SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whose Voice Makes You Automatically Reach For The Off/Mute Button?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whose Voice Makes You Automatically Reach For The Off/Mute Button? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
It's gotten to the point where I no longer dare to put the news on TV. Or radio. Because it seems that no matter the broadcaster, they feel it necessary to fill in dead air with sound bites emanating from some of the most offensive wastes of oxygen extant. "Don't ever get yourself between XXXXX and a microphone if you value your life," is a commonly heard phrase about some of these people. I think I'll turn to a music channel.

Do you have a "favorite?" Which is a word that is the exact opposite of what this poll is intended.

Question:
Which, when their recognizable voice comes out of your speaker, causes two immediate responses: Stifle the gag reflex and reach for the OFF button?

Choices:
Nancy Pelosi
Chuck Schumer
Andrew Cuomo
Hillary Clinton
More Than One/All
Other (Explain)

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
AOC, and I'd recommend you add this bitch to your list. She comes on the TV this year, last year, any year, I want to hurt something. Her whiny ass voice, her max liberal bullshit. Add Bernie and his "free" bullshit too.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12639 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
You omitted Newscum

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Jessica Tarlov's voice can etch glass!! That was my first thought. I hope Fox News dumps her soon. Red Face

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I answered 'all' but Hildawg's voice by far is the most annoying. Primarily in actual campaign speaking. I was returning from work one day while she was stumping for the 2008 nomination and heard her on the radio. You know the kind, loud and preaching to the choir. I realized then what she sounded like to me. And I'm totally serious about this, the tone is in many cases the same:

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Any liberal politician or candidate makes me want to do an Elvis on the television.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Kaptain Kenya.

But in reality, all of them.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
ANY “professional politician” (does NOT apply to DJT, as he isn’t nor never was one).

Also, almost EVERY commercial, especially the auto insurance, ambulance chasing lawyers, those stupid Kraft mac&cheese chasing the kid commercials, and any other ones that are annoying if repeated every commercial break period. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Kaptain Kenya.

But in reality, all of them.

This... Obummer gives me a stomach ache

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm annoyed by all those people, but Hillary Clinton's speaking voice is physically painful to hear.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Everyone listed, plus Nancy Grace.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Uh, uh, uh, that, uh, guy..

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Joy Behar. That harpie is always on the TV whenever I'm in a waiting room.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I never hear Schumer because as soon as I see that reptilian face, I’ve hit mute before he can utter a word.

But Obama is still the worst for me. His voice is a mix between a preening diletante and an effeminate scold. Even after being out of office for 3+ years, I still shudder and hit mute if I hear him.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
The list is so long, I can't even make a dent in it.

The krimson kenyan is #1 on the list. Thankfully it's extremely rare I have to endure his voice, if even for a few seconds before I find the remote.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
During his second admin I came to loathe Stampy Feet’s voice so much I’d blow a hamstring trying to get to the mute button.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
You omitted Newscum

As we....meet the moment...in securing...procuring......ensuring....proper... consignment of......N95 masks.....produced, here....in California......for the benefit.....of our.....healthcare heroes.....We are in fact....seizing the moment....to overcome....the pandemic......stay home.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Geraldo Rivera
Marie Harf

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Sean Hannity.

Don't disagree with his politics; can't stand his voice.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:
Geraldo Rivera
Marie Harf

Got to add Juan Williams to that list.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post