SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
Not yet, should be any day for 5.56. On detail, but will check in again on Monday with them and see where we're at, maybe shipping delays with hurricanes? Appreciate the patience, will post info as soon as I have it.

Any update on the 5.56, Mr. Beagle?

My shooting buddy and business partner, Andy, flew out this weekend to shoot a match and stopped over at our supplier's offices to check on our 5.56 order. He'll be back this week to give me more details, but from what I gather all the components are at the supplier and they're just waiting on cases (some sort of supply chain issue). I appreciate everyone's patience and will keep you posted as I get additional information.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also found one round, what would have made the 200th, severely compromised by a bad, off-center pressing. I’ll shoot you a picture of it when I get home in a few weeks. It would probably have chambered and probably would have led to a significant failure had I not caught it (but it was very obvious when loading).

I definitely want to follow up with you when you get back and make sure that we make it right.

These reviews are really helpful in identifying what went right and more importantly what went wrong, so keep them coming warts and all and so far: 298 known working, 1 FTF, 1 off center primer.

Packaging has been the major concern and the supplier is addressing it with a higher grade of cardboard.

(I did not know this was a thing. After some research, there's apparently all sorts of litigation for companies supplying the wrong kind of cardboard and the contents getting crushed as a result. News to me.)

Keep 'em coming!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
God, don't ya know that SOME in the Biden fiasco are aware of this? And that their blood pressure is going thru the roof?! I can't stop chuckling. Good job, Beagle! And Good Job, Para!! (Can't stop smiling - sorry)

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I hope this doesn't come off sounding greedy, but I'm hoping this was such a success that it could be done again in the future.

Thank you again, Mr. Beagle.

God bless America.

Posts: 13402 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDIT: Our original supplier has a bottleneck on cases, so we exercised an options contract with a second supplier to meet our needs.

We were working the problem expecting solution by Friday, now expecting rounds Wednesday.

Good: We have all the 5.56 secured. We incurred some additional cost but there’s no price increase to you and we can absorb it.

Bad: It’s shipping to us instead of directly to you. There’s a lot of boxes coming…

Ugly: I expect it to be Monday at the earliest for us to get it shipped back out to members. Frown

I should have a (late) update Wednesday for everyone. Again, you’ve all been incredibly encouraging and patient and I’m really looking forward to everyone getting their boxes and getting out to shoot!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Legal Beagle,

posted Hide Post
IT'S HERE!! I'm pretty sure my UPS delivery guy hates my guts, because 400+ lbs and eight cartons later, we finally have 5.56 in hand. We'll be busy breaking it down and repacking it soon, ready for your shooting enjoyment. Big Grin I'm incredibly thankful for all of you supporting the group buy and stoked beyond belief that we were able to get it all in well before Christmas!!

posted Hide Post
I see light at the end of the tunnel!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All broken down, got shipping stuff together, our FFL is handling shipping logistics for us, so expecting it to go out the door on Wednesday!! Big Grin I am super, super stoked!!

posted Hide Post
Thank you Legal Beagle!!! You are our hero!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the labels are created and all the boxes are waiting for the big brown truck. Everyone should get some emails with tracking numbers and I hope y’all have a great weekend!!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. Let's try to get out on the range with your new rifle ammo and give us some feedback before too long.

Posts: 107232 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boxes should hit porches tomorrow!!

posted Hide Post
It has been a little while and I haven’t seen a notification or update about 5.56, anybody know anything?

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give me a shout - your ammo should have arrived a while ago. I’ll help you run it to ground.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Got my 5.56 almost 2 weeks ago. Packaging was intact, no issues.

Posts: 11146 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the rifle ammo? I'm surprised to see no reports.

posted Hide Post
Legal Beagle, I sent an updated email a few days (11/17)ago. Please check, thanks.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay but I’m on it, working with UPS to generate the label. (They were supposed to send me one, should have it sorted tomorrow afternoon [11/24].)

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
I had a range day seeking zero with AR’s this afternoon. 100 rounds of the 5.56 received in the Buy was used. Wish I had brought more. No issues with the ammo. Thanks again for organizing all this.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Any further reports on the performance of the rifle ammo?