SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg had a beer named after her by Samuel Adams
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg had a beer named after her by Samuel Adams Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
I find this bizarre. I mean seriously, why, Sam Adams, are you doing this. Ugh.

I like Samuel Adams and am a fan of many of their offerings, but I can guarantee you this particular beer will never see the inside of my fridge or my gullet.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg had a beer named after her

BY MORGAN SUNG
13 HOURS AGO
Raise a glass to RBG with the beer dedicated to her.

Samuel Adams is naming a new Belgian Brut IPA in honor of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It's part of the company's annual contribution to the Pink Boots Society, a nonprofit for women in the brewing industry, according to the Boston Globe. The collab was inspired by International Women's Day, which was earlier this month.

The new brew is named after Ginsburg's iconic response to the question, "When will there be enough women on the Supreme Court?"

You can grab a pint of 'When There Are Nine' at the on March 29.

"When there are nine," the Justice quipped, an answer that inspired countless pins, t-shirts, posters, and now, a beer.

According to Samuel Adams' event page for the "When There Are Nine" launch, the company wanted to "name it Brut Bader Ginsburg," but their legal team "dissented."

The Samuel Adams taproom in Boston is launching "When There Are Nine" on March 29 with a plank contest, a nod to the 86-year-old Justice's rigorous workout routines. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Pink Boots Society and the ACLU's Women's Rights Project.

It'll be an opportunity to chug in the name of equality. (Barf Roll Eyes)

Link

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If they didn't brew it with prune juice, then it isn't authentic.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'd try some and not GAF

Posts: 5348 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Generally, beer is considered past its prime when it tastes old, stale and musty.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they used formaldehyde to brew it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I'd try some and not GAF

Well enjoy it. The last thing I want to do though when drinking a beer is think about her or be forced to think about politics.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Merely a marketing campaign aimed at the mindless "hipster/millennial" crowd that has helped create the craft beer micro brewery fad. They are simply trying to get back part of the market share they have lost out on recently.

I'm not a fan of beer so no love lost from me, but I'd expect more of it in the future since the beer industry as a whole is going a different direction.

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Witches brew! If you want a brut IPA I'd go with Sierra Nevada.

https://sierranevada.com/beer/seasonal/brut-ipa

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
But if someone brewed some foul swill and called it "Nino Scalia's Favorite," you'd drink it?

I don't care what they call it. Is it any good?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Must be bitter with a long aftertaste.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5647 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
But if someone brewed some foul swill and called it "Nino Scalia's Favorite," you'd drink it?

I don't care what they call it. Is it any good?

Think that's Balze's point. No need to bring politics into something like beer, unless you are courting the dolt's that fall for cheap marketing. It could be the best stuff ever and I'll never try it....wanna know why? I am not their target audience. Just another reason to hate everything about the left. Every chance they get, they try to jab a thumb in the right's eye. Instead of something more neutral, they went with a polarizing political figure just because. It was on purpose with a specific intent. Let's see if it works out like they hoped.

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That style is hideous IMO so I think it’s appropriate.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Instead of beer aren't liberals more closely associated with whine?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
That style is hideous IMO so I think it’s appropriate.

I totally agree!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought you meant THE Samuel Adams had maned a beer after her, like when they were younger! Big Grin

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I used to like Sam Adams, no more for me

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well...IPA is pretty bitter and nasty...the similarities are there so it does make sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Honestly, who cares?

Sam Adams sells beer, and is doing a charity with Womens Day. So what.

Chic-Fil-A apparently hates gays or whatever.

Benchmade doesn't support the second amendment. Yee-frickin-haw.

Can we all just not buy the things we don't want to buy without making a big deal out of it?

Dick's are dicks, Levi-Straus are also dicks, and so on and on and on. If you pay attention to every company and product you buy, you might find you can't buy any products, if you continually connect them with politics.

I'd say that companies making donations to anti-2A causes is something to note, but seriously it doesn't matter at all that Sam Adams named a beer after a Supreme Court Justice. Let's all be selective about the things we bother paying attention to, or even being remotely perturbed about. Much less, upset.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27021 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
I'm not so sure they would be in favor of nine female supreme court justices if they didn't toe the liberal line.

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I'll never understand businesses who think it's a good idea to alienate consumers by sticking their nose in politics.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post