SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wood Eye Candy - Take a look: Update: website added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood Eye Candy - Take a look: Update: website added Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
It's a fun hobby. Smile

Indeed, it is a fun hobby, for us it's a business but still fun. Very nice work, I'm always impressed when I see segmented work, lots of work with fitting the pieces together but a great result.

Love the variety of items you make !

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I went out and looked at your website.
Absolutely stunning pieces. You just can't find anything close to this in the normal retail outlets.

We have done a number of segmented turning but unfortunately, our family members ended up with most of them. Smile

We like to work with resin.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I went out and looked at your website.
Absolutely stunning pieces. You just can't find anything close to this in the normal retail outlets.

We have done a number of segmented turning but unfortunately, our family members ended up with most of them. Smile

We like to work with resin.

Thats some seriously nice turning, love segment work, Powermatic makes a nice lathe don't they? Turning_gal and I have matching Oneway 2436's across from each other in the shop. Both are top of the line lathes!

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:

Powermatic makes a nice lathe don't they? Turning_gal and I have matching Oneway 2436's across from each other in the shop. Both are top of the line lathes!

I've really enjoyed the Powermatic. I also have a Grizzly G0766 and a small Jet. Each have their place depending on the project.

I was looking at the Oneway and Robust but both were a little outside my price range. They are top of the line and beautiful machines.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Love the pepper mill! I've saved a couple of pepper mill mechanisms but there's in a basemented box ...

Well Big Grin Here are my latest efforts. Stave vessels 18-21 slats, depending on who's counting. Reclaimed cedar. Sitting upon a red spruce shelf, some of that repurposed pre-war drawer bottom.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Simply put, beautiful work!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post