SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brazil: Senator drives backhoe against cops on strike, gets shot (.40 S&W)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brazil: Senator drives backhoe against cops on strike, gets shot (.40 S&W) Login/Join 
Picture of Steyn
posted
Brazil, my country of birth, is too weird to be true:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M8GYuYCYrUE

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Speaking of people not considering “What is going to happen if I ...”?

What could possibly go wrong driving a non-armored tractor against folks very likely to be armed?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Senators are stupid down there as some in the USA, I assume?

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who were the good guys and the bad guys?

Posts: 7559 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

To steal/paraphrase from someone’s .sig line, “Good guys? Bad guys? The cops were the guys with the guns.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I don't know Portuguese, but around the 45 second mark, there was a sign outside the fence, facing toward the camera that said "area militar"

Were they trying to break into an Brazilian army base?

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Marvin Heemeyer and the Killdozer lives! Tread on them!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we should park a backhoe in front of Pelosi's house and leave the keys in it!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Senators are stupid down there as some in the USA, I assume?

You have no idea. It’s a circus, really.

Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

Both sides are bad. The police, for striking (which is illegal), along with destroying police cruisers, stealing police property etc. The senator, for trying to score political points by running over the aforementioned servants of the public.

Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
I don't know Portuguese, but around the 45 second mark, there was a sign outside the fence, facing toward the camera that said "area militar"

Were they trying to break into an Brazilian army base?

In a gross oversimplification, Brazil has two kinds of police: the “Civil Police”, and the “Military Police”. The former does investigative work, the latter is responsible for boots-on-the-ground policing work.

The Military Police is organized in a military fashion (ranks, discipline etc), but they are *not* part of the country’s armed forces.

So the answer to your question is: yes, that’s technically a military area, but no, it’s not an army base.

posted Hide Post
I’m assuming the dummy isn’t dead since it’s still up on YouTube. But shit that’s one hell of a way to get a Darwin Award

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

There were good guys involved? Color me skeptical.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Marvin Heemeyer and the Killdozer lives! Tread on them!

At least old Marvin was smart enough to plate himself in so the po-po couldn't shoot him.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
wait, how did you know it was a .40?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Senator thought he was James Bond:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/K2DUFYqc27w

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
wait, how did you know it was a .40?

I’m relying on his own press people on that; I don’t know how they did get that information (recovered projectile? Spent cases on the scene? Beats me). Be that as it may, the striking cops are indeed armed with Taurus PT96s, which are chambered in .40S&W.