SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Red Skelton's Recipe for the Perfect Marriage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Skelton's Recipe for the Perfect Marriage Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
1. Two times a week we go to a nice restaurant, have a little beverage, good food and companionship. She goes on Tuesdays, I go on Fridays.
2. We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in California and mine is in Texas.
3. I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.
4. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said. So I suggested the kitchen.
5. We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
6. She has an electric blender, electric toaster and electric bread maker. She said "There are too many gadgets, and no place to sit down!" So I bought her an electric chair.
7. My wife told me the car wasn't running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was. She told me, "In the lake."
8. She got a mud pack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
9. She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, "Am I too late for the garbage?" The driver said, "No, jump in!".
10. Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.
11. I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was 'Always'.
12. I haven't spoken to my wife in 18 months. I don't like to interrupt her.
13. The last fight was my fault though. My wife asked, "What's on the TV?"
I said, "Dust!".
Can't you just hear him say all of these?
I love it. These were the good old days when humor didn't have to start with a four letter word or political. It was just clean and simple fun. And he always ended his programs with the words, "And May God Bless"with a big smile on his face.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

Posts: 53192 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I remember the Red Skelton show well.
Always enjoyed it.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
He was truly a master comedian. I miss those days.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Yes, I remember too. Very nice!

I must be a Fudd. Big Grin

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
He was one of the great ones... Those were the days of good clean family entertainment for the whole family. .................. drill sgt/

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Got change for a Hern?"

One of his classic bits that began with a bomb when the audience didn't get it and didn't laugh. The next week he had a whole routine explaining it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9162 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I tried to Google it but couldn't find the comedian. Was Red Skelton the one who quipped about his wife's belief in separate bedrooms but joint checking accounts?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23269 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I tried to Google it but couldn't find the comedian. Was Red Skelton the one who quipped about his wife's belief in separate bedrooms but joint checking accounts?
I think Henny Youngman used that line, as well as several others listed in the OP. I don't know who stole what from whom.

Skelton was one of my favorite comedians back in the day. More than a little corny (how long since you've heard that word?), but funny as all get out. Much of stand-up is about the delivery, Skelton always hit the nail squarely on the head.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Sorry but any thread involving Red Skeleton must include this:

Posts: 3937 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
He was my Dad's favorite. Mine, too.

Posts: 9049 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I remember watch him growing up, thanks for the memories.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
He was already grown up when I saw him on TV, you must be a lot older than me.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was great, and would sneak one in every now and again. He was presenting on some award show, and said something the lines of 'A lost purse was found. If you lost a purse, go to Helen Hunt for it.'

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post