SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canada’s PM latest blackface scandal
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada’s PM latest blackface scandal Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Looks like Trudeau is going to try to distract from his scandal by going after 'military style assault rifles' in Canada Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'll accept his apologies if he has a moonwalk competition with Governor Northam. Winner take all, whoever loses resigns their office.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I didn’t know that “military-style assault rifles” were a crime problem in Canada. Does this mean that the Lee-Enfield No.4 rifle is in danger too; after all, the Canadian Army “assaulted” the Germans at Normandy with them. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
I didn’t know that “military-style assault rifles” were a crime problem in Canada. Does this mean that the Lee-Enfield No.4 rifle is in danger too; after all, the Canadian Army “assaulted” the Germans at Normandy with them. Roll Eyes

It’s a “military grade firearm” as it’s designed for the battlefield.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Posted by Evan Nappen (Gun rights attorney) on his FB page:

“Typical behavior. Get caught in a scandal and then call for gun control. The media always goes for it. Gun control is the refuge of a scoundrel.”

(By the way, if you have Facebook, I suggest “friending” him. He’s originally from NJ, but now lives in NH and often posts a lot of good info in terms of laws and legislation)

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's utterly silly and completely harmless, and I'm laughing my ass off. It makes me happy when my enemies are roasted by their own rulesets.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
But as pressure piles up on Trudeau, he steadfastly refuses to resign...

Yet because it’s nice-guy Justin, the one who REALLY cares, he gets a pass.

Well sorry, but the double standard absolutely stinks.

If this had been Stephen Harper he would have been ridden out of Ottawa on a rail

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This clown may be out of a job very soon. Sounds like he was involved in some kind of underage relationship while teaching at a school:

From Zero Hedge:

quote:

Trudeau Rumored To Be In Talks To Suppress Potentially Career-Ending Sex Scandal

Somehow, the Liberal Party has managed to minimize the blowback from Justin Trudeau's 'blackface' scandal, and with two weeks to go until election day, is still well within the margin of error in most polls.

But there might be another scandal in the works. According to a report in the Buffalo Chronicle, the party is doing everything in its power to suppress a sex scandal involving Trudeau and the daughter of a wealthy Canadian businessman who Trudeau reportedly may have become involved with when she was a student at West Point Grey Academy, a prestigious private school where Trudeau worked as a substitute teacher in his 20s.

The Chronicle's sources claim that political observers had been anticipating an expose in Saturday's Globe and Mail. However, it appears Trudeau and his people have gotten to the woman, and are in the process of negotiating an NDA. The woman is being represented by counsel, and is reportedly being offered monetary compensation.

Trudeau worked as a substitute teacher at the private school from 1999 until an abrupt departure in June 2001. It has long been rumored that Trudeau had improper relations with female students while working at the school, though nothing has ever been substantiated.

The prime minister was briefly embroiled in a sexual harassment scandal after being accused of "groping" a reporter back in 2000. Trudeau swiftly acknowledged that he was wrong and apologized for groping the reporter.

But a sex scandal involving a potentially underage student would likely end his political career.

Link

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post