SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Milwaukee things to do?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milwaukee things to do? Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Is The Safe House still around? I haven't been to Milwaukee in 20 years, but The Safe House was fun.

LOL yup, still here, I almost forgot about that one. Not giving ya the password eather Wink Big Grin

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to college there, another vote for the safe house. If you are also going to the HD museum, I would suggest the Great Lakes Distillery that is kitty Korner to the south from the museum. Excellent spirits all around, my fave is their Roaring Dan rum which they mix with Sprecher cream soda for their Mooncusser, great stuff.

You should also check out one of the Kopps restaurants. They have 3 locations towards the edge of the metro area, they serve old fashioned diner fare, the burgers are excellent and the custard flavors and deserts are to die for.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
+1 on Kopps for a quick food idea, but the custard is the real reason to go there.

Have a Sprecher Dark Bavarian at the bar atop the
Pfister Hotel.

Milwaukee pulls in the sidewalks early.Kopps is open later and so are the two Balisteri's locations. I agree I would order thin crust pizza in a second at either Balisteri's. The Rib Eye is my go to there!

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Look up Laverne and Shirley..

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.crazyfamilyadventu...-to-do-in-milwaukee/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Sing along...

I'm from Milwaukee and I ought to know:
It's draft brewed Blatz beer, wherever you go.
Smoother and fresher, less filling that's clear,
Blatz is Milwaukee's finest beer.

I heard this all the time on LA Angels games in the 60s

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! We had a great time and will visit again.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, whadjya do, where'd ya go?!?!? Wink

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
We stayed at the Knickerbocker by the lake. We visited the HD museum, then we ate and drank a lot along the river walk. We did the Lakefront Brewery tour, really enjoyed that.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post