SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Give me your response to the question: What are your pronouns?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Give me your response to the question: What are your pronouns? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
She/It (say it fast)

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
She/It (say it fast)

^^^ Texan in da hizzy … lol

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Your pronouns could be a color (actual color, not a word) and a photograph. The possibilities are endless.

"My pronuns are (cracks knuckles) and (vomits)."

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I have no pronouns. You may refer to me by my given name.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Hee Haw

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
In that case, you mean "You may refer to dgshuter by dgshuter's given name.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:

Denied!

We must know your kinks!

No kink-shaming now … lol

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Your pronouns could be a color (actual color, not a word) and a photograph. The possibilities are endless.

"My pronuns are (cracks knuckles) and (vomits)."

There's a Laurie & Fry skit not far off from this.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankly, after hearing that my kid was asked this question I’d be wondering about what other weird questions this teacher might ask during the remainder of the class. I’d think about scheduling an appointment with the principal of the school. You might learn that the teacher’s question is required by the district; perhaps the teacher was acting on their own. Write your questions down beforehand, have someone else look them over and then stick to the script. I hate to seem paranoid, however, I’d reschedule the meeting if you show up and other people are in the meeting that you did not expect.

Getting some answers from the school’s administration might help you to plan next steps.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Piz/za

Only because everybody loves pizza.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I'ma go with fah/q.

Maybe yee/yee.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
His Royal Highness

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
She/It (say it fast)

I normally say I, me, mine. But PK’s is better.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I told my kid to say, “your royal highness” & “your majesty “. And if he does that I’ll take him out for ice cream.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Son: “A pronoun is part of a sentence. I am a human being and not a sentence; therefore, what do you mean teacher?”

Teacher: “I mean how do you identify yourself?”

Son: “I am a human being.”

Teacher: “I mean how do you identify your gender?”

Son: “Well there are boys and girls. I was born a boy.”

Teacher: “But do you identify yourself as a boy?”

Son: “You are making me feel very uncomfortable and I feel you are sexually harassing me. I would like to speak to someone to make a complaint.”

Obviously I am being snarky but this shit is getting ridiculous. I see people putting their “pronoun” now in an email signature line. This shit is out of control. I don’t care if someone is gay or lesbian as I have friends of both, but trying to break things down so far as pronouns and LGBTQ is too much. You are a human who likes what you like. Leave it at that and people should respect it, but pushing all this on others to then identify themselves is too much.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Yea, I'm debating a conversation with the principal but I'm sure she's as woke as the rest.

Your/his highness works!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even chocolate has preferred pronouns nowadays: Her/She

Posts: 311 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I am the Lord Humungus, warrior of the wasteland, and the ayatollah of rock-and-rollah

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JackBlundell:
Even chocolate has preferred pronouns nowadays: Her/She

I love a Whatchamacallit! That is what I am, a Whatchamacallit! I am going to go buy and eat one tomorrow!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I prefer to be called Mr. Daniel Lumis.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post