SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canada’s PM latest blackface scandal
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada’s PM latest blackface scandal Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmm. Something...just SOMETHING...wants me to say there MIGHT be a double standard here??? But then again, I ain't woke. Yuh know what I mean, homie?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^Yeah, and I wonder why that shit right there is perfectly fine. That stupid film is broadcast all the time. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wonder why this hasn't raised anyone's ire yet....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
ESPECIALLY with a reference to and the insensitivity of the mentally challenged...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Because for the most part Downey Jr isn't a "woke" leftist, pandering hypocritical hack. Or something like that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“....wary of being definitive.....”
That translate to I’m not sure how many more incidents are out there lurking.

He also said earlier that he has a penchant for costumes and role playing.

Once is happenstance,
Twice is a coincidence,
Three times is a trend,
Four times?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's an election coming up in Canada, yes? When is it?

Trudeau lacks the humility to be embarrassed, and shame doesn't even enter into the picture. And when I say 'shame' and 'embarrassment', I'm not talking about this phony "racism" or "cultural appropriation" horse shit. I'm talking being ashamed and embarrassed about getting exposed for the gigantic hypocrite he has been revealed to be. A man who posseessed humility would be ashamed and embarrassed. Instead, we get more completely phony posturing from this douchebag about "my privileged upbringing blinded me to the wrongness of my actions." Bitch, in the most recent of these (so far revealed) incidents, you were 29 years old. Twenty-nine, shit head- old enough to know better. Who in the fuck do you thing you're fooling?

But, it may cost him an election because Canadian voters are fed up with his stupid crap. When is the election?

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
October 21st.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good. Excellent timing.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Because it was for the lulz. Hard to be mad when you’re laughing. That, and he’s also Iron Man. Hollywood elites get a free pass as long as people see them on screen and find them attractive.

FWIW, I waffled back and forth between ending each of those sentences with a question mark but didn’t want to seem like I was mocking you so much as agreeing with your point. I think it works either way.

As for Trudeau, I’ll go ahead and enjoy him getting found out by the cancel culture jackals. The weapons they’ve wielded against conservatives are now being turned against them. When the libtarded left-coast radio newspiece says that he’s not being called to step down by his side of government just like Ralph Northam etc, it weakens the magic of that spell. If, and when they manage to dig up some conservative in “brown face” or “makeup,” all they need do is point at these assclowns and how they kept their jobs and say “so jam it up your ass. Gently, or vigorously; your choice, but jam it up your ass all the same.”

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Que voulez-vous dire 'vous les gens'?" Wink

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I apologize for posting something that was already posted. I looked and didn’t see it.

Okay, first off, it’s canadian politics, so I don’t really care that much...

But hold the phone. The guy dresses up as Aladdin, and because he put in makeup that made his skin darker, he is now a racist and forced to apologize? Are you fucking kidding me?

If I dress up on Halloween as a skeleton, do I have to go to the local cemetery and apologize?

If my wife (Korean woman) dresses up as Wonder Woman, is it racist if she wears light skinned makeup?

What in the hell is wrong with the world nowadays. I’m in absolute disbelief.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jericho Green's take on Justin T in blackface;
he's a little foul, but usually has some common sense points- nsfw without earbuds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14N4EvXnHtA

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
I think there is more to it.
The next bombshell will be that he is a “furry” enthusiast. Possibly frequenting furry conventions.

Or he might be a "Brony." (This truly wouldn't surprise me a bit.) Or an Equestranot.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
But he's a good liberal and he apologized. So it's ok .

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Guys a douche bag but this digging through peoples past to play gotcha is bullshit. I had some friends dress up as the Jackson Five when I was younger. No malicious intent, they just liked the Jackson Five and thought it would be fun. Nobody gave a shit. Thank God none of them became famous our their careers would be over due to some silly crap they did when they were young.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I apologize for posting something that was already posted. I looked and didn’t see it.

Okay, first off, it’s canadian politics, so I don’t really care that much...

But hold the phone. The guy dresses up as Aladdin, and because he put in makeup that made his skin darker, he is now a racist and forced to apologize? Are you fucking kidding me?

If I dress up on Halloween as a skeleton, do I have to go to the local cemetery and apologize?

If my wife (Korean woman) dresses up as Wonder Woman, is it racist if she wears light skinned makeup?

What in the hell is wrong with the world nowadays. I’m in absolute disbelief.

Well not really. In this case a world class virtue signalling smug asshole got outed as a hypocrite. His immediate response was to call his actions racist and apologize. He was only forced by circumstances. Also for the past four years he has made a habit of providing official apologies for every imaginable historical s’ight And even went as far as declaring the Canadian government complicit in genocide.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I'm old enough to remember when Justin's daddy was PM. He was a douche bag too, but everyone gave him a pass because he dated HOT women. Not trying to be funny, that is the truth.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Blackface Trudeau should apply the same high horse standards to himself that he applies to everyone else – and demand his own racist head on a plate

So, let me get this absolutely straight…

Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Canada and arguably the most woke, virtue-signalling and PC-crazed leader in the history of Mankind – or ‘Peoplekind’ as he insisted we rename it last year - turns out to have a rather cracked halo?

