SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who are we all using for a de humidifier
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Who are we all using for a de humidifier Login/Join 
Member
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
Again I come to my Sig Forum family for recommendations.

Who are we all using for a de humidifier? I have a small unit I use in my one car garage. So far it has done a great job till tonight.

I noticed the display on the control panel is not working properly and it also decided not to shut down when the tank was full.
Thankfully I noticed it before it made a big mess.

So it looks like it is time for a new one.

Thank you everyone.




The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State



NRA Life Member
 
Posts: 2895 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Bought a GE 40 pint. Lasted 3-4 years.

Replaced it with a GE 30 pint. Lasted one week past the 90-day warranty.

Replaced it with a GE 40 pint. Worked for less than a year and we gave it to our neighbor. I assume it still works.

They are all foreign made garbage.


_________________________________________________________________________
“A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.”
-- Mark Twain, 1902
 
Posts: 10601 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
They are all garbage. I buy with AMEX to double the warranty. During the first year when they inevitably crap out I replace them with the manufacturer warranty. During the second year I get my money back from AMEX.

To add insult to injury you can’t just put them out with the trash. You’ve got to take them to a special site. I’ve literally loaded up my vehicle with 3 or 4 at a time to get rid of the carcasses.
 
Posts: 1327 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
We have a Hisense and it is on pretty much 24/7. It gets real humid in Cozumel and we bought it 4 years ago. It will suck half a gallon in 24 hours on real humid days. It does generate some heat.


Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!
 
Posts: 1059 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I moved from the South to New Mexico. It worked pretty well. Wink


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 18842 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
AprilAire. Mine is into its 8th year with excellent results.

https://shop.aprilaire.com/collections/dehumidifier
 
Posts: 1509 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Any brand you want with the five year extended warranty. They're all junk. In my experience, if it's a high usage application (on all the time and cycling to keep the room level) it's a lit fuse waiting to blow.
 
Posts: 11860 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
We had a Honeywell that went to shit in less than 3 years and just replaced it with an AprilAire about a month ago. The AprilAire is rated at 80 pints per day and might be a bit of overkill for our roughly 1000 square foot basement, but maintains 40-45% relative humidity running intermittently, whereas the Honeywell struggled to reach 45% running pretty much 24/7. The AprilAire has a 5 year warranty and is made MOSTLY in Wisconsin (depending on who you believe), but of course costs about 5 times the price of the Honeywell.
 
Posts: 897 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Previous homeowners left behind a Toshiba unit in the laundry room. I use it occasionally there and in the garage and it does as intended. The only issue that I have noticed with it is that the humidity control adjustment feature doesn't work. But it has a comfort setting that has a preset and cycles it off and on. It also has a constant on feature. It was "free", so I'll use it as desired until it breaks.
 
Posts: 742 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
We have a Hisense and it is on pretty much 24/7.


I put a Hisense in the crawl space 3 years ago connected to a drain hose to the outside. In the summer it seems to run about 8 hours a day to maintain the 50% humidity setting. So far so good.


No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.
 
Posts: 8545 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I buy GE with the caveat that it is a disposable appliance. Usually get 3-4 years out of one but have had a few lemons over the years. 800 sqft basement. It runs constantly in summer but does cycle at times in the cooler/drier months.


____________
Pace
 
Posts: 1662 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who are we all using for a de humidifier

© SIGforum 2026