SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Favorite" Breakfast for Dinner/Supper
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Favorite" Breakfast for Dinner/Supper Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Biscuits and Gravy! for V-Tail's question.

Posts: 1714 | Location: CO | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Grits bowl...cheese grits with all the fixins mixed up together...scrambled eggs, bacon, maybe sausage, sometimes hash browns, and more cheese. I like to have some cheese toast on the side too.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
potatoes O'Brian

Who's that, your brother?

Nope: This. Diced fried spuds with diced red and green peppers and some spices. It's very good.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
All of the threads about food has me thinking which "breakfast" food is my favorite for dinner/supper . While I love biscuits and gravy anytime, I'd have to say that french toast with "real" maple syrup is at the top of my list followed by corned beef hash topped with eggs "up" (New England style)

What's yours...

Mine is Eggs Sardou, a New Orleans twist on Eggs Benedict. I have not had it at Antoine's, but I make it myself and it is impressive for a semi-elegant evening meal. Poached eggs, hollandaise, on an artichoke bottom resting on a bed of creamed spinach. Add a splash of Tabasco here and there, a Bloody Mary and all is forgiven from the night before.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
We do Breakfast for dinner usually once a week. Every thing one would consider breakfast stuff.... bacon and eggs, omelets, waffles, sausages and yes, biscuits & gravy. Also enjoy SOS which was always offered at midrats in the Navy before going on the 12 to 8 shift.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Chicken fried steak with scratch-made white sausage gravy, eggs over easy, toast, bacon, hash browns or biscuits with sausage gravy (same gravy as on the CFS.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
We do breakfast for dinner a couple times a month. Recently the wife made a breakfast casserole with Tater Tots egg, sausage, cheese and diced Jalapeno that was killer. Don't be hatin' on tots.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over easy eggs with sausage links and some grits will do for me.

Posts: 255 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Shit on a shingle. AKA Creamed dried beef on toast.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Shit on a shingle. AKA Creamed dried beef on toast.

I like to add a scrambled egg on top.

Posts: 255 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
Good o'fashion B&G is a big hit in my house anytime!
What's a B&G?

Bagels and G---?

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy !

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Big omelette with egg, peppers, onion and whatever cheese I have extra. Sometimes omelette gets tomato and or carrot bits. Sliced German brats from Aldi fried in butter. Crispy hash browns with sour cream topped with sliced green onions on the side. And Goya hot sauce for the omelette.....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
We call it Breakfast in a Bowl! Fried potatoes ( home fries) Topped with Sausage gravy then add some breakfast Sausage links more gravy then topped with 2 eggs cooked the way the way you like then Cheddar cheese if you like Served with Biscuits or Toast if you wish

Posts: 1604 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Hashbrowns covered in chili topped with fried eggs.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Jim - my brother "Brien" would love that! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Jim - my brother "Brien" would love that! Razz

Okay, I got it now. Spelling isn't my best talent. But that doesn't change the fact that potatoes 'O'Brien' isn't some really good stuff. We get it in a bag made by Idaho Potato Co. at the local store. Wink

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Egg in a hole, hole sandwiches, or whatever the dozen of names are for it. Works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

This was our breakfast this morning, the only thing that separated it from our dinner last night is the runny egg.

If im making breakfast for dinner its gotta have a sweet component, some pancakes or french toast on the side!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Biscuits and gravy......

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Corned beef hash with warm tortillas and over easy eggs.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post