Wow. I’m so shocked…not.

I’ve not met a high-horse rider yet who doesn’t eventually tumble off into a pit of shameless hypocrisy.

But I’ve got to hand it to Trudeau, when he fell, he really FELL.

For a guy so keen to paint himself as the male Mother Teresa, the revelation that he has literally painted himself to appropriate non-white skin color is a bombshell from which I doubt he will ever recover.

Because like all holier-than-thou preachers caught with their metaphorical trousers down, Trudeau’s whole USP just crashed and burned.

Until yesterday, this guy was the very epitome of liberal self-righteousness, a caring, sharing bundle of worthy concern.

Now he’s been forced to admit he’s the thing his fans despise most - a racist.

Or rather, he says he WAS a racist but isn’t any more.

In an impromptu news conference aboard his campaign plane last night, Trudeau responded to a report by TIME magazine and admitted it was indeed him pictured in ‘brownface’ in a yearbook from West Point Grey Academy.

He had attended an ‘Arabian Nights’ party in a turban and with his face painted dark brown.

‘I shouldn’t have done that,’ a stern, ashen Trudeau said. ‘I take responsibility for it. It was a dumb thing to do. I’m disappointed in myself. I’m p****d-off at myself for having done it. I wish I hadn’t done it but I did and I apologize for it. I should have known better but I didn’t.’

So far, so predictably self-flagellating; Trudeau knows the only way out of this Grand Canyon sized hole he’s in is to beat himself up.

But there are two problems with his statement.

First, he wasn’t a young student at the time of his Arabian Nights’ brownface stunt - he was a 29-year-old teacher.

And this wasn’t 1951, it was 2001, so the explanation that a man of nearly thirty had no idea that painting his face brown to an Arabian Nights party might be racist doesn’t fly, especially as TIME reports he was the ONLY person there in brownface.

Second, it wasn’t his only venture into the face-painting arena.

Pressed to disclose if there were other incidents like this, Trudeau admitted to wearing ‘blackface’ at a high school talent show, where he sang “Day-O”, the song made famous by black singer and civil rights campaigner Harry Belafonte.

Sure enough, CBS News soon located a photo of him performing at that show in blackface.

And a few hours later, a third incident emerged in which he was seen with blackface in a video, apparently from the ‘early 1990s’ - laughing, pulling faces and sticking his tongue out.

So Trudeau’s a serial offender, and I would imagine yet more embarrassing images will soon be unraveled as the media swarm over this growing scandal.

The timing is particularly damaging because Trudeau is facing an election in several weeks time.

But the far greater damage is to his carefully honed reputation as Mr Progressive, the great defender of multiculturalism and racial tolerance.

As the Prime Minister himself conceded last night, this kind of racist face-painting is ‘a significant thing that is very hurtful’ to ‘communities and people who live with intersectionalities and face discrimination.’

Mustafa Farooq, executive director of the National Council of Canadian Muslims, said: ‘Seeing the Prime Minister in brownface/blackface is deeply saddening. The wearing of blackface/brownface is reprehensible and hearkens back to a history of racism which is unacceptable.’

Yes it is.

But as pressure piles up on Trudeau, he steadfastly refuses to resign.

And by insisting it’s not a resignation matter, he lays himself open to the charge of stunning hypocrisy.

Because we all know how he would have responded if one of his rivals was caught in this situation – he’d take the high moral ground, an area that frankly he rarely leaves, and furiously demand their head on a plate.

And we also know exactly how his supporters would have responded too.

We’ve seen in America how incensed liberals get over blackface.

NBC star Megyn Kelly was banished from the airwaves last year after musing that it didn’t used to be deemed offensive to do it on Halloween.

Kelly never actually blackfaced herself, but that didn’t matter as she became the sacrificial lamb to a howling mob of outraged liberals who’d never forgiven her for working at Fox News.

I detest the modern cancel culture.

It perfectly exemplifies the hysterically over-the-top reaction to everything by largely snowflake millennials who want anyone they disagree with to be obliterated.

I particularly detest the rank hypocrisy of those who practice cancel culture. The same high profile liberals who demanded Kelly’s head on a plate are not doing the same with Trudeau, even though he repeatedly did the very thing she only talked about.

They are all lining up to praise his ‘honesty’, and his ‘sincere apology.’

This, we’re assured, is a very much a ‘teachable moment’ that he should survive.

Hmmm.

It’s not ‘honest’ to keep this blackface habit a secret for two decades until the press uncovers it.

And as for sincere apologies and teachable moments, Megyn Kelly made an abject tearful mea culpa on air and it made zero difference to the mob.

The only lesson she got was that there’s one rule for conservatives on such matters, and quite another for liberals.

Can you even begin to imagine how the same people defending Trudeau today would react if this was Donald Trump who’d been caught wearing blackface.

They would want him instantly hounded out of office.

Yet because it’s nice-guy Justin, the one who REALLY cares, he gets a pass.

Well sorry, but the double standard absolutely stinks.

Justin Trudeau’s feeling shame-faced and red-faced over his brownface and blackface.

But it’s his barefaced hypocrisy that should render his position untenable.

Live by the woke cancel culture, die by it.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Para, well said and well written. +1

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post