SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wife’s heart valve repair/replacement
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife’s heart valve repair/replacement Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for your wife. Please keep us posted.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I had a mechanical mitral valve replaced in May 2016 at the age of 60 (now I tick like a clock). Had some ups and downs since but I think they've got me on the right track. I'm on on my second pacer. The first was a two wire. Replaced that with a three wire. So sometimes it seems like two steps forward and one step back. But I am finally starting to get some confidence and I'm looking forward instead of looking over my shoulder. So hang in there. Help her walk and get her exercise as soon as she's able. She will be fine.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you both.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you both!

Try and get some sleep.
You'll need all the rest you can get because you're going to be busy doing for her for at least a little while.
Easy for me to say...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Speedy recovery for your wife!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Prayers offered up for you and your wife.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and your wife, maxdog.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers. My granddaughter was born without a valve and underwent surgery just after birth. She is coming up on the next replacement surgery. They have gotten much better but it is still a scary time. Stay strong and best wishes.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your wife. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and she will be in our prayers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I wish your wife fast recovery. Prayers sen for her and her family support.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Hope it goes well. Saying a prayer for you both.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers for success sent!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Maxdog, I expect you have a lot going on but how is your wife doing?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best friend just had two bypasses and a heart valve replacement . It'll take a little while but she will feel like a new woman eventually . Motivate her to walk as much as she can comfortably do . Got to keep those lungs clear so she doesn't end up back in the hospital . My friend just sat around and did nothing and went back twice with fluid in his lungs .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for a successful procedure, and complete recovery.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Best thoughts & wishes to you both

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
maxdog, any update? Repair or replace?

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post