SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife’s heart valve repair/replacement
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife’s heart valve repair/replacement Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the good wishes.

The doc as able to repair the faulty mitral valve. They were not able to do a side entry so went through the sternum so she is now a member of the zipper club.

All seems to be well. Doc is pleased with progress.

She is sore and somewhat weak but is able to crack wise. RN humor. She’s back. Feels like she is ill, something like having the flu. Aches, malaise, no appetite, like being hit by a truck I suppose.

She'll be here at Austin heart for awhile, but I am grateful that this place is a nice facility with a wonderful professional staff.

Thanks again for your concern, good wishes, prayers, thoughts etc.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. Hoping for a quick recovery.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Like being hit by a truck. Yep. That describes it. Wink

Repair is a much better outcome than replacement.

She will be fine.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear the good news! I can relate on the zipper and discomfort! It hurts to breathe. Then to have doctors ask you to take a deep breath..... Give her our best!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Great to hear news like that. Y'all take care, and prayers sent.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Tell her to pull that pillow in tight not just hold it there when she coughs. Glad all went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
They were able to repair the mitral valve--that is YUGE! It means no need to repeat valve replacement in the future, AND no need for lifelong blood thinner (warfarin) at least for that reason.
That is great news!

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post