SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OK, a Budweiser that......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, a Budweiser that...... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had the Freedom Reserve on vacation, decent beer. I'm way into beers, been brewing seriously for about 8 years. I have done a lager, a few sour beers and have a 4 tap system with one of them nitro.

That said, I try not to be "snobby" about it. I'm cool with whatever someone likes, it is just personal taste. I've been known to drink a Bud or Dos XX Amber with a lime wedge on occasion.

I like all styles, but my favorite ones to brew are IPA, DIPA, APA and various stouts and Porters.

The macro brewery advertising does crack me up though. On the one hand it is all macho and they talk about "flavor" etc...then they talk about how it is "ice cold" and proceed to deliberately use brewing methods to eliminate most of the flavor! Big Grin

I'd drink more Bud or Coors except the regular versions of those cost almost as much as micros, so I'd rather buy a micro. The "light" versions just don't have enough flavor to be worth it IMO.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Speaking of micro breweries . . .

I used to drink a lot of beer. A LOT! Now, I probably drink beer once or twice a month, usually one beer, rarely more than two.

For you folks in Central Florida, ArtieS introduced me to The Crooked Can. This is a brewery on the edge of the "upscale yuppie touristy" area of Winter Garden. They have a large menu of various beers brewed on location. I have tried a few, they were pretty good, and I really like their lager.

They are located in a large building that also houses a sort of upscale food court, all local businesses, no chain or franchise stuff, with various offerings, including a fancy shmancy pizza place that (gasp!) does not offer anchovies.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
The Budweiser from the Czech Republic tastes better than the American version.

Well, they invented the style and have it down to a science. Pils and Pilsener literally refers to the city name of where they first made it:

Plzeň/Pilsen

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post