SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clapton: Layla
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clapton: Layla Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
Clapton did a mini-concert in an alley behind a leather goods store in Skokie, Illinios in the summer of 1969 with Delaney & Bonnie.

Great story, nice pictures.

I did a little Photoshop enhancement to a couple so I could see better....

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
An entire thread and no mention of how this song was AMAZING and perfect for the scene???

(SF YT embedder not working today BTW)

Goodfellas - Layla Scene

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
You'll never hear it sound as good as the original again. Duane's been gone for over 50 years now.

Listen to Tedeschi Trucks Band "Layla Revisited" concert album.

The did the entire album without announcing it in advance during a show in late 2019. Derek Trucks is the spiritual successor of Duane in so many ways. I saw him a couple times with the Allman Brothers, but he has continued to get better since then. Trey Anastasio and Doyle Bramhall joined in for the concert too.

It's really that good.

https://www.youtube
.com/watch?v=gCL4o6i5934

Enjoyed that thank you. I’ve seen this band several times and will again next July in Saratoga NY at SPAC. They are as good as it gets!

Posts: 2078 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I was supposed to be introduced to him once at Buddy Guy's Legends in Chicago many years ago. Unfortunately he never showed up that night.

The whole Layla album is cool!

Also he is the guitar on the Beatle's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

Posts: 6623 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, joel9507... Wink

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post