SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TX/OK/AR Snowpocalypse 2023
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TX/OK/AR Snowpocalypse 2023 Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where are you located, are you in the Austin area?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16695 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
An inch of ice in my yard. Outdoor cats appear OK -- they have a shelter with some warmth available and I feed them every day. My 4 indoor cats and I are staying home today and tomorrow. I've got enough food for all of us, but hope the power stays on. Choir practice tonight has been canceled, along with all church activities through tomorrow.

I've been watching traffic reports and it appears that a lot of folks are taking the warnings seriously.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tyler. I mean the trees are pretty iced which is causing the problems.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ice is still running about a quarter of an inch on the branches, broken tree branches are on the ground everywhere, no one's driving any further than they can avoid, power went out at one point or another for about 23% of the country (28% for Austin Energy customers). Precipitation continues, but nothing heavy again (yet?).

The good news is that we're supposed to climb above freezing sometime after midnight and stay above it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post