SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg had a beer named after her by Samuel Adams
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg had a beer named after her by Samuel Adams Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Merely a marketing campaign aimed at the mindless "hipster/millennial" crowd that has helped create the craft beer micro brewery fad. They are simply trying to get back part of the market share they have lost out on recently.

I'm not a fan of beer so no love lost from me, but I'd expect more of it in the future since the beer industry as a whole is going a different direction.

the owner is known to fund a lot of start up and smaller breweries, and actually buy them up as well,

his market share may be off (not in the business any longer to get numbers) but he surely is not hurting, or likely worried

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
is it ironic if "When There Are Nine" only comes in a six pack?

There's really nothing Belgian about "Belgian IPA", it's a trendy bastardized style that's pretty much unknown there. Just an IPA that's been brewed using a different yeast strain.

It does sound like a bastard style. Belgians are one of my favorite styles, but I don't want an IPA hopped Belgian.

Flying Dog's Raging Bitch and Ommegang's BPA are actually really good IPA's brewed with Belgian Ale Yeast

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Just another reason to keep drinking Yeungling.

That and a taste for forgettable beer.

People rave about this stuff, but it turned out to just a slightly better version of any American factory beer to my taste. What a disappointment.

I think the only people who rave about it are those who can’t get it often for some reason.

I agree though, nothing super great about it. But it’s a nice option for a cheap lager on wing night.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One sip and you slump over passed out.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Honestly, who cares?

Sam Adams sells beer, and is doing a charity with Womens Day. So what.

Chic-Fil-A apparently hates gays or whatever.

Benchmade doesn't support the second amendment. Yee-frickin-haw.

Can we all just not buy the things we don't want to buy without making a big deal out of it?

Dick's are dicks, Levi-Straus are also dicks, and so on and on and on. If you pay attention to every company and product you buy, you might find you can't buy any products, if you continually connect them with politics.

I'd say that companies making donations to anti-2A causes is something to note, but seriously it doesn't matter at all that Sam Adams named a beer after a Supreme Court Justice. Let's all be selective about the things we bother paying attention to, or even being remotely perturbed about. Much less, upset.

Exactly my point. I think it is silly to get in a twist over this. It makes us look just as snow-flakey as the left.

I couldn't agree more with Arc and JHE. It is silly to get bent out of shape over certain things that don't really matter.

Now, lets go have a Duvel or Delirium Tremens or Nocturnum. Cool

CW

This message has been edited. Last edited by: C L Wilkins,

Posts: 3204 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I should brew some beer and name it "When there are none". Ruth's I mean, not women. Wink

I could go for some "Ruthless Imperial Stout"

Posts: 15036 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:

Now, lets go have a Duvel or Delirium Tremens or Nocturnal. Cool

CW

Duvel and Delirium Tremens are my favorite beers. Now if only they didn't cost nearly five freakin' dollars a bottle here!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30429 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Samuel Adams Brewing is way past its prime. I wouldn't rate a single one of their brews as Top 10 in its class.

Let them pander to the hipsters and soy-bois.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, they did go to school together so I suppose its only fair

its only beer, not the end of the world

and its not a terribly great beer at that

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53226 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:

Now, lets go have a Duvel or Delirium Tremens or Nocturnal. Cool

CW

Duvel and Delirium Tremens are my favorite beers. Now if only they didn't cost nearly five freakin' dollars a bottle here!

Tremens, please,

or better yet, a Noel

Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
well, they did go to school together so I suppose its only fair

its only beer, not the end of the world

and its not a terribly great beer at that
I've never liked it that much. Now I will not buy another bottle.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I'll bet the brew is foul, bitter, and sitting in back of the top shelf long past its due date...

OK, I hadn't thought of that. You got something lying around that tastes so evil you could not get rid of any other way, "hey wait, we stick a different label on it and these idiots will buy it."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jigray3,

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post