SIGforum
Who are we all using for a de humidifier
September 29, 2026, 07:16 PM
71 TRUCKWho are we all using for a de humidifier
Again I come to my Sig Forum family for recommendations.
Who are we all using for a de humidifier? I have a small unit I use in my one car garage. So far it has done a great job till tonight.
I noticed the display on the control panel is not working properly and it also decided not to shut down when the tank was full.
Thankfully I noticed it before it made a big mess.
So it looks like it is time for a new one.
Thank you everyone.
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State
NRA Life Member September 29, 2026, 07:30 PM
229DAKBought a GE 40 pint. Lasted 3-4 years.
Replaced it with a GE 30 pint. Lasted one week past the 90-day warranty.
Replaced it with a GE 40 pint. Worked for less than a year and we gave it to our neighbor. I assume it still works.
They are all foreign made garbage.
_________________________________________________________________________
“A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.”
-- Mark Twain, 1902
September 29, 2026, 07:46 PM
M'headSigThey are all garbage. I buy with AMEX to double the warranty. During the first year when they inevitably crap out I replace them with the manufacturer warranty. During the second year I get my money back from AMEX.
To add insult to injury you can’t just put them out with the trash. You’ve got to take them to a special site. I’ve literally loaded up my vehicle with 3 or 4 at a time to get rid of the carcasses.
September 29, 2026, 09:20 PM
JaycatWe have a Hisense and it is on pretty much 24/7. It gets real humid in Cozumel and we bought it 4 years ago. It will suck half a gallon in 24 hours on real humid days. It does generate some heat.
Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!
September 29, 2026, 09:48 PM
flesheatingvirusI moved from the South to New Mexico. It worked pretty well.

________________________________________
-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 29, 2026, 10:55 PM
rackrackAprilAire. Mine is into its 8th year with excellent results.
https://shop.aprilaire.com/collections/dehumidifierSeptember 30, 2026, 04:49 AM
r0gueAny brand you want with the five year extended warranty. They're all junk. In my experience, if it's a high usage application (on all the time and cycling to keep the room level) it's a lit fuse waiting to blow.
September 30, 2026, 07:28 AM
NOCkidWe had a Honeywell that went to shit in less than 3 years and just replaced it with an AprilAire about a month ago. The AprilAire is rated at 80 pints per day and might be a bit of overkill for our roughly 1000 square foot basement, but maintains 40-45% relative humidity running intermittently, whereas the Honeywell struggled to reach 45% running pretty much 24/7. The AprilAire has a 5 year warranty and is made MOSTLY in Wisconsin (depending on who you believe), but of course costs about 5 times the price of the Honeywell.
September 30, 2026, 08:51 AM
Glynn863Previous homeowners left behind a Toshiba unit in the laundry room. I use it occasionally there and in the garage and it does as intended. The only issue that I have noticed with it is that the humidity control adjustment feature doesn't work. But it has a comfort setting that has a preset and cycles it off and on. It also has a constant on feature. It was "free", so I'll use it as desired until it breaks.
September 30, 2026, 09:09 AM
ridewvquote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
We have a Hisense and it is on pretty much 24/7.
I put a Hisense in the crawl space 3 years ago connected to a drain hose to the outside. In the summer it seems to run about 8 hours a day to maintain the 50% humidity setting. So far so good.
No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.
September 30, 2026, 09:19 AM
pace40I buy GE with the caveat that it is a disposable appliance. Usually get 3-4 years out of one but have had a few lemons over the years. 800 sqft basement. It runs constantly in summer but does cycle at times in the cooler/drier months.
____________
Pace
September 30, 2026, 10:46 AM
maxwayneWhatever is cheapest at Menards or Lowes.
September 30, 2026, 04:15 PM
71 TRUCKThank you everyone for all your help.
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State
NRA Life Member