoon suggestions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honeymoon suggestions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
NH is beautiful this time of year...Specifically my recommendation would be to schedule a couple of classes at the SIG Academy for both of you... Razz

Posts: 3346 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We are doing mini honeymoon in Sequoia National Forest and Yosemite. In about a month, hopefully that will be awesome. Can't wait to see the sequoias.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For our honeymoon; we went on the cheap. We drove my wife's '87 Toyota Tercel to Monticeto for 2 nights, then drove to San Diego for 3 nights. It was nice, but nothing extravegent.

Fast forward to this June, and our 25th Anniversary. We spent 7 Days in Kihei, Maui. Stayed in a nice VRBO condo, and had a great time. Our Balcony/Lanai over looked the ocean, and we could the beach was 3 floors down, and a 30 second walk across the lawn. We had a fabulous, world class dinner at Mama's Fish House.

This was a great vacation, all in about $8K

Posts: 367 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Virgin Gorda, Little Dix Bay

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1101 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Go someplace warm.

You mean a week in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) in January isn't a good idea? Two round trip tickets AND 5 nights in Volgorad's best hotel for a shade over 2k. What a deal!

I always thought something like this would be cool for a honeymoon:

https://sailwindjammer.com/

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
We enjoyed Kauai

Yep, Kauai makes for a fine vacation / honeymoon.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I did not honeymoon here, but I did spend a couple of days. I think that Kamalame Cay would be an outstanding place for a honeymoon, if you want to get away from civilization and spend some relaxing time in absolute luxury.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vegas, baby! Then include Grand Canyon, Sedona and Monument Valley.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Vegas, baby! Then include Grand Canyon, Sedona and Monument Valley.

Funny you should say that. We did Vegas in 95. In December, during the budget shutdown. No parks, no Grand Canyon (the dam was open, though!). Aaaannndd.. we found out the Vegas shows all take vacation just before Christmas.

We laugh about it.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2395 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We went to St Lucia for our anniversary, we stayed at LaToc, I would go back.
We went to St Thomas for our honeymoon, can't remember maybe windham, but it was very nice, and I'd go back there too.
I visited St Martin when in the service, and I recommend it too. French side and a Dutch side, two for one!
Aruba was very nice, I'd go back.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
As has been mentioned, Kauai and/or Maui you can’t go wrong with and Spain is definitely worth looking into. I really liked Girona when I was there in April. Great food and fabulous wines whether you chose a great restaurant or decide on people watching at outdoor cafes. Nice for walking around. The medieval architecture is stunning. It’s also relatively inexpensive and tipping is not customary.

Posts: 6960 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Dominican Republic...look no further.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
We went to St Lucia for our anniversary, we stayed at LaToc, I would go back.
We went to St Thomas for our honeymoon, can't remember maybe windham, but it was very nice, and I'd go back there too.
I visited St Martin when in the service, and I recommend it too. French side and a Dutch side, two for one!
Aruba was very nice, I'd go back.

The Hurricane that hit these islands last year (not Aruba) did major damage and would not recommend going to them right now. There isn't a single national hotel chain with a hotel open in St. Maarten right now and St. Thomas isn't any better off either. St. Lucia might be a little better off, I'm not sure about that one.

If you like water activities and want to do things on your own, without a lot of resort amenities, check out staniel cay yacht club in the exumas, bahamas. They have packages with a nice little cottage that comes with a small boat, use of snorkeling gear, kayaks etc. The water there is truly breath taking. Just look up some youtube videos of the exumas.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What time of year?

You said resorts...lazy type of resort or, lots of activities available type of resort?

Air travel has become dramatically cheaper in the last 10-years, with a bit of planning, you should be able to find a reasonably priced destination.

While not married, my dream getaway is to the Maldives at the Four Seasons.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Jamaica. Montego Bay. We stayed at Sandals. All inclusive. It was to say the least, awesome. (1992) We again went to Montego Bay last year and it was still beautiful. I give Jamaica a 2 thumbs up for the 3x I have been thwr in my life. '79, '92 amd 2017.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Our honeymoon was spent at the Peaks of Otter in VA because we were poor graduate students and were saving our pennies to get our first house...

Ten years later we went to Tahiti and would love to go back...

Twenty years later we spent several weeks in Europe staying in various Castles and brought back a Porsche...would definitely do that again...

Thirty years later we went to the Galápagos Islands and really enjoyed that.

Thirty five years later spent almost a month on an overlanding safari in Botswana and WILL be going back again to Africa...

But if you have your heart set on someplace in the Caribbean and want a low key all inclusive laid back vacation on the best beach in the Caribbean look at The Meridian Club on Pine Key in the Turks and Caicos. It's easy to reach and use the US dollar.
www.meridianclub.com

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Back in my day all that you needed for a great honeymoon was a sturdy bed. Now young folks have "honeymoon practice" for a year or two before they get married, so a great destination is needed. Well alright, the wife and I did have honeymoon practice for a year and a half, but some people didn't. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1731 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
We did the Sandals Grande St. Lucian for our honeymoon. I would do it again in a heartbeat. All-inclusive is the way to go, especially if, like us, you typically live a very frugal lifestyle. It frees you up mentally to really live it up for a week and enjoy yourselves without worrying about how much you're spending. Completely stress free.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5291 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
Dominican Republic...look no further.

I was there to visit friends and attend a wedding, and had a great time in Punta Cana, and a few days in Santo Domingo. The beach resorts were private and very nice (although we did see an enormous Tarantula on our patio in Punta Cana...). The city was a mixed bag, but we were with connected locals and surely fared better than average. I'd stick to the resorts.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
29 years ago my bride and I stayed at Victoria House on Ambergris Key off the coast of Belize. It got washed away in a hurricane since then, but has been rebuilt and looks better (less rustic) than when we honeymooned there. We stayed in a casita on the beach-it had more privacy than those pictured in the link below:

https://www.victoria-house.com...ommodations/casitas/

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post