SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Rush fans here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Rush fans here? Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
I think we have a few. This is my Rush tribute playing in El Paso a few weeks ago. I'm the guitar player. Ah hell, I can't figure out how to embed it. Gonna have to click on the link.

Analog Kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnP0Kcovqlw

Posts: 3548 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Back in the day of cassette tapes I queued up Tom Sawyer at the very beginning and turned the volume way up in my Firebird. When my girlfriend turned the radio on it blasted like in Back to the Future. Startled her so bad she spazzed out and couldn’t turn the sound down. Lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Awesome job! Love Rush! Kind of thing I would go to by myself as the woman and kids would have no appreciation.

Posts: 4351 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite bands. A buddy of mine is in a Rush coverband called Thunderhead. If you like Rush and are near St.Louis check them out it’s a great time. They play at the Pagent and the family arena a couple times a year.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Never really got into them, but I always respected Neal Peart. He was an avid motorcyclist and rode his bike between gigs. He said it helped him deal with the pain of losing his wife and daughter.

Sorry for the tangent. But that’s what I remember about Rush.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
One of my top 3 favorite bands. Still can’t believe Neil is gone. Nice job!

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
You guys are solid! Smile Cool

I'm a big Rush fan and I play bass, so I can certainly appreciate how difficult it is to cover any Rush song. Hell, it's damn near impossible to find a drummer that can play Rush. Good job!

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1906 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
What? No washing machines? Wink

I always hated Rush until this year. Now I listen to their old stuff on a regular basis. I think it was the voice that grated my nerves to shreds. I can appreciate them now. I suppose my fandom is newly minted.

There was a HUGE jump in quality between their first and second album. Almost like a different band.

Alex is a treasure and his later guitar tones remind me a lot of the Police.

My buddy Mike lived in Arizona for many years and was also the guitarist in a Rush tribute band named Freewill. Big Grin

In conclusion, you rocked it. That's one of my favorite Alex riffs.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cousin introduced me to a Rush album in the early 80's IIRC. Been a fan since.
They are in rotation on my Pandora playlist.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
... My buddy Mike lived in Arizona for many years and was also the guitarist in a Rush tribute band named Freewill. Big Grin ...
Well, would you look at that? I think you're in the same band my friend was in. How awesome!

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
That was awesome, one of my favorite Rush songs!!!

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've seen Mike play with some other bands. This band is pretty much the bass player's and everyone else is a sub.

Posts: 3548 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Been a Rush fan over 30 years.

Rush - "Subdivisions"

Rush - "Red Sector A"

And more.

I can't even think up the first word of a song or poem, let alone lyrics like those. Frown

Posts: 27982 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Nice job! I love Rush too!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1736 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Wow that was great. Thanks for posting.

One of my, if not the number 1, favorite bands.

Have seen them in concert (?) 8 times, the first one being the "Moving Pictures" tour.

Was listening to "Permanent Waves" a couple weeks ago - Jacob's Ladder might be my favorite song of theirs.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My favorite rock band of all time. I was always amazed how 3 guys could produce the sound they did. One of my biggest musical based regrets was never seeing them in concert.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Awesome work, Rick. Rush is difficult as heck to play.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Did somebody say Permanent Waves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7eNBd7C1_A

I've played Jacob's Ladder with other bands, but this one hasn't polished it yet. We'll do it at a future gig.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That was great, Rick! Thanks for posting.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38702 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RUSH Signals was one of my favorite albums growing up in my early teens.

Good post - and cool cover Band.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post