SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honeymoon suggestions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honeymoon suggestions Login/Join 
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted
I would like to hear about your experiences with your honeymoon destinations. Interested in hearing about both good and bad experiences with any island resorts.

Appreciate your input.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
2015, my wife and I went on Safari in South Africa at the Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge. Absolutely by far the best vacation I've ever been on. I would do it again in a second. I still think about it.

Sadly though, I'm not sure how wise it is to travel to South Africa nowadays. And i realize I'm saying that only three years later.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We were broke college kids. Our honeymoon took place in January between semesters. I had the bright idea of going skiing in upper Michigan. It was about 10 degrees below zero. I would not recommend this.

For our 25th, I took her to the Cayman Islands and we spent a week on Seven Mile Beach. That was a much better trip. Big Grin

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
How about Aruba? Not to far, easy to deal with.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My wife and I did a Safari in Kenya for our honeymoon about a year ago. It was a fantastic experience and I would not trade it for a dozen island vacations.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Zealand! One of the prettiest places on earth. English speaking, increadible safe, woh many iconic destinations. Only other country I would move to.

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
What time of year?

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
My wife and I did a Caribbean cruise, and it was great. Once you’re on th boat, it’s all easy sailing, every day you wake up some where new, with no flying, driving, or worrying about it. It was very relaxing.

Posts: 1634 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will second Aruba. We were young and did not have a lot of bucks, but had a terrific time.

Posts: 431 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
What are you looking for?

Chill on a beach with a swim-up bar and just relax or something with more of an adventure?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
We went to San Fran in 94. It was wonderful. Tons of great things to do, all walking and cable car distances. Plenty of wine, great food and Irish coffee.

I hear it's not so nice now. The word, "shit hole" was one descriptor relayed to me. Maybe one to scratch from the list early. Sonoma and Napa were wonderful though, and likely still are. But not as much variety to do there..

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Arizona.

Buy you and your loved one an MP-5 with a matching Thompson 1927-A plus several thousand rounds. Big Grin

The practical side of me brings up boring crap like putting the money toward the principal / down payment on a house, layering I bonds, Roth IRA, etc... or a C7 Corvette.

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed Kauai

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Flights to Europe have become quite reasonable.
My Honeymoon was in England, then to Wales.
Wales was fantastic. Loved it.

If I were to do it again, I'd Honeymoon in Spain.
Fly into Barcelona, for the beach, I'd go to Begur, then swing over to the Pyrenees... Parc Nacionale is fantastic near Torla.

Felt very comfortable in Spain and prices were reasonable.

I'd stay away from the South, where there is a heavey tourist influx... the locals seem a bit irritayted at their behaviour (not Americans).

The Catalonia was really a great area.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7190 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
What do you like to do? What would you like to see/experience? What time of year?

Too many questions for an answer.

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
My wife and I did a Safari in Kenya for our honeymoon about a year ago. It was a fantastic experience and I would not trade it for a dozen island vacations.

Indeed. I'd give up the next ten years of "vacations" for another safari experience like I had at Madikwe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Go someplace warm.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I like sandals resorts. Did my ex-wifes honeymoon at one in St. Lucia, went a little overboard on that trip. We got Villa with personal pool you could open up living room door and step into, pretty cool. We also had their butler and concierge service. You could, and I did order a six pack and a pizza to your room at 2 AM. Anything you wanted brought to your door any time.

Loved the swim up bars and beach cookouts. One problem if you're like me and like fine dining, all inclusive is not that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Los Suenos

Posts: 1319 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My wife and I stayed here, villa Stella on lido in Venice . Websites have rooms as low as $90 a night in May and Sept. June-Aug will be more.

http://www.villastella.com/gallery.html

https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/villastella.html

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post