SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wood Eye Candy - Take a look: Update: website added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood Eye Candy - Take a look: Update: website added Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted
For those woodworkers & turners I thought you might enjoy our latest creation. A lighthouse pepper grinder made with Maple, Padauk (Africa) & Black Palm top sitting on a maple burl cap from the pacific northwest.

Turning_gal and I are headed to Michigan in a few weeks for two art shows, I have several of these made, even if they don't sell it is great eye candy to bring people in the booth.

Enjoy...

Updated to add the website: https://www.valleyriverartists.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig229-SAS,

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Great craftsmanship!

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Amazing work! Never would have guessed what it was from the photo alone

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!!

Can't imagine they won't fly out of the booth
Big Grin

Perfect for here.

Whereabouts in Michigan, may i ask?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

We will be in a small town just outside Detroit, Northville, on June 16/17/18, the following weekend we will be in Grand Haven. In early August we will be back in Michigan in Suttons Bay.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Jim, as always your work is astounding!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Your stuff is always gorgeous. Another masterpiece.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Please drop a link in this thread for your website. I am in the market for a new pepper grinder.

Thanks,

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too would like a link.

If it can't be posted, please shoot me an email

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am interested in a link or email as well.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work! I love it.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Nice work, sir.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:

We will be in a small town just outside Detroit, Northville, on June 16/17/18, the following weekend we will be in Grand Haven. In early August we will be back in Michigan in Suttons Bay.

Many thanks and from the nephew of a potter, wishing you all the best!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Really cool

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I don't think Jim will mind... Here's his website (he may have another as well):

https://www.valleyriverartists.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:

You won't be far from me being in Northville for the show. Make sure you bring your camera when you go to Grand Haven.

I'll see if I'm free that weekend

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it hasn’t sold, I’ll buy it

That’s a perfect thank you present for some family friends whom are graciously taking my family out on their boat to spread our fathers ashes off the coast from Marblehead next month

Email sent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
That’s some cool talent there!, I really like your creations!! Talented people on this forum.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
If it hasn’t sold, I’ll buy it

That’s a perfect thank you present for some family friends whom are graciously taking my family out on their boat to spread our fathers ashes off the coast from Marblehead next month

Email sent

Reply sent with purchase details.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous work Sir.

I know what goes into projects like this.
I hope to turn some pepper mills in the near future.

Here are a few we've done. It's a fun hobby. Smile

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post