SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
CNN Senior Law Enforcement Analyst Tom Fuentes explains that women can't carry concealed weapons

https://youtu.be/g_7vhwvUwrs

"Where are you going to hide that gun ?"

Just sayin.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of our esteemed female forum members uses a thigh holster.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30672 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I really want to believe this, but the logic doesn't bear out for me. Just doesn't pass the smell test. I can stuff a lot of 30 and 40 round mags into a backpack. What the hell bag was he using that somehow only fit 10 round mags? Why 10 rounds mags when a 20 is pretty much the same size? I want to believe it so bad that warning bells are going off.
OK, from where do you think this information came? Out of thin air? This information came from whom? The people who processed the crime scene, that's who. Do you think they are lying? Why would they do that? You can't accept the facts as given to you by the people who were actually on the scene, and who picked up the rifle and magazines.

Forget about the "wouldn't fit into his bag" crap. They are telling you the truth, despite your reluctance to accept it becuase it doesn't make sense to your way of thinking, and because of some trivial detail about what may or may not fit into some bag.

Jesus, guys

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, from where do you think this information came? Out of thin air? This information came from whom? The people who processed the crime scene, that's who.

As relayed by "Sen. Lauren Book, D-Plantation." I don't doubt whatever the people processing the crime scene have to say. I have every doubt about what a Democrat Senator has to say about it.

quote:
Do you think they are lying? Why would they do that?

They? No. I think the good Senator perhaps might not be the best way to disseminate actual knowledge, as interpreted by a newspaper reporter. Both of those two parties have an agenda, whereas the people processing the scene do not.

quote:
You can't accept the facts as given to you by the people who were actually on the scene, and who picked up the rifle and magazines.

We haven't heard from those people. We heard from Sen. Lauren Book, D-Plantation. When a full official report comes out, we'll know exactly what the people who picked up the evidence found.

quote:
Forget about the "wouldn't fit into his bag" crap. They are telling you the truth, despite your reluctance to accept it becuase it doesn't make sense to your way of thinking, and because of some trivial detail about what may or may not fit into some bag.

Jesus, guys

I'll be extremely happy to be wrong on this one, but as it currently stands, it just doesn't jibe with me. I feel compelled to explain myself to you here, and I understand you will probably tell me to refrain from further posting about it and I will. Please understand that I mean no disrespect here, and that I had edited the post you quoted before you replied to further explain myself. I just do not trust Dem politicians.

Senator Lauren Book, first google result of her name:
http://www.miamiherald.com/new...rticle201671659.html

quote:
Book, however, said there will be time to push for an assault weapons ban, but she is not convinced they will succeed if they attempt to force it this session. She said the students’ #NeverAgain movement is equivalent to the #MeToo movement that has occurred around the country after attention ballooned over sexual harassment.

Book, Jacobs and Rep. Jared Moskowitz , along with Sens. Kevin Rader, Galvano and Simpson attended the funeral of Wang. The heartbreak of his family and friends who attended his funeral, and wept over his open casket, will make it impossible for them to fail to keep working on this issue.

“I will never forget the screaming of those mothers and fathers and children and siblings,” Book said. “This is the watershed moment. We just have to keep chipping away at that crack so that the dam will bust open, and I believe that it will. But to try to do it all in 11 days is not necessarily the most practical.”

This woman has an agenda, it doesn't match my own, and I do not trust anything she has to say about it. Ten round mag limits was the camel's nose under the tent. The camel is pushing.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good grief. Have fun in Paranoia Land. Say 'hi' for me to, well, nobody.

Work it out on your own. I'm not wasting any more of my time.

I didn't start this thread to see a bunch of hand-wringing from people who can't accept any positive news, except as evidence of some VAST conspiracy.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Paranoia will Destroy ya

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I really want to believe this, but the logic doesn't bear out for me. Just doesn't pass the smell test. I can stuff a lot of 30 and 40 round mags into a backpack. What the hell bag was he using that somehow only fit 10 round mags? Why 10 rounds mags when a 20 is pretty much the same size?

You're trying to find reason and logic in the actions of a crazed 19yr old who shot up his former classmates.....? Roll Eyes

Again, we're dealing with a crazy person here: logic, reason, rationale, principals, judgement...they don't apply to this person as you see them. Much like laws & criminals...they don't follow them. The explanation is he's crazy.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Delta: Our values are not for sale

Well, good, then you won't mind taking the 50 million dollar hit, bright boy.

“Our decision was not made for economic gain and our values are not for sale." Well, it's good that you didn't pull this entirely unnecessary virtue-signalling horse shit to increase your profits, because you surely have tanked your profits for the quarter. Be sure and say 'hey' to your shareholders for us, y'hear?

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Hey Delta- Next time some 23 year old genderfluid kid with multiple face piercings yells at your employees for not letting them bring their emotional support warthog on the plane, just remember that is the group you decided to lose 50 million for.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Delta: Our values are not for sale

Some quotes from the article.

quote:
While Delta’s intent was to remain neutral....

Really if that's what the CEO really thought with his decision he should quit right now or be removed. How far out of tough is he.

quote:
we are supporters of the 2nd Amendment, just as we embrace the entire Constitution of the United States.

Bullshit

quote:
I have tremendous respect and admiration for Governor Nathan Deal, and thank him for the work he has done on the jet fuel tax exemption.

Why don't you just give him a BJ.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Ha!
Nice job Delta. Was it worth it?

I hope all of these companies face a severe backlash!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.usatoday.com/story...tax-break/388587002/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The grieving students of Parkland have fought bravely through their tears to do a fundraising email for the DNC.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Sad, stupid, little children.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post

I wonder how they would have been guided by their "values" if the number was 13,000 instead of 13. I guess they calculated that there was no downside. WRONG!

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Such is the nature of virtue signaling - make a loud statement about how virtuous you are, so long as you perceive no actual cost or effort is required on your part.

I hope to go the tax cut is really off the table.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:

That is what you call PRICELESS!!!!

Good on Jawja for making that happen.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
So if delta had just kept their mouth shut, they'd be $40 million more....morons.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
buh, buh, the "narrative"... Suck it Chuck and Diane. Pandering assholes.

Report: Parkland Shooter Did Not Use High Capacity Magazines

The gunman used only 10-round magazines. The Parkland shooter did not use magazines larger than 10 rounds, but gun reform lobbyists are calling on lawmakers to ban higher capacity magazines after the Valentine’s Day tragedy.

The 19-year-old school shooter who killed 17 in Florida on Valentine’s Day had 150 rounds of ammunition in 10-round magazines. Larger ones would not fit in his bag, Sen. Lauren Book, D-Plantation revealed.

https://www.nationalreview.com...-capacity-magazines/
These are 'facts'. Why on earth would you think that would in any way impact the tantrums the Left is throwing right now? Dammit! The AR must go! The hell with facts and reality!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The chairman said
quote:
quote:
we are supporters of the 2nd Amendment, just as we embrace the entire Constitution of the United States.

with support like this you lose a $40,000,000 tax break, Bwahahahahaha. fuckstick.

Posts: 6395 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I cancelled my REI membership and the lady didn't seem to care at all. It still felt great.

Here too.

Thanks for emailing the co-op, and your feedback regarding Vista Outdoor.

Please read REI's statement on our newsroom at https://newsroom.rei.com/compa...th-vista-outdoor.htm

We have discontinued your membership per your request.

Best,

Karen
REI Membership Services

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member