SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pools - What would you do differently? - Construction Started 3/9/23, Pool Filled 4/20/23 - Complete 4/30/23
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pools - What would you do differently? - Construction Started 3/9/23, Pool Filled 4/20/23 - Complete 4/30/23 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Big ass cartridge LOL, good thing you're going Salt, it's one of the best decisions we made.

Did you go with a variable speed pump? Replaced ours several years ago with one, can't tell from the electric bill if it's saved anything since the rates go up faster than I can cut the use with "greener" products LOL...

I think it's a 4 cartridge unit, looks similar to what I had at our last house.
Haven't actually looked at the equipment too much, but I'm pretty sure it's a variable speed pump. Just 1 for everything.
We had 3 at our old house, 1 variable & 2 constant.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15152 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
More updates.
Patio was poured/finished yesterday.

Rebar

Took advantage of the missing concrete & ran some PVC to make a CAT6 run to the guest/pool house. Stubbed for now & will make the full run later.

Patio was poured & finished in 1 day. They'll come back to do an acid wash on the surface to remove the concrete film & expose the aggregate a bit more.

Equipment shot, for those curious.
Much simpler setup than we had with our last pool

Posts: 15152 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks good, lots of nice new equipment, plenty of valves to play with!

The deck came out really nice

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's coming along nicely

The patio and stonework edge look sharp

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Have the exact same filter and heater. Good equipment choice. Your secondary pump looks like it’s for a Polaris? No booster pump or air blower for the spa?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Booster is between the filter & variable pump, but think that's primarily for the Polaris.
Will have to look again on the blower, don't recall if we were doing one or not.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Firepit assembled yesterday
Pool emptied & cleaned up for PebbleTec next week

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Holy CRAP!!! That all looks FANTASTIC!!! Congrats, P250UA5!! I know ZIP about pools, but the only thing I was going to suggest was go with salt, which you have. My brother and S-I-L had a salt setup in League City before they retired to Tennessee. It was a good setup and it looks like you have as good or even better than what they had!

Thanks for the pics...GREAT STUFF!!! [thumbs up!]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
PebbleTec crew was out Tue/Wed & got the pool surfaced.
Filling started yesterday mid-morning.
Electrician got the equipment connected to power yesterday as well.
Air Blower for the spa was installed yesterday.
At of 7AM today [Thu], the waterline was almost up to the wall spouts/jets.
Cleanup crew was there this morning, hoping things look more normal [apart from missing grass] when I get home tonight.

Firepit construction apparently forgot to put a breather tube/hole at the base of the firepit, so they'll have to come out & remedy that.

Have to brush the PebbleTec 2x/day for a couple days

Just pool school to go & we should be about done

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks great, PebbleTec is absolutely the way to go, going to be a fun summer, let us know when the SigForum Swim-n-Shoot meet is scheduled!

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pool is filled
Just a couple tasks left to complete & 'pool school' to learn the equipment.
Fire pit needs to be finished, air blower for the spa needs to be installed, and the french drains on the patio are draining really slowly. Heavy rain last night & I had standing water over both drains.
Guessing there's a kink or blockage somewhere downstream where they tied in to the old corrugated line that runs to the ditch.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
YOu always find the buried kink in a line after its covered with dirt.....

Pool looks great, suggestion, which you may be planning on, put down some stones making a path to the pool equipment, nothing good about having to jump out of the hot tub to go turn a valve you forgot about or bringing cut grass bits back on your feet, dog crap, dirt...

Large stones placed walking distance apart, not together so grass can grow between them.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We had that at our old house too, I've got some stones that may work for that & are a close match to the flagstone around the pool edge.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pool is now 100% complete.
Heater had a toggle that wasn't flipped & was preventing it from igniting
Lights were stuck on 1 color
Firepit was missing a vent hole in the side

Firepit was fixed yesterday, just need to turn on the gas & add some more lava rock to the top
Heater & lights fixed this morning, tested & working.

Picked up a Costco deal on a Samsung 70" for the back patio

Just need to get the French drains fixed & the landscaping/grass done now, and get the safety fence installed.

We also got our water bill yesterday, only about $110 to fill the pool, was expecting it to be much worse.

posted Hide Post
Looking good man. Really like the sloping entrance rocks.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Added a 70" Samsung for the patio, Costco deal that was too good to pass up.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice, like the TV install, Clarkson an Sabine Schmitz, she was fearless behind the wheel!

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Nice, like the TV install, Clarkson an Sabine Schmitz, she was fearless behind the wheel!

One of my favorite episodes.
Love that SamsungTV+ (free Samsung app) has a dedicated Top Gear channel.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Getting quotes for a safety fence for the pool.
Had a number in my head, and one that my pool guy estimated.

First quote was nearly triple what I expected Eek

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Minor update.
Had to have my gas meter replaced/upgraded.

The pool heater was heating, but it sounded like a gas powered lawnmower, deep bass frequency vibration.

Had the Pentair warranty folks out & they said it was a low flow condition.

Not sure how we got everything completed & didn't have the heater tested for proper function.
We had such a hot summer that we never fired it up until recently.

Working great now.