SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Rush fans here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Rush fans here? Login/Join 
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite bands for sure, up through the "Moving Pictures" album. After that, not so much.

Saw them in concert twice; the Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures tours.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Wow that was great. Thanks for posting.

One of my, if not the number 1, favorite bands.

Have seen them in concert (?) 8 times, the first one being the "Moving Pictures" tour.

Was listening to "Permanent Waves" a couple weeks ago - Jacob's Ladder might be my favorite song of theirs.]

It's definitely one of mine, but I prefer the live version. Same with "Red Barchetta".

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Did someone say Red Barchetta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loxlkg2xYVs

Posts: 3549 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've seen them live 4 times. My favorite without a doubt. Final time was the Vapor Trails Tour. That was the tour that ended in South America and Rush In Rio DVD. I paid 75 bucks for that ticket and thought well guys you're getting out of my range for what I want to pay. I'll just buy the DVD's from here on out.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I love Rush!" Said no attractive woman ever in the history of attractive women.

Rush are talented and all, but they are "music to have a sausage fest by".

And yes I am a white man with an engineering degree and in the past I have hung out with other white men with engineering degrees, and the female repellant properties of Rush (in addition to the repellent properties of white men with engineering degrees) are legendary.

In mixed crowds with copious alcohol, I tend to put Buck Cherry's "Crazy Bitch" on, and more often then not the girls rock out to it. Unlike, for example, YYZ.

Yes, I have seen them twice. The first time was in 1991 and Eric Johnson opened for them, with two full Marshall Stacks and his twin Dumble Steel String Singers. That was one of the best performances I've ever seen - Eric's I mean. Second time was a couple years later and due to bad navigating by an infuriating "friend" we missed the opening act, which I think was "Mr. Big".

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've seen Rush close to 100x and didn't even start until Hold Your Fire in 1988. Though I did hear All the World's a Stage on 8 track in my babysitter's van when it first came out. I was just getting into Kiss at that time. I'm still not over Neil's passing, which means I haven't even started processing EVH's passing yet.

Posts: 3549 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Yeah, we all knew 2020 was gonna suck after 1/7. BTW, Alex looks to be aging well. And doesn't he have a signature Epiphone line now? Loved Rush from the beginning. Clockwork Angels is an amazing bookend.

Posts: 3525 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Thanks for posting. Yeah, we all knew 2020 was gonna suck after 1/7. BTW, Alex looks to be aging well. And doesn't he have a signature Epiphone line now? Loved Rush from the beginning. Clockwork Angels is an amazing bookend.

Gibson put out an Epi version of his signature Les Paul because (I suspect) not enough people were shelling out upwards of $5k for the real thing. My bass player has the real one and wanted me to use it for our gigs, but it's just not my kind of guitar. I like to look at Les Pauls and don't like to play them. I'm an Ernie Ball/Music Man guy.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

Gibson put out an Epi version of his signature Les Paul because (I suspect) not enough people were shelling out upwards of $5k for the real thing. My bass player has the real one and wanted me to use it for our gigs, but it's just not my kind of guitar. I like to look at Les Pauls and don't like to play them. I'm an Ernie Ball/Music Man guy.

Even with the axcess neck? It’s not quite as good as the PRS undercut on their 245 series, but it fixed a lot of the problems with sharp edges on the other Les Paul types. And you still get the piezo for acoustic sounds.

This thread also needs the best intro ever:

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
We do the R30 Overture as well, but I don't know if I have any video of it.

I like his PRS guitars more than the Les Pauls. Best though is the red Hentor Sportscaster in the Distant Early Warning video.

posted Hide Post
Mega dittos

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread also needs the best intro ever

Undoubtedly Rush at their best.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved for decades. White man with engineering degree. Wife loves Rush. Lucky me!

Oldest tour shirt is from Roll the Bones.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2365 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I first saw them with the "Permanent Waves" Tour in Fort Worth TX Feb 1980.
We went to the "Moving Pictures" tour in April the next year. I remember it was described as 'power rock' back then.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I saw the Roll the Bones tour in Germany twice, but I lost that shirt long ago. Saw the Time Machine tour in Vegas, Phoenix, Albuquerque and Frankfurt too.